21/Oct Stock ROMs - ERD79 -> FRG83 images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest kwandds

So I flashed CM5-beta4 + theme with baked rom from here including Superoot option. Everything seems to work, but I dont have any of the CM5 root apps like Terminal. Also Nexus torch works, but Titanium backup doesnt work saying it can't access root.

Hi im a noob and N1 is my first android phone. Played with it since bought a week ago, rooted and flashed a custom firmware.

Learnt about the google update (ERE27) this morning and as always, modaco is first place i learnt to look for the update files.

However, I wiped my phone before flashing the main update as i thought a clean install would avoid any possible problems some others on this forum had encountered.

Unfortunately, when i proceeded to flash the main update (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip), i got an error when writing boot:

Writing Boot...

E:No Space left on device

E:Error writing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 69:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

The phone reboot ok and i got MT in gallery and browser, "About" says build is ERE27. However im still concern something is wrong underneath

need help, thanks!

[EDIT] i reflashed the old stock ERD79 and then tried to flash ERE27 on top of that without wipe. Still got no space error. what is going on....

Edited by zzzmmm

Guest Kruzkal
Hi im a noob and N1 is my first android phone. Played with it since bought a week ago, rooted and flashed a custom firmware.

Learnt about the google update (ERE27) this morning and as always, modaco is first place i learnt to look for the update files.

However, I wiped my phone before flashing the main update as i thought a clean install would avoid any possible problems some others on this forum had encountered.

Unfortunately, when i proceeded to flash the main update (update-nexusone-ERE27-signed.zip), i got an error when writing boot:

Writing Boot...

E:No Space left on device

E:Error writing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 69:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

The phone reboot ok and i got MT in gallery and browser, "About" says build is ERE27. However im still concern something is wrong underneath

need help, thanks!

[EDIT] i reflashed the old stock ERD79 and then tried to flash ERE27 on top of that without wipe. Still got no space error. what is going on....

I am getting the exact same errors as you buddy...

Guest PhonePersona
So I flashed CM5-beta4 + theme with baked rom from here including Superoot option. Everything seems to work, but I dont have any of the CM5 root apps like Terminal. Also Nexus torch works, but Titanium backup doesnt work saying it can't access root.

What theme are you referring to, sir?

Guest superwario

so after i download the insecure rom img file, am i supposed to add it to the SD card's root? then get into bootloader mode and it should pop up? im confused as how to go about the "run fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img" instruction. obviously i am a total newb...

Guest bobtentpeg
so after i download the insecure rom img file, am i supposed to add it to the SD card's root? then get into bootloader mode and it should pop up? im confused as how to go about the "run fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img" instruction. obviously i am a total newb...

You need to use a command line (and assuming fastboot is in your path) you cd in to the directory with the .img file in it and type 'fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img'

I guess you haven't unlocked your phone yet, otherwise you would know about fastboot.

basically fastboot is a desktop program that allows you to manipulate you phone. you need to put you phone in fastboot mode and connect it to your PC, then execute the command "fastboot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img" in Command Prompt (assuming you're running Windows on your PC) to flash the boot sector of your phone with the insecured ERE27 image.

check the pinned post for instruction on "Unlocking your phone". Same principles apply here as well.

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...your-nexus-one/

I am getting the exact same errors as you buddy...

;) Regardless, Im running ERE27 quite smoothly for half a day now with moderate usage. But i really want a 100% correct install...

Paul, could you please share some thoughts if you have time?

Thanks a million.

Guest superwario

so i figured out how to install the insecure boot, then i immediately installed the super boot. then am i supposed to install the main update zip from the recovery screen?

Im so confused as to the order of how things should go.

Guest superwario
so i figured out how to install the insecure boot, then i immediately installed the super boot. then am i supposed to install the main update zip from the recovery screen?

Ok so i used this order:

Insecure boot > superboot > then installed the update zip file through the recovery screen, now my multitouch works!

But now when i go into N1 Torch, it says that my phone is not rooted! did i do this in the wrong order???

Thanks for the great work!

But I can't down the first main update, it's always forwarded to "www.modaco.com"! The other three are Ok.

Edited by Paul

dear paul, starting from a modaco custom rom 1.4 I was able only to make the radio upgrade with your file... when I try to flash all the other options (online kitchen or not) it hangs after few seconds during reboot and I need to go back to previus rom. So I have new radio but with old applications (no multitouch) please help thanks

Guest Peter sf

I think you need to do it exactly in the order Paul provided the downloads - Paul, right? I'm one more Newb here, ;) having managed to root my N1 - but I have no clue what to do with the img's...

Paul, can you be even more specific in your top post?

- this works with anything - rooted, unrooted, whatever?

- My bootloader sayz

****Unlocked ****

Nexus One PVT SHIP S_ON

HBOOT-0.33.0012

Microp-0b15

Touch Panel-synth0103

Radio-4.02.02.14

Dec. 17 2009, 13:05.23

HBOOT

etc...

So I flash the main, then the radio, and what do I do then with the two images? Where do I "RUN" an image? Recovery is RA-nexus-v1.5.3

I want back to complete root as in your ROM with tethering and everything...

Thanks for your help. I'll be glad to upgrade and pay my share, you guys are doing a great job here.

Ok so i used this order:

Insecure boot > superboot > then installed the update zip file through the recovery screen, now my multitouch works!

But now when i go into N1 Torch, it says that my phone is not rooted! did i do this in the wrong order???

Man.... the main update is a stock rom, meaning it is secured and unrooted, by flashing stock last you overwrote the root hack. should be

flash main update>flash insecure boot>boot with superboot once

Good luck~~

I think you need to do it exactly in the order Paul provided the downloads - Paul, right? I'm one more Newb here, ;) having managed to root my N1 - but I have no clue what to do with the img's...

Paul, can you be even more specific in your top post?

- this works with anything - rooted, unrooted, whatever?

- My bootloader sayz

****Unlocked ****

Nexus One PVT SHIP S_ON

HBOOT-0.33.0012

Microp-0b15

Touch Panel-synth0103

Radio-4.02.02.14

Dec. 17 2009, 13:05.23

HBOOT

etc...

So I flash the main, then the radio, and what do I do then with the two images? Where do I "RUN" an image? Recovery is RA-nexus-v1.5.3

I want back to complete root as in your ROM with tethering and everything...

Thanks for your help. I'll be glad to upgrade and pay my share, you guys are doing a great job here.

if you were able to unlock and root your phone before, you should know how to use fastboot on your pc, right?

1. First, flash main update in Recovery mode, and then reboot to make sure the flash is successful.

2. Turn off your phone, press and hold the trackball and power button until your phone boots into fastboot mode, then connect with usb.

3. copy both [boot.ERE27.insecure.img] and [boot.ERE27.superboot.img] to the directory of superboot package (I assume you must have this by now)

4. Assuming you're using Windows, open a command prompt and cd to the above directory

For instance the directory is C:\superboot\,

run following in the command prompt:

C:\superboot>fastboot-windows devices

here should return your serial no. to make sure the desktop is talking to your phone

C:\superboot>fastboot-windows flash boot flash boot boot.ERE27.insecure.img

sending...okay

writing...okay

C:\superboot>fastboot-windows boot boot.ERE27.superboot.img

Hope this helps

Edited by zzzmmm