23518 Lite ROM

Guest Shemmy

Guest compnird

Thinking of flashing. Just curious if re-loading the Samsung Dialer maps the phone key correctly. I actually like the Sammy Dialer and will add it back in.

Also, did you leave in the default Samsung Lockscene or use the standard WM version? If the latter, do all the buttons lock while the lockscreen is on or can the camera key still unlock it?

Thanks for all your hard work to get this out there! I hope we can build up as many options as the i910 has. :)

Great work. I could use the Swype instructions also!

Thanks!

I do not have a cab for Swype, nor will I make one. What I will do is PM you with information.

Thinking of flashing. Just curious if re-loading the Samsung Dialer maps the phone key correctly. I actually like the Sammy Dialer and will add it back in.

Also, did you leave in the default Samsung Lockscene or use the standard WM version? If the latter, do all the buttons lock while the lockscreen is on or can the camera key still unlock it?

Thanks for all your hard work to get this out there! I hope we can build up as many options as the i910 has. :)

I haven't tried re-loading the Samsung dialer, so I can't give an affirmative answer. I do believe it should resolve the issue. I removed the Samsung lock screen. It's replaced with the WM one. You can have either the WM 6.1 or the WM 6.5 lock - just look at the Smart Lock options. All the buttons are locked with this.

On a side note, I've discovered that when you open Touch Player, it gives a lockscene.exe error - it's a bit of a nuisance, but it doesn't affect the usability of the program. Apparently, Samsung decided to tie the code of Touch Player to their lock screen B)

Guest Omega Ra
I do not have a cab for Swype, nor will I make one. What I will do is PM you with information.

I haven't tried re-loading the Samsung dialer, so I can't give an affirmative answer. I do believe it should resolve the issue. I removed the Samsung lock screen. It's replaced with the WM one. You can have either the WM 6.1 or the WM 6.5 lock - just look at the Smart Lock options. All the buttons are locked with this.

On a side note, I've discovered that when you open Touch Player, it gives a lockscene.exe error - it's a bit of a nuisance, but it doesn't affect the usability of the program. Apparently, Samsung decided to tie the code of Touch Player to their lock screen :)

That is because the lockscreen has controls for touchplayer built in.

Guest das7771

Installed this rom and so it seems to be working well. Will test and report any bugs I might find. One thing I have tried to do is get back the samsung dialer. The only file I can find in the repo is the endabledialerskin.cab and that does not work. Installing it has no effect. The phone button still does not work and the skin is the same. Is this the correct file or is there one I am missing. I really would like to have the dialer back and my button working. Also is there any way I can map the main hardware button (under the word samsung) to open the start menu. I suck a registries so if some one could tell me what to edit I would apreciate it. I am a noob at this kinda stuff. I flash my phones all of the time, but thats about it.

Thanks for your hard work Shemmy!!

Update

The lock screen is really eratic. When the phone wakes up it shows one of the samsung backgrounds for a second then it goes black then it will go to the windows unlock screen. Also while the phone is asleep I can here the lock/unlock noise while the phone is just sitting there unused. It does not do it all of the time but it has happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes.

I will try a hard reset and see if that helps with the lockscreen prob.

Edited by das7771

Installed this rom and so it seems to be working well. Will test and report any bugs I might find. One thing I have tried to do is get back the samsung dialer. The only file I can find in the repo is the endabledialerskin.cab and that does not work. Installing it has no effect. The phone button still does not work and the skin is the same. Is this the correct file or is there one I am missing. I really would like to have the dialer back and my button working.

You may not be able to get the Samsung dailer back while using my ROM. It isn't something I've tried.

Also is there any way I can map the main hardware button (under the word samsung) to open the start menu. I suck a registries so if some one could tell me what to edit I would apreciate it. I am a noob at this kinda stuff. I flash my phones all of the time, but thats about it.

Settings -> Personal -> Buttons will give you the option to set programs for pressing and holding button 1 (the one under "Samsung" on the front of the phone) and button 2 (the "OK" button on the left side).

The lock screen is really eratic. When the phone wakes up it shows one of the samsung backgrounds for a second then it goes black then it will go to the windows unlock screen. Also while the phone is asleep I can here the lock/unlock noise while the phone is just sitting there unused. It does not do it all of the time but it has happened 3 times in the last 10 minutes.

Settings -> System -> Smart Lock will bring you to the lock screen settings.

Guest chesterbro

Im curious, are any of you using Win7 to flash the ROM?

Ive followed the instructions that Shemmy linked us to on procedures for flashing ROM and im having an issue when it says to plug the phone to the computer (phone is initially off) and update the Samsung MITs driver. when i first plug in my turned off phone it tries to install a driver but at some point it says its unable to. and of course when i look at the device manager, there is no Samsung MIT driver for me to update. Is anyone else having this issue?

I successfully flashed my ROM (thanks Shemmy) on my brothers computer but hes using XP SP3 and he doesnt live with me. I want to get it to work on my Win7 so i dont always have to go to my brothers place just to flash the ROM.

Thanks,

ChesterBro

Im curious, are any of you using Win7 to flash the ROM?

Ive followed the instructions that Shemmy linked us to on procedures for flashing ROM and im having an issue when it says to plug the phone to the computer (phone is initially off) and update the Samsung MITs driver. when i first plug in my turned off phone it tries to install a driver but at some point it says its unable to. and of course when i look at the device manager, there is no Samsung MIT driver for me to update. Is anyone else having this issue?

I successfully flashed my ROM (thanks Shemmy) on my brothers computer but hes using XP SP3 and he doesnt live with me. I want to get it to work on my Win7 so i dont always have to go to my brothers place just to flash the ROM.

Thanks,

ChesterBro

I cook and flash with W7

Guest Radioman96p71

I have the same problem, from what i can tell the Omnia II only gives you about 10 seconds to access the USB port on the phone before it kicks into booting up to windows. Im guessing this is like some kind of POST like you would see on a normal PC. The problem i have is that Windows is a little slow on the draw and tries to download its own 12MB driver from Windows Update, well this takes a while and by the time its done, the phone is already booted and Device Installer gives you a "device unplugged" error. I tried to manually force the x64 driver but it still refuses to be recognized. A virtual machine had the same result because Windows 7 has to know how to talk to the phone so that the virtual machine inside it can too. A bit of a catch 22. If anyone knows how to make this happen without referencing the above stated tutorial im all ears, i have had no success.

When booting to Windows 7, press F8 until you get to the boot selection. There should be an option about booting without some sort of driver protection or something like that (sorry, my memory is faulty here). Once you've booted, open the Devices and Printers screen from your Start Menu. Plug in your i920 (powered off). When it shows up, right click it and work through until just before you install the drivers. The phone will have "disconnected" by now, but that isn't an issue. Unplug the phone, then plug it back in, and you should be able to complete the driver install process. This is how I did it with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Guest jpenman

noticed arkswitch doesnt work on spb

EDIT* nevermind reboot solved that..... if anyone hasnt flashed yet do you think you can go in your windows folder and find the .exe for taskswitcher and post it? thanks appreciate it.

Edited by jpenman

I don't know if anyone else is struggling with the Win 7 x64 flash procedure. My issue was getting Octans to recognize. To get it to work I had to uninstall the Samsung driver (remove files when doing so), turn off internet connection, set up Octans, plug phone in, when it's recognized in device manager right click and update driver, point it to the x64 driver posted in the GSM ROM forum. As soon as that installs Octans will allow the ROM download.

I had to turn off the internet connection for two reasons. Windows update would automatically download a driver, and for some reason Device Manager would only let me install my driver when the connection was off. Also make sure Octans is set to run as administrator and in xp sp3 mode (forgot that one the first time).

Flash went fine. Playing with it now. I'll report back with any issues/recommendations. Thanks for posting it.

Jeez, that's a lot of hassle. You can boot Windows to disable signed driver protection. It's one of the F8 boot options. That should fix the Device Manager issue.

Guest chesterbro
When booting to Windows 7, press F8 until you get to the boot selection. There should be an option about booting without some sort of driver protection or something like that (sorry, my memory is faulty here). Once you've booted, open the Devices and Printers screen from your Start Menu. Plug in your i920 (powered off). When it shows up, right click it and work through until just before you install the drivers. The phone will have "disconnected" by now, but that isn't an issue. Unplug the phone, then plug it back in, and you should be able to complete the driver install process. This is how I did it with Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks Shemmy! ill give this a try when i get home.

Jeez, that's a lot of hassle. You can boot Windows to disable signed driver protection. It's one of the F8 boot options. That should fix the Device Manager issue.

Yeah, I did that too, as it was part of the instructions, and it is still required to allow the installation of the new driver. And yes, it was a hassle. But it works consistently now.

Edited by Snow02

Guest maldonj1
random question...should I use the official update before doing this? or can I boot just the phone portion with octans later if I want?

good luck on the official update, its rendered one phone useless and forced me to use this rom otherwise i would have bricked two phones.

Guest maldonj1
I'm running MS 3.5.3 with the HTC Espresso Sense theme on my custom ROM. I even do it with ~60 or so MB of free RAM :)

did you have to do anything special to get it to install? everytime i try it says install unsuccessful

random question...should I use the official update before doing this? or can I boot just the phone portion with octans later if I want?

I do not know. Technically, the official upgrade just touches the phone portion, but I won't make any prmises.

did you have to do anything special to get it to install? everytime i try it says install unsuccessful

Not at all. Maybe try a hard reset (vol up + locl + phone + end)

I do not know. Technically, the official upgrade just touches the phone portion, but I won't make any prmises.

Not at all. Maybe try a hard reset (vol up + locl + phone + end)

No headway on getting the call button to work huh? I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. I do miss the stock volume control as well it's ability to control vibration level. I tried reinstalling from the cab in the repository but it was a no go...