Android Itablet?

Guest Nitro Fan

Guest Nitro Fan

It seems to me that yesterdays release of the Apple iPad opens up a new (Ish!) sector in the personal device market that could be easily exploited by Google/HTC or ANother with an Android powered Tablet device.

I for one would use a scaled up Nexus for example. I just wondered what the views of the other members were.

If rumours are to be believed then HTC are working on an android tablet in conjunction with google, I saw it on one of the big gadget blogs a few weeks ago.

If its true or not though, who knows.

Dave

Guest Nitro Fan
If rumours are to be believed then HTC are working on an android tablet in conjunction with google, I saw it on one of the big gadget blogs a few weeks ago.

If its true or not though, who knows.

Dave

That's encouraging I hope they avoid the failings of the iPad

Guest glossywhite

Apple have beaten you to it. Precisely what "failings" are you talking about?. The only fail I can see is the clunky, buggy, laggy unintuitive Android OS. I don't know how you expect anything Android to top the iPad... I find that extremely over-optimistic tbh.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest slaguru
Apple have beaten you to it. Precisely what "failings" are you talking about?. The only fail I can see is the clunky, buggy, laggy unintuitive Android OS. I don't know how you expect anything Android to top the iPad... I find that extremely over-optimistic tbh.

I would have to agree.

A couple of months ago I was all over Android, but now with the fragmentation of the OS (1.5, 1.6, 2.0, 2.1) I can't see it being uniform enough to compete with iPhone OS 3.1.2 onwards.

My HTC Hero is up for sale as I have gone back to WinMo, and my Archos 5 IT (android 1.6) is good for video. That's a tablet, but I don't see it being the same ballpark as the iPad.

Guest Nitro Fan
http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/11/dell-mini-5-we-have-it/

And the iPad looks like junk. A tablet PC without multitasking? At $500 minimum and a whole lot more if you want more storage or just 3G. No USB slot. No flash. Typical Apple shite putting style over substance.

Thanks you have saved me the bother of explaining some of the iPads failings.

BTW the iPad is just a device, it does not get upset when you question its ability, it does not cry when you point out what it is perhaps lacking.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ashleynathomas

Tablet PC's are more in use now a days all the functions in it are useful.So its better to have a tablet PC for easy use and you can carry with you anywhere.Android tablet support for a BCM4760 processor including a GPS receiver and baseband, an ARM11 processor, a touchscreen controller, and an OpenGL ES 1.1/OpenVG 2.0-compliant graphics processor.