Bricked Samsung Omnia i910... (UPDATED 3/14/2010)

Guest 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny
As far as I know, JTAG only ever worked on the i900. Maybe try to see if you can get an i900 driver to load and recognize your phone and then see if JTAG will do anything for you.

Not necessarily; the Omnia Repair Tool Program's application has a button for "repair i900" and "repair i910", even though the old ones don't.

Anything new here in the community?

Would anyone perhaps want to buy it?

- 2 Bunny

Edited by 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny
by any means don't give up. you are on the right path.

Oh yes, I know. It is just a matter of getting the program to work with the drivers, and that comes to a point where doing more than just simple stuff will work, I believe. I think this would mean modifying the program/driver in some way to make it work - something I am completely unable to do on my own without the aid of someone from the community.

Thanks for your support though, and let anyone who has experience with this know about this thread because I am fairly confident that this is a groundbreaking development if this can be made to work. :(

- 2 Bunny

Guest wingnut_2u
Oh yes, I know. It is just a matter of getting the program to work with the drivers, and that comes to a point where doing more than just simple stuff will work, I believe. I think this would mean modifying the program/driver in some way to make it work - something I am completely unable to do on my own without the aid of someone from the community.

Thanks for your support though, and let anyone who has experience with this know about this thread because I am fairly confident that this is a groundbreaking development if this can be made to work. :(

- 2 Bunny

the thing is the hardware alone will cost you about $450.00 usd (this you probably found out) and you still have to get your hands on the boot 0-9 code to program the bootloader. Unless you have a device repair shop that you can charge for the repairs it's not worth it.

You can pick up a fairly new omnia sch-i910 on craigs list from free to $150.00. I got one for my wife for 25 and programed it for cricket and paid the 15 transfer fee.

I myself have bricked on omnia with the first firmware that was leaked trying to fix the gps. Sad to say it had the red lite of death.

I give you applause for your efforts. If you can find enough people to trust you with their dead omnias to fix that would offset the cost of your flash equipment it would be worth it for sure.

remember knowledge is power NEVER stop learning!

peace :(

Edited by wingnut_2u

Guest 2 Bunny
the thing is the hardware alone will cost you about $450.00 usd (this you probably found out) and you still have to get your hands on the boot 0-9 code to program the bootloader. Unless you have a device repair shop that you can charge for the repairs it's not worth it.

You can pick up a fairly new omnia sch-i910 on craigs list from free to $150.00. I got one for my wife for 25 and programed it for cricket and paid the 15 transfer fee.

I myself have bricked on omnia with the first firmware that was leaked trying to fix the gps. Sad to say it had the red lite of death.

I give you applause for your efforts. If you can find enough people to trust you with their dead omnias to fix that would offset the cost of your flash equipment it would be worth it for sure.

remember knowledge is power NEVER stop learning!

peace :(

I already have a cheap alternative to the 300 dollar repair tool hardware.

Perhaps someone would be willing to repair it as a service.

- 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny
Hey 2 Bunny,

I don't remember reading through your saga if you had tried this, but I found this in the i900 thread.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?sho...t&p=1140211

Read the whole thread and try the solution from BottleNeck in post #9, It seemed to work for systurmack...

Sorry guys, you're about two months late on those replies. I need info for a JTAG repair. The device is bricked.

- 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny
It might not have worked for Bunny but I owe you one kdkinc!

Haha! Glad my thread here helped someone at least. <_<

As for the JTAG issue, the community has been a bit quiet lately. Any new findings?

- 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny

So, anything new in the community on JTAG Repairs for this music player?

Got a thread going in the usb jtag community forums, and this one guy may be able to help.

- 2 Bunny

Guest belly007

Hey 2 Bunny,

Pretty sure ive gone and done the exact same thing as you, like a fool I wasnt happy with the interface of my i910 so I flashed it and now its F**Ked

browsed endless forums and threads for answers, teh screen is blank and the red power light is the only thing that works! (really wish I could detect it via USB or find some installer software to chuck on a SD card which will restore the phone to its original settings)

Have you had any luck yet?

Im currently in Vancouver and looking for some super geek to fix it!

Guest gman34

i just stumbled on this thread,

JTAG is something that's been done to many phones, qualcomm is popular in that aspect.

I haven't read the whole thread just glanced,

have you tried looking at the service manual?

its posted here at modaco.

Before you try anything, try clearing the eprom, i haven't opened my omnia, nor do i intend too, but if you just disconnect all power sources and then reset it, and then powering on, it has a chance that it will work, because a file or executable might be stuck in the eprom and preventing it from starting.

I'll catch up on what you've done so sorry if this has all been done.

All the best

Guest 2 Bunny
Hey 2 Bunny,

Pretty sure ive gone and done the exact same thing as you, like a fool I wasnt happy with the interface of my i910 so I flashed it and now its F**Ked

browsed endless forums and threads for answers, teh screen is blank and the red power light is the only thing that works! (really wish I could detect it via USB or find some installer software to chuck on a SD card which will restore the phone to its original settings)

Have you had any luck yet?

Im currently in Vancouver and looking for some super geek to fix it!

You need more than that, you need a JTAG repair. If when you turn it on the red light comes on and stays on, then you indeed need a JTAG repair. If you just get stuck at an omnia logo - DON'T MAKE THE SAME STUPID MISTAKE I DID!

i just stumbled on this thread,

JTAG is something that's been done to many phones, qualcomm is popular in that aspect.

I haven't read the whole thread just glanced,

have you tried looking at the service manual?

its posted here at modaco.

Before you try anything, try clearing the eprom, i haven't opened my omnia, nor do i intend too, but if you just disconnect all power sources and then reset it, and then powering on, it has a chance that it will work, because a file or executable might be stuck in the eprom and preventing it from starting.

I'll catch up on what you've done so sorry if this has all been done.

All the best

No, its been off for quite a while. And the bootloader is totally broke, but no dice.

Any new suggestions here in the community?

- 2 Bunny

• 2 weeks later...
Guest eyec0n
I had cf03 prior to my series of failed flashes, and I cannot install it now with the samsung installer because it needs activesync and crap.

- 2 Bunny

In order to get the verizon CF03 firmware update to work on Win7 you have to go into compatibility mode and change it to Vista SP2. Its thinking that your using XP for some reason which is why it wants Active-sync. Change the compatibility to Vista and it will recognize WMDC

Guest gman34
You need more than that, you need a JTAG repair. If when you turn it on the red light comes on and stays on, then you indeed need a JTAG repair. If you just get stuck at an omnia logo - DON'T MAKE THE SAME STUPID MISTAKE I DID!

No, its been off for quite a while. And the bootloader is totally broke, but no dice.

Any new suggestions here in the community?

- 2 Bunny

what about a new motherboard? since its a bootloader issue. or just purchase a parts phone with like a broken lcd and just combine what you have to it and fix it.

its better than jtaging for sure and bricked i910's are going for cheap.

Guest 2 Bunny
In order to get the verizon CF03 firmware update to work on Win7 you have to go into compatibility mode and change it to Vista SP2. Its thinking that your using XP for some reason which is why it wants Active-sync. Change the compatibility to Vista and it will recognize WMDC

Don't mean to make you feel late or anything, but that reply, which only would have applied about two months ago was not the problem anyway.

what about a new motherboard? since its a bootloader issue. or just purchase a parts phone with like a broken lcd and just combine what you have to it and fix it.

its better than jtaging for sure and bricked i910's are going for cheap.

You know what, that is not a half bad deal. I'll look for some of those. If you see any, or any price ranges let me know. I'll be scouting eBay as well.

If anyone else has an omnia with a broken screen, I may in fact be willing to buy it, so this is your opprotunity, people of the community!

- 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny

Any updates? The community has been a little bit quiet lately, LOL! I could rarely find any broken screen omnias on eBay. Is this odd??

- 2 Bunny

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nriverag
How much is the cost, and how much is shipping?

- 2 Bunny

Hello

1 Euro = 1.3323 U.S. dollars

30 euros = $ 40 dollars

Shipping you must consult Fedex or another one

Nelson

Guest 2 Bunny
Hello

1 Euro = 1.3323 U.S. dollars

30 euros = $ 40 dollars

Shipping you must consult Fedex or another one

Nelson

And he is still offering the service? Does he do it for the Samsung Omnia i910 as well? How would I go about contacting him?

Sorry for all these questions (LOL!), I'm a bit eager to get this fixed and sold before the value drops to zero.

- 2 Bunny

Guest kdkinc

I realize this is cruel & heartless BUT

If I send you a shovel would you PLEASE bury this i910 and put it out of its misery

Please for the love of God bury it,please... :huh:

:P :blink:

Guest gman34

dude, rather learn how to jtag or throw it out. btw 30 euros = over 50 dollars.

plus shipping and handling your looking at least 75.

Just buy another omnia! they go for cheap now!

or send it to samsung service center! i'm sure it would be cheaper than sending it internationally!