• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

HTC bravo and Sony Ericsson X10 to Launch in March

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The HTC bravo and the Sony Ericsson X10 are to launch in the UK during March on T-Mobile.

Both handsets are being touted as heading for a March release on T-Mobile according to several sites.

The Bravo is basically a Nexus one with an optical joystick instead of the trackball and has physical buttons rather than the Nexus ones soft keys. It will also pack the HTC Sense UI that we all know (and love), it should also come with Android 2.1.

Best of all, it is rumoured to be free on a £35 a month contract.

The Sony Ericsson X10 is also rumoured to be officially available during March, again on T-Mobile ( hopefully on a similar contract for free)

This powerhouse of a phone could well become the highest specified Android phone available, running the same 1gh Snapdragon Cpu but with an 8mp camera and 4" screen.

se-xperia-x10.jpg

( With thanks to Android release and htcsource )

Posted · Report post

Woo, contract goes up for renewal on Feb 24th :) I'm already with T-Mobile

Posted · Report post

Woo, contract goes up for renewal on Feb 24th :) I'm already with T-Mobile

Me too but I have some concerns about the X10 like it has a customised version of Android so buyers may have problems with over air updates to Android will be a bit like the days of operator butchered Symbian devices

Posted · Report post

Me too but I have some concerns about the X10 like it has a customised version of Android so buyers may have problems with over air updates to Android will be a bit like the days of operator butchered Symbian devices

I have concerns about the X10's ruggedness. The HTC Desire looks like its going to be huge and a real breakout device.

Gavin

Posted · Report post

The HTC bravo and the Sony Ericsson X10 are to launch in the UK during March on T-Mobile.

Both handsets are being touted as heading for a March release on T-Mobile according to several sites.

The Bravo is basically a Nexus one with an optical joystick instead of the trackball and has physical buttons rather than the Nexus ones soft keys. It will also pack the HTC Sense UI that we all know (and love), it should also come with Android 2.1.

Best of all, it is rumoured to be free on a £35 a month contract.

The Sony Ericsson X10 is also rumoured to be officially available during March, again on T-Mobile ( hopefully on a similar contract for free)

This powerhouse of a phone could well become the highest specified Android phone available, running the same 1gh Snapdragon Cpu but with an 8mp camera and 4" screen.

se-xperia-x10.jpg

( With thanks to Android release and htcsource )

The future is looking good

OK when will Sony update the X10 to 2.1, that processor is going to waste with Android 1.5(1.6?)

Posted · Report post

The future is looking good

OK when will Sony update the X10 to 2.1, that processor is going to waste with Android 1.5(1.6?)

The talk is they will release it and quite quickly update it to 2.1.

Personally I think they will take quite a bit of time updating, same issue as the HTC Hero and it's sense UI slowing down the updates.

Posted · Report post

Personally I think they will take quite a bit of time updating, same issue as the HTC Hero and it's sense UI slowing down the updates.

I have a problem actuary believing anything Sony Ericsson tell their clients nowadays, Their ability to develop software that works efficiently is seemingly non existent any longer.

Posted · Report post

It seems if any manufacturer who puts their own customisation on a phone this leads to problems updating when Google release a new version of Android, I can imagine Sony were trying their best to get the phone to do half the things it had included it their video only to have to start again with 2.1.

I'll take a rain check, when it's released, then I will consider it

Posted · Report post

Woo, contract goes up for renewal on Feb 24th ;) I'm already with T-Mobile

good to read that

what type of this contract is

MoDaCo is part of the MoDaCo.network, © Paul O'Brien 2002-2015. MoDaCo uses IntelliTxt technology.