Problem with my GT-i8000 Omnia 2

Guest Chintu1585

Guest Chintu1585

Dear All,

I recently bought Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia 2. It's a very nice phone.

Ihave installed PC Studio, Activesync everything that came with installation CD.

In PC Studio, there is one icon, Internet Connector, in the toolbox option(first left on bottom side). But this option is always disabled though my mobile is connected. I want to enable it as I want the gprs net connection on my mobile to connect net on my pc. Can anybody explain me how to enable that option?

Pls see the screenshot for better understanding.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8281/62977455.png

Also I have downloaded Asphalt 4 HD and Ferrari GT Evolution games from wvga.pda4you.org. I was thinking that thse games supports motion sensing i mean tilt your mobile to take the turn instead of tapping on screen. But in my phone, these is not happening in either game. Wat to do to enable motion sensing.

I know this phone support motion sensing as i have seen video of asphalt 4 running on omnia 2 with motion sensor.

Edited by Chintu1585

Internet Connection sharing works through USB on your phone , but I didn't get it to work either while using Bluetooth but I'm on Win7. The Samsung PC Studio software (and its drivers) only work on XP and on Vista 32 bit.

As for PC Studio's Internet Connector, I have no clue. What version of New PC Studio are you using?

The games you downloaded are not neccessarily for your device, if you upgrade your phone to a newer ROM you'll get Asphalt 4 HD(G-sensor enabled) by default. As for Ferrari GT Evolution you can buy it for the Omnia 2 at Samsung's application store.

• 5 months later...
Guest raghuk
Dear All,

I recently bought Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia 2. It's a very nice phone.

Ihave installed PC Studio, Activesync everything that came with installation CD.

In PC Studio, there is one icon, Internet Connector, in the toolbox option(first left on bottom side). But this option is always disabled though my mobile is connected. I want to enable it as I want the gprs net connection on my mobile to connect net on my pc. Can anybody explain me how to enable that option?

Pls see the screenshot for better understanding.

http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/8281/62977455.png

Also I have downloaded Asphalt 4 HD and Ferrari GT Evolution games from wvga.pda4you.org. I was thinking that thse games supports motion sensing i mean tilt your mobile to take the turn instead of tapping on screen. But in my phone, these is not happening in either game. Wat to do to enable motion sensing.

I know this phone support motion sensing as i have seen video of asphalt 4 running on omnia 2 with motion sensor.

You can enjoy playing ASPHALT4 using G-Sensor in your Samsung GT-I8000 Omnia 2 (even if it was WM6.1) without upgrading. Asphalt4.exe has been kept hidden within device's windows folder and you can't see it using file manager or other explorers. Install any today screen launcher (ultimate launch or rltoday ). While searching for exe files to be added to today's screen, choose the device's WINDOWS folder.... there you can see ASPHALT4.EXE, .... just click it to add shortcult to today screen. Enjoy. It is working for me (GT-I8000 WM6.1 from India) and I hope it will surely work for you.

Guest pipokiko
Internet Connection sharing works through USB on your phone , but I didn't get it to work either while using Bluetooth but I'm on Win7. The Samsung PC Studio software (and its drivers) only work on XP and on Vista 32 bit.

As for PC Studio's Internet Connector, I have no clue. What version of New PC Studio are you using?

The games you downloaded are not neccessarily for your device, if you upgrade your phone to a newer ROM you'll get Asphalt 4 HD(G-sensor enabled) by default. As for Ferrari GT Evolution you can buy it for the Omnia 2 at Samsung's application store.

hello i want ask you one q?

i have i8000 omnia 2 . i can't connect it 2 my pc . i want you tell me how i do that? in my e-mail

[email protected]

thank you for your time.

Guest darkworldzz

just install activesync from windows mobile webby and connect your phone while truned on.... make sure your rom has active sync installed!! LOL

or you can choose to use mymobiler... google it.. well i think it uses active sync as well.. but try it.. if all else fails do a hard reset, or flash another rom..