Here is how to set up GPS setting for Making using in-built GPS

1. Configuring PDA

- Setting --->System---> GPS

- Programs : COM2

- Hardware : COM9 baudrate : 9600

- Access : tick check box

2. Download and install port splitter.

Configuring port splitter :

- into the section Input : COM2(if not in drop down list - type manually), set baudrate : 9600

- into the section Output : choose COM6 (if not in drop down list - type manually)

- start splitter

3. download GPS XRTA and copy to PDA, open it in PDA (my storage/storage card) {{ ONLY AFTER synchronized with PC with internet connection if you don't have GRPS dataplan subscribed)}}

- Extra - choose enable

- Auto download - tick all options

- SNTP server - choose enable

- then press XTRA data Download

- make sure download updated. After updated you will be able to see valid time 6 days 23 hours

- Recommend to update once a week.

4. Go under the clear sky, Open Mapking

- Tools --> GPS setting, chooose auto detect/ by user com6, press OK

- Press GPS icon at lower task bar area of mapking

- For first time set up - Need to wait for 5-15 mins till you hear "GPS is now functioning" , following log in will be almost instant

- Enjoy using Mapking with built in GPS

P.S - recommend to off stop port splitter when you are not using Mapking as it will drain battery faster.

GPS_XTRA.exe

PortSplitter.CAB

Edited by wish master

Guest Pavel.cz

Is there any way how I can change default language? When I flash .en0 file the language is set to English.

I can switch the language in WM system but it requires HW reset which will lead to the old ROM.

Any idea?

Please help

Guest sgmem88

Thanks for the ROM.

Just some feedbacks.

1. When receiving SMS, the screen remain in sleep mode though I can hear alert tone. No such problem when receiving incoming call

2. After sending out SMS from Contacts/Phonebook, the screen becomes black-out. I figure out the phone is still working as I can press hang-up button to go back Today screen. When I use Task Manager to switch back, the screen remain blank. No problem if I use Message for SMS.

Guest NewForce

Hi KSTAN,

For unknown reason, my WidgetPlus (on this thread) that I'd packed could not run normally on your latest 23529 rom.

When activated WidgetPlus on Items on Today setting, and then go back to Today, WidgetPlus has tried to run for once but then it disappear from Today screen.

Fyi, my WidgetPlus installation pack does run normally on your the other kstan-lite-23518-ja5 020210 rom.

Looking into the files in "Device\Windows\Flashlite folder", I can tell your 23529 rom has the same flashlite version like the one in secany official JA5 rom.

So it shouldn't be Flashlite software problem. Do you have any idea why the strange behavior of my WidgetPlus installation packed?

Guest milootoo
I am now on the latest version of this ROM, and unable to compose MMS messages. It does not work from the photo app (Send via Messaging), nor from the messaging app (New MMS). Does anyone else experience this, and if so - do you have a resolution?

dagb

Hi there.. FYI, my Ori (prev ROm was IJ9). After flashing latest ROM, I encounter the same problem (unable to compose/receive MMS). Does the new ROM disable MMS features?

Hi KSTAN,

For unknown reason, my WidgetPlus (on this thread) that I'd packed could not run normally on your latest 23529 rom.

When activated WidgetPlus on Items on Today setting, and then go back to Today, WidgetPlus has tried to run for once but then it disappear from Today screen.

Fyi, my WidgetPlus installation pack does run normally on your the other kstan-lite-23518-ja5 020210 rom.

Looking into the files in "Device\Windows\Flashlite folder", I can tell your 23529 rom has the same flashlite version like the one in secany official JA5 rom.

So it shouldn't be Flashlite software problem. Do you have any idea why the strange behavior of my WidgetPlus installation packed?

I have try it, could be due to OS build. I will try to build one with widgetplus and test again, this will take quite some time. ;)

Hi there.. FYI, my Ori (prev ROm was IJ9). After flashing latest ROM, I encounter the same problem (unable to compose/receive MMS). Does the new ROM disable MMS features?

Sorry dude, i don't use MMS so can't advise on this. But i did send one a couple of weeks back, there shouldn't be any issue.

Think u need to change DLL value from htmlnote.dll to mms.dll in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\

Sorry dude, i don't use MMS so can't advise on this. But i did send one a couple of weeks back, there shouldn't be any issue.

Think u need to change DLL value from htmlnote.dll to mms.dll in HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\Note\

Same problem here... I tried kstans registry change but it didn't work. With mms.dll set it's not possible to compose a new message inside a pop3 email account.

;)

Guest milootoo
Same problem here... I tried kstans registry change but it didn't work. With mms.dll set it's not possible to compose a new message inside a pop3 email account.

;)

I've try the same way proposed by KSTAN too.. Unfortunately yet it doesnt works.. How i wish it would be fix in the next ROM release or any cab to fixed the issue. Anyway, thanks in advance to KSTAN.. :D

Guys,

I've been very happy with kstans ultra lite ROM but I few things have been annoying me:

1. Can't install SmartMemo. I tried both kstan and newforce options.... (kstan's doesn't install at all and newforce's installs but gives a untrusted certificate or missing file error)

2. Can't find a way to configure my MMS settings. Has anyone out there tried on kstan's UL ROM?

3. Smart Reader cab installs but it seems it doesn't recognize cards and complains about a missing powerdic on translation mode.

4. Have been wondering to flash the JA5 eboot part to get the extra 10M ram some people claim... has anyone tried yest?

5. The best 6.5.x theme I found so far is m.carrolls but I've looking for a theme that matches the beautiful blue/orange from Samsung Apps. On at least a theme with black backgrounds. Any suggestions?

6. (Not related to ROM but...) Swype doesn't have a portuguese dictionary :D

Any comments would be very helpful...

Edited by c3p9

Thank you KSTAN!

6.5.5 is so much better than 6.5.3 (improved Outlook!), keep up the good work please!

There is a new OEM build and new 6.5.5 already available...

Guest Carlos Sun

Are there any bugs in the Touch Alert Setting? I ask this because after i set the "Tap Event" and "Sound + Vibration", the device dosen't vibrate when I tap!

I never encounter this problem with K's Rom or Official ROM! Are there any solution to this problem?

hi, KSTAN, im testing your rom for some time now, everything is working great and i love wm6.5.x but there is still there same annoying problem, memory leak, is there any way to reduce this? i got installed SPB MS3.3 + Espresso theme, and have about ~42MB of free RAM after caching all the stuff by gwes.exe and its ok, i can live with that, but after 3days use its reduces to 30mb and i need to soft reset.

@c3p9, i got JA5 eboot from previous flashing and have 144MB total ram, i think thats as far as u can get :D but theres a good news, dude named pako777 is messing with PagePool, and if his promisses will fullfill we will get 160MB ram :D

hi, KSTAN, im testing your rom for some time now, everything is working great and i love wm6.5.x but there is still there same annoying problem, memory leak, is there any way to reduce this? i got installed SPB MS3.3 + Espresso theme, and have about ~42MB of free RAM after caching all the stuff by gwes.exe and its ok, i can live with that, but after 3days use its reduces to 30mb and i need to soft reset.

@c3p9, i got JA5 eboot from previous flashing and have 144MB total ram, i think thats as far as u can get :D but theres a good news, dude named pako777 is messing with PagePool, and if his promisses will fullfill we will get 160MB ram :D

Sesser,

1) Have you consider that the problem might be withing SPB MS? Also, what I do is set SPB Backup to run a full backup + soft reset. This way I have a fresh device in the morning :lol:

2) I'm afraid of messing arround with eboot and CSC different than the PDA version. Is this ok?

3) Do you own a I8000 or I8000L? I have the "L" and that's something thar scares me sometimes....

Edited by c3p9

Guest NewForce
I have try it, could be due to OS build. I will try to build one with widgetplus and test again, this will take quite some time. :D

KSTAN,

Thanks for your prompt reply and sorry I'm that I didn't notice it much earlier.

I had solved the problem of my WidgetPlus on 02/10 after spending some time doing hard reset and then installing it again. It appear that I had packed one of the WidgetPlus file "opera-armv4i-widget.dll" which I'd thought it was for Opera app into my another Opera 9.5 installation pack. So in actually, my old WidgetPlus pack having the same problem on all Lite rom.

I had corrected the problem and re-uploaded new WidgetPlus installation pack to my thread. It is now working on all Lite rom. :D

@c3p9,

1. i guess that is kind of a solution, but tell me, what about entering PIN at startup ?

2-3. as u could notice, or not, almost everyone on this forum have different combinations of PDA/CSC/eboot, before KSTAN lite rom, i had full JA5, didnt change anything, just flashed KSTAN nb0, and that it. People from my local forum have mixed IH5 PDA (wm6.1) and JA5 or 3 CSC and eBoot(wm6.5), so i think that doesnt really matter that much, at least for i8000, i really dont know if there will be any difference when using i8000L, sorry mate

edit: u could try to flash a full JA5 with evething (eboot,pda,csc) and thene just flash the KSTAN, that work for me

Edited by sesser

@c3p9,

1. i guess that is kind of a solution, but tell me, what about entering PIN at startup ?

2-3. as u could notice, or not, almost everyone on this forum have different combinations of PDA/CSC/eboot, before KSTAN lite rom, i had full JA5, didnt change anything, just flashed KSTAN nb0, and that it. People from my local forum have mixed IH5 PDA (wm6.1) and JA5 or 3 CSC and eBoot(wm6.5), so i think that doesnt really matter that much, at least for i8000, i really dont know if there will be any difference when using i8000L, sorry mate

edit: u could try to flash a full JA5 with evething (eboot,pda,csc) and thene just flash the KSTAN, that work for me

1. Well... I just have my PIN number disabled by default. I installed Remote Tracker and would just wipe off the whole device in case I lose my O2. But otherwise you just have to type it in during the morning. I truly believe it's worth. I have backup sets for three days and this precaution has saved me many times from stupid ActiveSync and other buggy sw.

2. I'm still concerned about the I8000"L" thing. Will study a bit more. In any case I'm still not missing the 10Mb RAM. Will learn a bit more about the device first.

maybe not as mentioned in XDA, seems like nothing has changed from 23529->23530->23534. Only build no changed.

]

sorry for asking u a question?

do you know how to cook a Japanese language os rom? for build 23529?