[VIDEOTORIAL] How To Flash Omnia i900 & i910 on Windows 7, Vista & XP (Noob Friendly)

Guest mikevhl

Guest mikevhl

I'm not responsible for your actions and bla bla bla ;)

The omnia is freaking hard to brick if you follow this tutorial though, and if something goes wrong, follow it again and your phone should work again. If it doesn't, try on another computer.

Before you start, you must have at least once synced your phone!!

I made this video. Sorry that it's sped up. Just pause to read the annotations and ask if any questions come to your mind. Because a picture says a thousand words. And a video has a thousand pictures :D :)

I start off with a rom file, they can be found on this forum. The one I'm currently using is made by Ock, Build 23541, M2D version. Found here.

****THIS IS FOR THE i900 OMNIA, NOT i910 !!!!****

Video:Flashing i900 Omnia on Windows 7&Vista

Sim-Locked i900! (not i910) owners, read this first:

[A sim locked i900 is a i900 which is not able to work with a sim-card of another provider]

1: Open up your phone, "call" to  *7465625*638*#

2: Type de NCK code in which you can find here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code

shorter link   : http://bit.ly/nYg0B

shorter link 2: http://tinyurl.com/nckcodes

( Copy & Paste into url bar of your browser )

3. Type in the new NCK (12345678), and press OK

4. "call" *#7465625# to check the simlock status

5. "call" #7465625*638*# and type your NCK in (12345678)

Once that's done, you can proceed :D

Source: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3101945
i910 owners, read this first:

If your phone has a rom named CF03, continue the tutorial, if you don't know, here's how you can find out!

Start-Settings-System-Version. Look at ROM Version, if it says "S:i910.10 V.CF03 then you have the CF03 Rom and are able to continue with my tutorial. If it says something else, you'll first have to flash the CF03 rom. Don't worry, I'll explain how;)

1: Plug your Omnia in with it's turned on. Windows will automatically download and install the drivers for you.

2: When this is done, unlpug your phone.

3: Download the VZW update software here: http://sharebee.com/bd345218 (just choose a link and download)

4: Run the file and follow it step by step.

*: Only plug in your phone when prompted to in the update process!

My support for i910 devices is limited, since I own a i900 omnia, but I'll do my best;)

source: http://www.modaco.com/content/i910-specific-omnia-rom-discussion/287708/start-here-before-flashing-a-cooked-rom-verizon-i910/

Read this after watching:

All right, the first tool is omnia EXEcutor, by pako777 Download it from: EXEcutor 3.05

The second tool is GrandPrix

Vista and 7 users, download the and open the attachtment. [Open as administrator!]

"USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe"

XP Users, use the XP version instead. It looks kinda different, but the buttons are the same, you should get it :D

"UMDL_GrandPrix_v1.8.10_XP.exe"

When GrandPrix says "Waiting for device" plug in your omnia [turned off!!!] and turn it on. Windows will install drivers. If it doesn't finish and your phone boots up, retry. This shouldn't take more than 3 attempts. Once the drivers are installed, GrandPrix should do the rest of the work for you. Once Grandprix has rebooted your phone and says (in the progress bar) "Job done.", it will say "tap the screen to setup your device" on your omnia, do this. But instead of going on, wait ~3 minutes for your phone to restart by itself and present you the screen with "tap the screen to setup your device" again. this time continue the device setup and you're done.

This is my first topic on modaco ever, if I'm violating the rules, please tell me, I didn't mean to B)

Big thanks to pako777, the creators of GrandPrix, all cooks, people that wrote my sources, people that suggested things to add, and people who corrected my mistake!

Without your help it wouldn't have been possible.

I like to cook myself too, but only in real life :D I kinda messed up on my attempt and I'm not wanting to bother anyone with my problem, I'm just a noob at cooking :D but if I ever will find out how to, I'll surely post another video! B)

Update 02/02/10:

-Replaced included zipped grand prix for unzipped one, same version (1.6.4).

-Added section for sim-locked device users.

-Quick video clean up, corrected pauses. You shouldn't have to click the pause button anymore.

-Added i910 support. i910 owners, please confirm wether this works or not.

Update 03/02/10:

-Added XP section. I beleive that my thread is now universal, it supports every windows OS (from XP on) and both i900 and i910 models.

-I'll film a big video tomorrow, showing the flashing progress step by step from a Windows XP laptop and Windows 7 netbook. I'll first reflash Ock's rom, then the dutch rom by Bruno Adler. Both differ a little bit.

Goals

[X] Get 10 reply's

[X] Get 50 reply's

[ ] Get 100 reply's

[ ] Get 150 reply's

USDL_GrandPrix_v1.6.4_VISTA.exe

UMDL_GrandPrix_v1.8.10_XP.exe

Edited by mikevhl

Guest mikevhl
i have win vista ...i dont need driver ???

Nope, I read it in a post once, but tried it myself and you don't need to download a driver, it installs it by itself B)

At least win 7 does :)

You're welcome B)

Let me know if you need any help :)

wil this work with the new rom fron bruno ?

I understand that first you need to do something with eboot dxid1 or not ?

and how do i do that?

please help

Dutch: Bedankt man! Ik heb het zonder je uitleg gedaan, maar wel precies hetzelfde :)

English: Thanks mate! Made it without, but exactly the same way.

welke rom heb je gebruikt ? heb je ervaring met een t-mobile toestel, kan het daar ook mee ?

Guest mikevhl

Het werkt met bruno's rom, maar de rom zelf doet het niet, je kan het start menu niet eens openen dus flashen heeft GEEN ZIN

Edited by mikevhl

Guest mikevhl
Dutch: Bedankt man! Ik heb het zonder je uitleg gedaan, maar wel precies hetzelfde B)

English: Thanks mate! Made it without, but exactly the same way.

Toch graag gedaan B)

Welke rom gebruik je? uit nieuwsgierigheid :)

Ik vind zelf Ock's roms het beste, omdat ik het meeste er van gebruik, hij redelijk snel is, en de icoontjes zijn gwn mooi :D

Ik gebruik nu een Omnia Lite-app rom van Stevillage, maar ga overstappen. Weet nog niet naar welke xD

@Jopjes: het werkt met elk I900 toestel :)

Edited by Gibeon

Ik gebruik nu een Omnia Lite-app rom van Stevillage, maar ga overstappen. Weet nog niet naar welke xD

@Jopjes: het werkt met elk I900 toestel :)

bedankt for je snel reactie, dus ik hoef verder geen update / upgrade van de telefoon maar gewoon de instructies te volgen, met een goeie rom, raakte namelijk erg in de war van de voor en na dxid1 dissussie waar ik geen bal van begreep. kan je me nog een goeie rom aanraden?

Ik adviseer Ock's rom, hij heeft hem vandaag nog gemaakt :)

En dat het op iedere i900 werkt is niet waar volgens mij, ik denk dat je wel problemen krijgt met niet-simlock-vrije-apparaten.

kijk daar maak ik me dus een beetje zorgen over, ik heb dus zo'n t-mobile telefoon die uiteraard gelokt is, kan hem ook niet update omdat het een t-mobile rom is die t-mobile niet update en de samsung site niet pakt.

daarom wil ik er nu vanaf (van die t-mobile rom dan)

als hij t-mobile lock blijft is dit geen probleem, ik heb een t-mobile sim

Edited by Jopjes

Guest mikevhl
kijk daar maak ik me dus een beetje zorgen over, ik heb dus zo'n t-mobile telefoon die uiteraard gelokt is, kan hem ook niet update omdat het een t-mobile rom is die t-mobile niet update en de samsung site niet pakt.

daarom wil ik er nu vanaf (van die t-mobile rom dan)

als hij t-mobile lock blijft is dit geen probleem, ik heb een t-mobile sim

Ik zal het voor je opzoeken :)

Guest mikevhl

Okey, dit moet je eerst doen!

1:Ga naar telefoon, "bel" naar *7465625*638*#

2: Typ de NCK code in die je hier kan vinden. Ik heb hem al opgezocht, in jou geval (Nederlandse T-mobile telefoon) is het 20416

3. Typ de nieuwe NCK in (12345678), druk dan op OK

4. "bel" *#7465625 in om de simlock te controleren

5. "bel" #7465625*638*# en typ je NCK in (12345678)

Daarna is je simlock weg kan je mijn handleiding volgen B)

Edit:bron

bron van bron :)

Edited by mikevhl

Okey, dit moet je eerst doen!

1:Ga naar telefoon, "bel" naar *7465625*638*#

2: Typ de NCK code in die je hier kan vinden. Ik heb hem al opgezocht, in jou geval (Nederlandse T-mobile telefoon) is het 20416

3. Typ de nieuwe NCK in (12345678), druk dan op OK

4. "bel" *#7465625 in om de simlock te controleren

5. "bel" #7465625*638*# en typ je NCK in (12345678)

Daarna is je simlock weg kan je mijn handleiding volgen :)

Edit:bron

kijk dat is nog eens een lekker snel antwoord, super!

Laatste (domme) vraag ik heb win7 64-bits geen probleem hoop ik ?

Guest mikevhl

Als het niet werkt word er niks met je telefoon gedaan (omdat het gewoon niet werkt :) )

En als het wel werkt doet hij het B)

Guest mikevhl

Let me know how the flashing went :)

Aslo, thanks for making me look that up, now my tutorial is able to be used with even more devices!

Guest mikevhl
vierde regel moet zijn

type *#7465625# to check your lock

Bedankt voor de tip, mijn bron had het verkeerd en ik daarom dus ook. Ik heb nu de bron verandert naar het topic op XDA-developers, waar dit goed staat. Hoe gaat het tot nu toe? ;)

Guest mikevhl
Aangezien je met grandprix flasht maakt het gelockte gebeuren niets uit, voor zover ik weet. Via de officiele weg werkt het inderdaad niet ;)

Oke, bedankt, ik heb hier namelijk zelf geen ervaring mee. (Flashen met een ge-sim-locked apparaat)

Maar het is toch handig om geen sim lock op je apparaat te hebben :D