This is garbage!!

Guest nugiene

I've bricked two! yes, two O2's...trying this stupid update. I'm trying it because, i keep getting feedback and echoing in my phone calls...what the hell am i doing wrong?!

I've bricked two! yes, two O2's...trying this stupid update. I'm trying it because, i keep getting feedback and echoing in my phone calls...what the hell am i doing wrong?!

Now that's useful information.

First off: you should at least include some hints on the steps you followed to allow people to help you.

Second: there are several, quite extensive threads here which describe all the steps in great detail. You will find the crowd here most helpful.

Regards,

Chris

I would gladly accept your garbage so I will have two and you NONE!

Mate, for your own sake calm down and let us know how did you do it!?

Guest Titus62

Hi dude... Cool down. :)

First of all, I'm juz a newbie here n I juz bought my first and only WM Omnia2 not even a month ago. By reading and follow-up threads n posts everyday here, let me learn alot of tweaks n applications more about this phone. I even flashed my ROM using OCTANS Mini from IJ9 to IL5 n now with JA1 without failure or anybody helping me out. All you have to do is to read very very carefully and follow step by step. One common issue I notice is, alot of beginners here like to start off with OCTANS Downloader rather than OCTANS Mini. Yes. Both provide flashing capabitily, but OCTANS Downloader are more intensive than OCTANS Mini. Beginners will definately got stuck in some part and certainly cried out for help. My point of view is to recommend all beginners to start off using OCTANS Mini rather than OCTANS Downloader, unless you are pretty confident to use it.

Hope my cent of view will be helpful to you. B)

Regards.

Guest jharbin
u guys didnt get it, he's got a i920 not i8000

I got it, but like others, I'm waiting to find out what he did. I applied the upgrade with no difficulty at all - I just followed the instructions - and that was even before they went back and posted detailed instructions.

Guest nugiene
You are quite talented. Don't touch eboot on your third one.

That's quite humorous. :)

I have an i920, pay attention rude people. First, I followed the instructions to a "T" on the second update, the first brick, not so close...but I learned and had my eyes opened. I'm running Vista Home Premium, downloaded the update twice, just in case it was a corrupted file. I made sure my battery was "Fully charged", and commenced to run the update, everything was backed up and just clicked continue like the screen said, i've updated all my phones...this isn't my first time doing this. I didn't mean the phone was garbage, just a rant, I meant that following instructions and my phone still didn't take the update. During the process my phone wouldn't reboot like it's supposed to do, just click over and over, until something like 3-4 minutes or so later, then reboot...begin the update and just stall at 31%. I've tried the emergency mode to no avail as well. There you go, all the details and explained very calmly for those that are sensitive. B)

I'm going to Verizon now and get it replaced, they are going to look at me funny...

Guest Bern612

question did you have your sd card in it.. I think i was the first one to brick mine. not for sure, and had the same symtoms. the 31% and stuck in emegency mode, tried to reflash and would still get stuck at 31%. Then xp nor vista would reconize it. The only thing i did from first phone to second was took out card and used vista( first time ran under win 7 64 bit) And you said your using vista prem is it 64 bit

Guest jharbin
question did you have your sd card in it.. I think i was the first one to brick mine. not for sure, and had the same symtoms. the 31% and stuck in emegency mode, tried to reflash and would still get stuck at 31%. Then xp nor vista would reconize it. The only thing i did from first phone to second was took out card and used vista( first time ran under win 7 64 bit) And you said your using vista prem is it 64 bit

That's a good question.

I followed the directions and did pull my sd card out, but I wondered why I needed to.

It would be interesting if that is the problem these folks are having.

OP, did you pull your sd card out?

Guest Bern612

original post

link

Guest kawgirlval69

i dont know about you all but soon as the jerk started off with "pay attention rude people" id let him brick another to learn manners...

Edited by kawgirlval69

Guest nugiene

No I didn't take out the sd card...i didn't see that in the instructions?! Thank you, but not sure I'm gonna try it again. I'll call Verizon and see it they will do it. Maybe my eyes weren't open after all...duh. and to some of us who are rude, I apologize for calling you rude...

Guest Bern612

i think he was just frustrated. Trying to unbrick your phone will oiss you off. When i bricked mine i sat there for bout 8 hours trying to unbrick it. And nugiene don't give up. were in the process of doing custon roms for our i920. Thanks to Wozzer and Shemmy and Steel Reign

Guest 2ksilverbullet

Don't bother with the upgrade if you're having echoing issues, that's a network issue, not a phone issue... At least in the research that I've done this appears to be the case.

Guest nugiene
Don't bother with the upgrade if you're having echoing issues, that's a network issue, not a phone issue... At least in the research that I've done this appears to be the case.

Oh...I should now that. Anyhoo, thank you very much for you understanding my friends. I like this phone, with the exception of the screen(!) and Battery life(!!) those make this phone absolutely awesome B) ...I haven't been blown away, i guess it's kind of hard to follow the omnia, that phone rocks(still). only the screen size and res were ok :) , but i have that fixed now and woohoo, thank you wozzer and shemmy and Steel reign and if there's something i can do to help, let me know! I want to start cooking too! I'll donate a few beers as soon as i can.

Edited by nugiene

Guest Titus62
No I didn't take out the sd card...i didn't see that in the instructions?! Thank you, but not sure I'm gonna try it again. I'll call Verizon and see it they will do it. Maybe my eyes weren't open after all...duh. and to some of us who are rude, I apologize for calling you rude...

All this guys here r wonderful people n trying to help us and you as much as possible. But as a thread starter, u shouldn't start it off without any question but instead you subject it as 'This is garbage'! :)

No one knows wat you have done to bricked both of your phones, but then here you describe us as 'rude people'...

Well, as wat I had said in the previous post;

Humans need to be taught to learn, but make sure YOUR EYES ARE KEPT OPENED.

Change your handset to Omnia2 GT-I8000... I'll take u as my student if you wants to... B)

Sorry folks for my bad english...

Edited by Titus62

Guest nugiene
are we done here? it was just his expression nothing more. let's focus on the phones not personality.

Yeah, I think we are done sir... :) . Thank you all for you help. Don't take this so seriously, I do appreciate your help. So, when we go'ne start cookin!

Guest kawgirlval69

just an fyi...youre apologising to people for calling them rude but your still referring to them as rude... thats whats hitting the nerve...lame apology.. sorry but it is... im with titus...people arent getting paid to answer questions here we do it because we like to help and its sorta a hobby and even some peoples day job... not always 100% right but we all try...theres some really damn good people on this board...feel privileged to be among them...... dont act like a wad...be appreciative...

Edited by kawgirlval69

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting, this happened to my first phone (i920) during flashing as well. Used Vista prem 32-bit following Samsung's official PDF and no SD card in unit. Doing some searching on the net shows that even if you follow the detailed instructions from Samsung's PDF, it may still stick the phone @ 31%; http://forums.verizon.com/t5/PDA-Smartphon...125259/page/207. While not technically bricked, you'll have to use Octans (not mini) and Shemmy's help: http://www.modaco.com/content-page/299435/...pdate/page/120/ (3rd post), to get it back to OEM ROM. This happened to my first Omnia II (i920), VZW promptly gave me a replacement. Originally flashed the first unit due to that unit not sending texts if a user leaves my local VZW cell tower. The update fixes issues w/ the Qualcomm radio. VZW's techs are completely unaware of the issue apparently, as they show/feign ignorance when asked about the update and the issues w/ the i920. The failure rate for the Samsung update is so bad, that the company has temporarily removed the update from their site: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/search/s...mp;find_button= (click on "software" at the bottom, and you'll see it's "temporarily unavailable").

So, while OP should have used more tact in posting, let's not be condescending until research is made on this ok? The other posters are right in asking for more details as to how the user bricked phone however. It's the only way the very helpful people here can be of free service (save for a donation or beer).