[ROM] WM 6.5.3 i8000 ROM with BT voice dialing (Thai/Eng version)

Guest Khuanchai

Guest micshang

Hi, to those whose using Chome Editor, does it works in this new ROM? For me, it doesn't seems to work... By the way, how to enable the threaded sms?

Edited by micshang

Guest Snowman119

Flash new ROM today, thanks Khuanchai~~~~ :)

But I found that it hang every time after I open the e-mail Outlook, the interface can move, but cannot use.

I can only power off & on to reset.

Any other peoples have the same problem? If no, I will try to hard reset.

Guest imstillspinning

excellent rom!

thanks KC!

I found that after i installed Chome editor and any panel, i.e. Chome editor and say, Cfacebook- I'm unable to access my home screen- i can only access the start menu page.

Clicking on the home icon hangs the phone. at this stage, even uninstalling Chome and the panel doesn't help- only a hard reset will allow me to access the home screen again.

anyone else with this issue?

Guest mrlovepeace2009
Just flashed to the latest version, done a hard reset and have experienced a couple of problems:

When trying to do a hard reset via memory settings, after entering 1234 yes wasn't displayed so had to use hard keys.

On Samsung Today, the shortcuts don't have the blank icon with the plus sign. Pressing still allows programs to be assigned.

The buttons at the bottom e.g. Edit and Phonebook on SS today only show text, not the button surround.

Also, returning to SS today after some applications leaves part of the application display just below the status bar, see screenshot.

Anyone else experienced this?

Yes i am also facing similar issue as shown pic.

Also under power settings i cannnot change it to high or low .its fixed to auto mode.

Rest so far so good . If in future i come across any other issues i will inform.THank you DR KC

Guest corny2007
excellent rom!

thanks KC!

I found that after i installed Chome editor and any panel, i.e. Chome editor and say, Cfacebook- I'm unable to access my home screen- i can only access the start menu page.

Clicking on the home icon hangs the phone. at this stage, even uninstalling Chome and the panel doesn't help- only a hard reset will allow me to access the home screen again.

Yep, CHome Editor does not seem to work at all here either!

Guest contable

@Dr. Khuanchai: Thanks again for your great work ! The 29 Jan rom is the best so far.

I can confirm that the Samsung apps are cooked in (TCalendar, SMS-MMS, Phonebook and RSS Reader). All files are present in the windows folder.

You don´t have to install them by cab.

The only issue I found so far is that the Samsung Today doesn´t fit with the screen. This is because the cooked in version is designed for 6.5.1 roms not for 6.5.3 or 6.5.5 roms (with new UI).

Anyway I prefer using Titanium with my own JMLToday WM7 skin/mod.

I will report later if the CHome Editor is working or not (First I have to make a backup).

Cheers,

contable

Guest contable

I forgot to report that I also got the 5MB extra ram after flashing.

I flashed eboot, csc and phone part from secany´s latest release together with KC´s PDA part (using latest OCTANS Downloader 2.13), but I think for getting the extra ram you only have to flash the IA5 eboot together with the PDA part.

Can anybody confirm that the extra ram is the result of reducing the pagepool size ?

Greetz

contable

Guest sys_error
Hi, to those whose using Chome Editor, does it works in this new ROM? For me, it doesn't seems to work... By the way, how to enable the threaded sms?

It doesnt work... in order for it to work, just install the Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB from post #2.

To enable threaded SMS...

HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\MsgTypes\IPM\SMStext\DLL

change the value from mms.dll to htmlnote.dll

HKCU\Sofware\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings\OEM\SMSInboxThreadingDisabled

change the value from 1 to 0

Wait 30secs then soft reset

**MMS will not work**

Edited by sys_error

Guest micshang
excellent rom!

thanks KC!

yes, me also have this issue... Did a lot of hardresets :)

Guest micshang
It doesnt work... in order for it to work, just install the Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB from post #2.

It's already using Samsung threaded SMS.

Thanks for the help.

I'm sorry, but i dun see any Samsung threaded SMS. I flashed my Omnia 2 with,

Eboot_I8000NXXJA5_HW_40.ebo(from Secany),

I8000KC230905A_Lite.nbo(from KC),

CSC_I8000XSOJA5.CSC,

Phone_I8000XXJA3.bin(from Secany)

Did i flash with any wrong files? If so, pls point out to me where and what did i do wrong...

Many thanks :)

Guest micshang

Many thanks to u. I've got my threaded sms liao :)

1 more question(pls forgive me as i'm still a newbie), i've installed, Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB into My Storage. How do i use or activate it? Can't find find it anywhere in the phone, except in Remove programs.

Thanks in advance...

Guest sys_error
Many thanks to u. I've got my threaded sms liao :)

1 more question(pls forgive me as i'm still a newbie), i've installed, Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB into My Storage. How do i use or activate it? Can't find find it anywhere in the phone, except in Remove programs.

Thanks in advance...

I made a mistake there... B)

You may have to hard reset to start from fresh.

You got to 1st install Omnia_II_Neo_Titanium.CAB into "Device", restart when prompted... then install Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB into "Device" & restart when prompted. You also need CHome Editor to be installed into "Device" in order to add/remove panels.

Good luck. :D

Guest imstillspinning
I forgot to report that I also got the 5MB extra ram after flashing.

I flashed eboot, csc and phone part from secany´s latest release together with KC´s PDA part (using latest OCTANS Downloader 2.13), but I think for getting the extra ram you only have to flash the IA5 eboot together with the PDA part.

Can anybody confirm that the extra ram is the result of reducing the pagepool size ?

Greetz

contable

can i find out from you, where

did you get the eboot from? been searching for it-the only one i found was secany's eboot+pda download.

appreciate any info. :)

edit-

found. it was right there, staring me in the face! i swear never to flash my phone at 4 in the morning again.

Edited by imstillspinning

Guest eiat331
K.KC, almost things in you lite A5 r :D om are great, :) B)

only the calling screen that it is over the screen, so the scroll bar appears up, do you you have any trick for me to make it fit.

anyone fixs this???

Guest micshang
I made a mistake there... :)

You may have to hard reset to start from fresh.

You got to 1st install Omnia_II_Neo_Titanium.CAB into "Device", restart when prompted... then install Titanium_Default_Restore_v2.2.CAB into "Device" & restart when prompted. You also need CHome Editor to be installed into "Device" in order to add/remove panels.

Good luck. B)

Thank you for your help. It's ok, i dun mind to hard reset to get the settings that i want. But may i know where can i get, Omnia_II_Neo_Titanium.CAB? Many thanks in advance...

Guest eiat331
use advance config and disable the scroll bars.

thanks for your reply , but where is the advance config state on? or you mean use reg edit then which address should i mod it. thanks in advance

Guest sys_error
Thank you for your help. It's ok, i dun mind to hard reset to get the settings that i want. But may i know where can i get, Omnia_II_Neo_Titanium.CAB? Many thanks in advance...

Post #2 of this thread.

Guest eiat331
thanks for your reply , but where is the advance config state on? or you mean use reg edit then which address should i mod it. thanks in advance

oh you mean advance config tool, .... I got it, thanks

Guest micshang
Post #2 of this thread.

Sorry. My bad... Thanks again.

Many, many thanks to sys_error. I've managed to get everything working B) W/out have to hard reset at all! :) It's all thanks to your guidance. And of course, oso many, many thanks to KC for cooking up such a wonderful ROM. Thank u again and looking forward to KC's future ROM.

Edited by micshang

Thx

Just updated.

Found a problem.

It can't use market place with any version's cab. (Cannot connect to server both 3g / wifi activesync)

Can you fix it? That is very important.

Other thing is perfect

Guest Snowman119
Thx

Just updated.

Found a problem.

It can't use market place with any version's cab. (Cannot connect to server both 3g / wifi activesync)

Can you fix it? That is very important.

Other thing is perfect

I can use the Market Place which download from Microsoft!