21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kartouche

Hello

I just installed ERE36B and i've got problem with apps missing in the market.

When I was on ERE27 rooted with superboot I haven't this problem.

Any solution ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

Guest xkonni
Hello

I just installed ERE36B and i've got problem with apps missing in the market.

When I was on ERE27 rooted with superboot I haven't this problem.

Any solution ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english.

did you bother reading this thread at all?

its the build fingerprint... you can fake it with the kitchen, get it out of MCR, or manually edit /system/build.prop

Guest xkonni
Okay thanks !

What I have to change in the build.prop ?

Thank you

best way would be, download a custom rom and compare to yours. then change as appropriate.

( uploaded a custom build.prop here: http://pastebin.com/GuQybRQG )

But now you need to empty your market cache, maybe just delete its directory in /data

( /data/data/com.android.vending )

Guest kartouche
best way would be, download a custom rom and compare to yours. then change as appropriate.

( uploaded a custom build.prop here: http://pastebin.com/GuQybRQG )

But now you need to empty your market cache, maybe just delete its directory in /data

( /data/data/com.android.vending )

okay thanks.

I already change the fingerpring but It still not works.

I think it's because of the market cache but how could delete the cache directory ?

I could pull it but I don't know how to erase.

Thanks

Edit : That works great ! juste have to reboot the device and wait a few minutes !

Edited by kartouche

Guest ENDRI

Dear friends,

I've just become a premium user and cooked my first ROM for the N1... I had a ere27 build stock. I used the kitchen to cooked and ere36b stock update with root, the new himem kernel and the radio update.

The firse time I tried to flash evrything went fine but the camera and gallery app didn't work. I re-flash and everything went smooth.

I have some question:

1. What is new about the new kernel, apart thet it gives me more ram? is underclocked etc?

2. After the flashing i feel my device to run slower than before.... is that possible or it's just my paranoic personality?

3. Will I be able to flash the desire rom once is compleate or do I need a wipe?

Thx!

Guest millhouse410

Anyone else still having Camera Flash issues? Mine ONLY takes dimly lit pics when close up to the target...unviewable at more than 5feet. Love the built in < missing MARKET APPS FIX

Guest DistortedLoop
Is it possible to get the Wireless Tethering working on the ERE36B radio update?

Yes. Works for me. Download the app direct from Google code site. Install it manually. Goto settings within the app and reinstall binaries/config files. Works for me after doing that.

Guest DistortedLoop
Dear friends,

I've just become a premium user and cooked my first ROM for the N1... I had a ere27 build stock. I used the kitchen to cooked and ere36b stock update with root, the new himem kernel and the radio update.

The firse time I tried to flash evrything went fine but the camera and gallery app didn't work. I re-flash and everything went smooth.

I have some question:

1. What is new about the new kernel, apart thet it gives me more ram? is underclocked etc?

2. After the flashing i feel my device to run slower than before.... is that possible or it's just my paranoic personality?

3. Will I be able to flash the desire rom once is compleate or do I need a wipe?

Thx!

Reflashing often works wonders for some reason. It's actually a little unnerving that it does, because that implies that the flashing process isn't bullet-proof.

I don't think this particular build changes the kernel. This is pretty much a stock build with insecure and himem options, isn't it?

Your the first person I've seen report a slower machine after using any of the himem enabled roms.

You can flash any rom you want from now on. You'll just have to do a wipe from RA_Recovery if you're changing from one Dev's build to another...ie., from this one to Desire.

Guest mattyv316
Yes. Works for me. Download the app direct from Google code site. Install it manually. Goto settings within the app and reinstall binaries/config files. Works for me after doing that.

Tried that and it still starts with errors, and when I launch the app, I still get the No Netfilter error. Do I need to do the 18 step kernel fix again?

Guest ENDRI
Reflashing often works wonders for some reason. It's actually a little unnerving that it does, because that implies that the flashing process isn't bullet-proof.

I don't think this particular build changes the kernel. This is pretty much a stock build with insecure and himem options, isn't it?

Your the first person I've seen report a slower machine after using any of the himem enabled roms.

You can flash any rom you want from now on. You'll just have to do a wipe from RA_Recovery if you're changing from one Dev's build to another...ie., from this one to Desire.

Thanks mate!

EPE54B kitchen now online - includes insecure, superboot, himem, market friendly ERE27 build fingerprint and more.

De-odex'd packages and standalone superboots to follow.

P

Guest craigacgomez
Paul, have you got the changelog for EPE54B?

This is a ROM leaked by Football on XDADev forums...

Here new ROM for Nexus One, I don't have change log for it, so I can't say what have changed in it...

But this is what Amon_RA figured out...

Compared to ERE36B :

- no new radio

- no new kernel

- system/framework/* changed

- system/app/*.apk changed

- system/bin/debuggerd changed

- system/etc/security/otacerts.zip changed

- system/lib/libhtc_ril.so changed

=> Don't notice anything new when using

Guest craigacgomez

Does anyone who flashed this ROM have problem with adb remount? I get a "remount failed: Operation not permitted" error... only with this ROM release

Edited by craigacgomez

Guest Spinstorm

Paul,

If I want to go from your brilliant amazing Desire ROM to the stock ROM using the Kitchen would I simply then:

Wipe (in recovery and then)

Install the kitchen update zip

or do I have to put the original ROM on the phone and then update? (I am not bothered about reflashing original recovery I just want to be clear on how to get a stock

rom back).

Thanks!

Guest kwanying
Does anyone who flashed this ROM have problem with adb remount? I get a "remount failed: Operation not permitted" error... only with this ROM release

Yes i got the same problem even after install superboot + himem.

Anyway to get my adb remount working?