DskDump 2.0

Guest sorg

Here is updated version of dskdump which automatically detects card name.

Usage is the same as before.

Make sure you have inserted SD card and it has enough free space (500mb should be enough). Run this utility and wait around 1-2 minutes and it will notify you by message box at the end of process.

Dump of ROM will be saved to file "rom_dump.bin" on SD card.

This utility should work not only on i8000, but on many other WM phones.

dskdump.exe

That would be a good idea if there's no Storage Card present.

BTW, my thanks for this great app!

Yep, that's the thing, don't own a micro sd card.

Not sure you need this information, but "Internal Storage" in german language is called "Interner Speicher".

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Crash Monkey

Hi guys, I'm a noobie when it comes to this windows mobile thing. I just picked up a Samsung i8000 and I thank all of you who have taken the time and posted all this useful information for guys like me. I plan on spending a lot of spare time on here learning how to maximize the use of my new phone and hopefully I will eventually be competent enough to contribute a thing or two. Right now I'm loving this phone and I'm somewhat happy that I picked this up instead if the iphone. Once again thank you for sharing all your knowledge with use new guys!

Now for my question. I've dumped my rom onto my card, in the event that I need to reinstall it onto my phone, how would I go about doing this?

I apologize beforehand if this is a basic procedure that has been answered x number of times before, but this is all new to me. If it has been answered could you kindly point me in the right direction. Many thanks.

Oh, and do I need to keep the rom dump program installed on my phone or could this be removed?

Edited by Crash Monkey

• 3 weeks later...
Guest azza6

Hi Sorg,

I've seen some of the amazing things you've done here and would just like to say Kudos to you.

Would it be a lot to ask if you could rewrite this for those that want to dump to "My Storage" rather than an SD card?

Thanks if you can :(

Guest aafi-rocks

Hi,

how can we flash back using the rom_dump.bin..

I am about to flash my Omnia i8000.. and being a first time flasher.. I am eager to know how to restore back to my Original Rom(obviously from the Dump file created from this wonderfull program)..

Plz reply soon.. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest kromo
Hi,

I am about to flash my Omnia i8000.. and being a first time flasher.. I am eager to know how to restore back to my Original Rom(obviously from the Dump file created from this wonderfull program)..

Plz reply soon.. :)

and ..this file don't work on none english system. he don't recognize my card because the name is not storage card is a minha memoria is in portugues. ;)

Guest kromo
Hi,

Plz reply soon.. :)

maybe this question in another forum can help you

Hi all,

I need help extracting apps from Omnia i8000 original Rom (Dump ROM)..

I am about to flash with WinMo 6.5.3, but I need some of Samsung apps and games from my original ROM

Below are my finding till now.. please let me know if there is something else I need to do to extract apps from Rom.

Steps:

1. Dump ROM using Sorg Utility (dskdump.exe)

2. Rename the rom_dump.bin to PDA.nb or I can use 02Util to convert it to .nb

in the link of O2Util

1) Turn a binary dump (the 'pda_dump.bin' that generates Sorg' utility), into a flashable NB0 ROM.

For cookers, it also serves to pack a 'pda.os.nb' file (the one you cooked with osnbtool.exe, etc), into a flashable NB0 ROM.

-nb0pack <rom_name> <os.nb_filename,pda_dump.bin etc> [ <nb0_destination_file ]

The tool deals with checksum, file size adjustment, and creates the proper header, labeling your rom <rom_name>.

Edited by kromo

Guest itb44
Here is updated version of dskdump which automatically detects card name.

. . .

This utility should work not only on i8000, but on many other WM phones.

Thanks sorg!

This did work on Omnia i910. The rom_dump.bin is 145M vs. the img at 151M. What accounts for the difference, and can the dump be reflashed back to the device?

This did not work on Saga i770. "Error reading disk!" and rom_dump.bin of only 5.75M. Think it might still be adaptable?