[ROM] WM 6.5.5 i8000_23529 Lite ROM (Eng) - Timebomb patched

Guest KSTAN

Kstan,

thanks for the new rom, well done.

i am wondering if any way to increase the font size of Start menu?

i am increasing sys font but start menu is not affected?

is there any soft can do it? Or what could be the registry key to do it?

thanks in advance

Hai KSTAN

I tried this new rom based on A5. can you tell me how to remove a horizontal bar on samsung phone dial pad attached screen shot.

Change "cxVScr" value from 15 to 0 in "\HKLM\SYSTEM\GWE\"

Kstan,

thanks for the new rom, well done.

i am wondering if any way to increase the font size of Start menu?

i am increasing sys font but start menu is not affected?

is there any soft can do it? Or what could be the registry key to do it?

thanks in advance

not sure which one, could you post a pic?

im using sonblack's 23518 now with SS dialer fixed and i checked that value and it is set to 9. just thought it might be helpful to u. thank u for ur great ROM.

kstan, does that mean the vertical bar bug is solved?? Or is this a fix with side effects?

think side effects is no vertical scrollbar in certain apps, use finger scrolling.

Thank you Diehard. Solved issue.

But one more finding is the font of the phone log file and history and top of the dial pad is big. How to reduce it.

not sure which one, could you post a pic?

thanks for ur concern ;)

finally after a long search i found the way and post in a separate post to give a chance for whomever is interested

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-cu...5/#entry1180317

in fact, i hope u can take into consideration in ur newer rom. :D

u r doing great jobs, speed and ram and remaining programs thumbs up :(

hey kastan,

I have a problem with the time of my sms.. my device is set as Montreal , canada -5 East.. but when i receive any messages from my buddies in my area, the time i received it shows -10 instead of -5... how can we correct this?

Guest Dreamcloud
try change the "Plugins Order" under "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\CHome",

looks something like this "CMyPhotos;SMusic;Sphone;SClock;SText;CEmail;SCalendar;CWindowsLive;SFavorit

s"

thank kstan for your help ;p

i also facing the same problem same with l4cky... i sent out sms 8.00pm but when my friend reply my sms after 5min and the time receive was 7.55pm..

not really important but hope can fix it ^^

Edited by Dreamcloud

thanks for ur concern ;)

finally after a long search i found the way and post in a separate post to give a chance for whomever is interested

http://www.modaco.com/content/pocket-pc-cu...5/#entry1180317

in fact, i hope u can take into consideration in ur newer rom. :D

u r doing great jobs, speed and ram and remaining programs thumbs up :(

Nice finding pcfrd!

KSTAN, just to quote my previous question.

How do you enable the beep sound when you turn off/on Phone in Wireless Manager?

The beep sound is actually a useful audio cue when the phone is being shut off, so just wondering if it can be restored.

Guest Thunder X

Hi KSTan, fellow bros, newbie here. Just got my Samsung Omnia II i8000 a couple of months back without knowing I can do so much to it till last week after browsing this AWESOME forum (got directed here through a search on the net for threaded sms application)

I've read through most of the old documents over the past few days and decided to register as a member yesterday to post some questions in one of the most active thread here. Hope you guys dont mind.

Well, here's my questions :

(1) Is all the ROM here are for CDMA phones only?

I've seen posts mentioning that CDMA ROM and GSM ROM do not works for one another. However, in the ROM flashing thread, it mentioned in order to flash your ROM, you'll need Octane (or Octane Mini) and a Samsung CDMA modem file.

(2) I remember I read some where that I can just flash the PDA ROM but not the Phone's ROM, so by just flashing the PDA's ROM, does it matter if it's a CDMA ROM or GSM ROM?

As I got my phone from Singapore, I believe my phone device is GSM (my wife is actually a software developer writing codes for hand phones company in US/UK, and she told me this, I'm a civil engineer, lolx). So I was wondering if I could try out the ROMs here with my GSM phone.

Thanks in advance for whoever answering my noobs question with patient here.

*cheers*

Hi KSTan, fellow bros, newbie here. Just got my Samsung Omnia II i8000 a couple of months back without knowing I can do so much to it till last week after browsing this AWESOME forum (got directed here through a search on the net for threaded sms application)

I've read through most of the old documents over the past few days and decided to register as a member yesterday to post some questions in one of the most active thread here. Hope you guys dont mind.

I've seen posts mentioning that CDMA ROM and GSM ROM do not works for one another. However, in the ROM flashing thread, it mentioned in order to flash your ROM, you'll need Octane (or Octane Mini) and a Samsung CDMA modem file.

(2) I remember I read some where that I can just flash the PDA ROM but not the Phone's ROM, so by just flashing the PDA's ROM, does it matter if it's a CDMA ROM or GSM ROM?

As I got my phone from Singapore, I believe my phone device is GSM (my wife is actually a software developer writing codes for hand phones company in US/UK, and she told me this, I'm a civil engineer, lolx). So I was wondering if I could try out the ROMs here with my GSM phone.

*cheers*

yes, if ur phone is bought in singapore. u need to download the Octans Downloader in order to flash your ROM.

Take sme time to go through the stickies and guide before u start any flashing so u know what u are doing and the risks.

Hey KSTAN,

Great ROM.

Quick question.

When I receive a pop-up notification on the lower part of the screen for a new e-mail, voicemail, reminder etc., the icon for dismissing the notification on the bottom bar is not there. There's an icon on the left side to view the specific e-mail, or appointment, etc, but there's no icon on the right side to dismiss. If I touch the right side of the bottom bar where I'm assuming the dismiss icon should be, I can get rid of the notification.

But I'm assuming there should be an icon there. Is that correct?

If so, is there something I can do to get it back?

Thanks.

Guest Thunder X
yes, if ur phone is bought in singapore. u need to download the Octans Downloader in order to flash your ROM.

Take sme time to go through the stickies and guide before u start any flashing so u know what u are doing and the risks.

Hi KS Tan,

Yea, I've went through the guides but I'm still not quite clear...don't mind elaborate more? Can I say that as long as I'm only flashing the PDA, it does not matter whether is a GSM or CDMA phone?

Here are my results:

- Notifications didn't work correctly. After finding some old notifications about "expiration of this version". I completely rebuid the queue with SKTools, it works again.

- How can I resolve this annoying IE error?

Almost no stylus needed anymore with this ROM + the theme "hollblack_theme(W)VGA", thx. ;)

Sorry

can you help me?

Marketplace, dosen't work

It shown "cannot connect the server"

like that

image_thumb7.png

THX A LOT~

Now ok, but why can't ise marketplace region switcher 1.1?

If uses that , the program will quit itself

Guest wish master

*cheers*

Answer -

1) For GSM phone

2) Can flash phone and csc as well BUT DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I'm using Omnia II from Singapore, GSM phone as well. Flashed this monring and now is up n run very well. Thanks to KS Tan for his effort and knowledge. ;)

CDMA Driver installation is part of procedure. After installation of CDMA driver - you may able to see samsung MIT USB driver in your computer device manager under mobile/portalbe device (need to update driver for xp 32/64 if you use win 7)

Follow the instruction exactly - http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...g-rom-on-i8000/

you will be fine. If still not clear - PM me. I'll let you know detailed walk through

Edited by wish master