[28mar] DUSK (G-B-R) Taskbar & BLACK theme & EXTRAS~ tacchan23 edition

Guest tacchan23

Guest tacchan23

What's new

28mar - Extras: Dusk black skin for WinMo DialPad

26mar - Dusk Taskbar: new RED version

25mar - Black Theme: version for wm6.5

25mar - Extras: Showcase task manager Dusk Skin

22mar - Dusk Taskbar: new DuskGreenFull taskbar for wm6.5.x and modified DuskClock (IMPORTANT: don't use old version)

21mar - Dusk Taskbar: new DuskBlueFull taskbar for wm6.5.x and modified DuskClock (IMPORTANT: don't use old version)

20mar - Extras: Touchpal4 Dusk skins

19mar - Extras: standalone softkeybars (can be used over any WinMo Themes)

18mar - Black Theme: multicolor selectors added

1- DUSK Taskbar ~ tacchan23 edition

Info:

- credits and special thanks to grzegorz10 for one of the most beautifull taskbar ever made and for giving me the permission to modify it

- WM 6.5.x and 6.5

- (W)VGA - also (W)QVGA for few versions only

- Best used along with one of my Themes below

- Before installing anything remember to install SDKCERTS.cab from Here Without this the taskbar may not work! (usually not needed for cooked roms)

Bluetooth:

- Not needed anymore to use the BTIconNotifier.exe on Omnia2. I found the OEM .dll file (from Samsung) which contains the BT icons for Omnia2 and, after replacing the icons there, I added it to my taskbar cabs.

- The BtIconNotifierDusk is needed only for some phones which can't display the Bluetooth icon correctly and istead display the standard WM icon (before using it, try if it works without the fix)

HTCvolumecontrol:

- If you have problem with HTC volume control, you may TRY in order the solution belows (if the first doesn't work, try the next):

a) Install this HTCvolume icon fix.cab (uninstall it if it doesn't work or display wrong icons)

:) Go to your registry: HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay and delete these regkeys: LoadIconFromResDLL & SoundIconLink

c) Delete the htcvolumecontrol.dll from Windows folder.

d) Send me the original (means u have to uninstall any custom taskbar first) htcvolumecontrol.dll from your ROM and I'll try to fix it.

WindowsLiveMobile:

If the icon while reciving a message doesn't display properly (stock WinMo icon), it means you are using a different version of WLM than the one skinned in my taskbar. Download here the WLMMessengerResources.dll for the version you are using (or try them both if you not sure which version of WLM you have) (WLMMessengerResources.192.dll is for VGA; WLMMessengerResources.96.dll is for QVGA)

DuskBlue Taskbar

post-576403-1266773046.gifpost-576403-1266773591.gifpost-576403-1266773625.gifpost-576403-1266773663.gifpost-576403-1266773675.gif

bluetaskbar.jpgcdmafixeclock.jpg

Downloads DuskBlue taskbar for GSM phones (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5.x for WM 6.5.x

tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5 for WM 6.5

Downloads DuskBlueFull taskbar (fully colored blue icons) for GSM phones (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23 DuskBlueFull Taskbar VGA.cab for WM6.5.x and WM6.5

Downloads DuskBlue taskbar background image with Clock for WM6.5.x only IMPORTANT: don't use old Clock cab version

Tacchan23_DuskClockBlack_VGA_6.5.x.cab (black backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskBlue taskbar)

Tacchan23_DuskClockBlue_VGA_6.5.x.cab (blue backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskBlueFull taskbar)

This cab will install a new taskbar image with clock background.

This is optimized for being used with my Theme below, but it can be used also with other themes (BUT in this case u'll have to reinstall the cab every time u switch to another theme, while if you have my theme installed you can revert to it anytime)

Install order is important:

1. install Dusk taskbar (and CDMAfix if needed)

2. install my Theme (optional but reccomended) or any other theme u plan to use

3. install DuskClock

Downloads DuskBlue fix for CDMA phones:

Install the GSM taskbar cab first (above), then the CDMA fix: it comes with two different styles of signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x):

tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_CDMAfix Mine same signal icons as in the GSM version

tacchan23_DuskBlue_Taskbar_CDMAfix Original signal icons as in the original dusk cdma fix

Downloads Bluetooth fix if you have problems with BT icon:

BtIconNotifierDuskBlue

DuskGreen Taskbar

greentaskbar.jpgcdmafixeclockgreen.jpg

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=47693

Downloads DuskGreen taskbar (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5.x

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5

Downloads DuskGreenFull taskbar (fully colored blue icons) for GSM phones (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23 DuskGreenFull Taskbar VGA.cab for WM6.5.x and WM6.5

Downloads DuskGreen taskbar background image with Clock for WM6.5.x only IMPORTANT: don't use old Clock cab version

Tacchan23_DuskClockBlack_VGA_6.5.x.cab (black backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskGreen taskbar)

Tacchan23_DuskClockGreen_VGA_6.5.x.cab (green backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskGreenFull taskbar)

Read descriptions and install info above.

Downloads DuskGreen fix for CDMA phones:

Install the GSM taskbar cab first (above), then the CDMA fix: it comes with two different styles of signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x):

tacchan23 Dusk Taskbar CDMAfixMine same signal icons as in the GSM version

tacchan23_Dusk_Taskbar_CDMAfix Original signal icons as in the original dusk cdma fix

BtIconNotifierDusk

DuskRed Taskbar

redtaskbar.jpgcdmafixeclockred.jpg

Downloads DuskRed taskbar (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23 DuskRed Taskbar VGA.cab

Downloads DuskRedFull taskbar (fully colored blue icons) for GSM phones (taskbar background image is not included, it can be found in my Themes below):

tacchan23 DuskRedFull Taskbar VGA.cab

Downloads DuskRed taskbar background image with Clock for WM6.5.x only IMPORTANT: don't use old Clock cab version

Tacchan23_DuskClockBlack_VGA_6.5.x.cab (black backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskGreen taskbar)

Tacchan23_DuskClockRed_VGA_6.5.x.cab (red backgorund clock, intended to be used with DuskGreenFull taskbar)

Read descriptions and install info above.

Downloads DuskRed fix for CDMA phones:

Install the GSM taskbar cab first (above), then the CDMA fix: it comes with two different styles of signal icons (choose and install just one of the below cabs, they work for both wm6.5 and wm6.5.x)

tacchan23 DuskRed Taskbar CDMAfixMine.cab

tacchan23 DuskRed Taskbar CDMAfixOriginal.cab

BtIconNotifierDusk

2- BLACK Theme ~ tacchan23 edition

Info:

New release of my Black theme (old version here: don't mix up the old cabs with new ones) optimized for Dusk taskbar:

- new Dusk style taskbar and softkeybar; new pivot bar image; new WinMo colors for better reading on black background; new threaded sms black background

- known bug: some cases (depending maybe on the sender) of received emails not being readible; the workaround is to reply to the email, then press "edit sender's email". Then it becomes readable.

- known bug: in some ROM/phones, there are problems of unreadeable SMS text on same colored background; you can try the HCT TouchPro version if you have white text on white background problem

WM 6.5.x

- (W)VGA

- black blackground (also for threaded sms) with blue selectors (green/red/purple/etc selectors available as AddOns)

- 7 themes (.tsk) to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar (details in the screenshots below):

tacchan23Black Dusk: dusk softkeybar and taskbar (best used with Dusk taskbar)

tacchan23Black DuskManila: dusk softkeybar and taskbar with Manila style buttons (best used with Dusk taskbar)

tacchan23Black 1: complitely black bars without any border with Manila style buttons

tacchan23Black 2: complitely black bars without any border with Dusk style buttons

tacchan23Black Bordered1: bordered bars in black

tacchan23Black Bordered2: bordered bars with glossy effect

tacchan23Black Bordered3: same as the above but with different style of bottom bar

- Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons

Colors available: White, WhiteGlossy, Red, RedGlossy, Green, GreenGlossy, BlueGlossy, Azure, AzureGlossy, Aquamarine, AquamarineGlossy, Purple, PurpleGlossy, LightGreen, LightGreenGlossy

- Add-On to restore the default bottom bar icons

- Download the Zip file containing all the addons and install the choosen customization cab (need to soft reset or change theme to apply changes)

themebars.jpg

blacktheme.jpg

addonss.jpg

Downloads Black Theme

tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA

tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_Large version with taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector

Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA x HTC TouchPro you can try this version (tested on HTC TouchPro) if you have white text on white background problem

Downloads AddOns (multicolored selectors and checkboxes) for Black Theme

Multicolored AddOns for Black Theme

WM 6.5

- (W)VGA

- black blackground (also for threaded sms) with blue selectors (green/red/purple/etc selectors available as AddOns) and dusk softkeybar and taskbar

- Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons

Colors available: White, WhiteGlossy, Red, RedGlossy, Green, GreenGlossy, BlueGlossy, Azure, AzureGlossy, Aquamarine, AquamarineGlossy, Purple, PurpleGlossy, LightGreen, LightGreenGlossy

Download the Zip file containing all the addons and install the choosen customization cab (need to soft reset or change theme to apply changes)

blackthemewm65.jpg

Downloads Black Theme

Tacchan23_Black_6.5_VGA.cab

Downloads AddOns (multicolored selectors and checkboxes) for Black Theme

Multicolored AddOns for Black Theme

3- Extras ~ tacchan23 edition

WinMo DIALER Dusk Skin

- Dusk black skin for the WinMo DialPad

- All Resolutions

post-576403-1263590117_thumb.png

Downloads DIALER Dusk Skin

(W)VGA version: http://www.4shared.com/file/251202380/39da...ialer_WVGA.html

(W)QVGA version: http://www.4shared.com/file/251203260/1e27...aler_WQVGA.html

Showcase Dusk Skins

- All Resolutions

- Blue and Green versions

- All credits to grzegorz10, I just made blue version and changed the colors of X buttons in both versions.

showcase.jpg

Downloads Showcase Dusk skins

Showcase DuskBlue.zip unzip the files to your Showcase installation folder

Showcase DuskGreen.zip unzip the files to your Showcase installation folder

Showcase DuskBlue Suite-1.1.0 Wm6.5.x.cab this cab includes the actual task manager (version for wm6.5.x) already skinned with blue button

Showcase DuskBlack 1.0.1b Wm6.5.CAB this cab includes the actual task manager (version for wm6.5) already skinned with top right taskbar icon too

Touchpal 4 Dusk skins

- (W)VGA and (W)QVGA [some versions only]

- unzip and copy files to Resources folder in your Touchpal root (or install the cab if available below)

- full credits to drew2000 for original art work, I just made versions in blue and full green (also inverted the colors for Dict On/Off)

touchpal.jpg

Downloads Touchpal 4 Dusk skins

(W)VGA DuskBlue TouchPal 4 skin.zip just SpaceBar blue button

(W)VGA DuskBlueFull TouchPal 4 skin.zip or cab: tacchan23 Touchpal 4 DuskBlueFull_(W)VGA.cab all buttons in blue

(W)VGA DuskGreen TouchPal 4 skin.zip just SpaceBar green button

(W)VGA DuskGreenFull TouchPal 4 skin.zip all buttons in blue

(W)QVGA DuskBlueFull TouchPal 4 skin.zip

Softkeybars for WM 6.5.x

- The same softkeybars available as above but without the need to install my theme (so they can be used with other themes too)

- Also available Transparent Softkeybar (no background or buttons images)

- (W)VGA and (W)QVGA

- First you need to install and select the Theme you're planning to use, then install my softkeybar. If you change Theme, you need to reinstall the softkeybar again

transparentsoftkeybar2.jpg

Downloads Softkeybars for WM 6.5.x

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered1 QVGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered1 VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered2 QVGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered2 VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered3 QVGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarBordered3 VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarDusk QVGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarDusk VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarDuskManila QVGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarDuskManila VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarTransparent QVGA.cab not really "transparent", just no images for taskbar and buttons; just icons and text

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarTransparent VGA.cab

Tacchan23_SoftkeybarTransparent VGA var_SM.cab same as above but with different StartMenu icon, made on request

Usefull Tools

ROMExtractor.zip a tool to extract ROM files: unzip and copy to ur phone; in the first field browse to and select the desired file; in the second field you need to manually write the destination folder and the name of the file to extract. (for example, to extract shellres.192.dll to storage card: \Storage Card\shellres.192.dll)

post-576403-1266773046_thumb.gif

post-576403-1266773591_thumb.gif

post-576403-1266773625_thumb.gif

post-576403-1266773663_thumb.gif

post-576403-1266773675_thumb.gif

Guest tacchan23

IMPORTANT:

this is my first taskbar, there may be errors so please help me with some feedback.

Also I'm not responsible for any problems you may have^^

Guest superdarkyaya

A very great job Tacchan.................Thx a lot....

it is possible to make a cab only with waiting cursor ??

Edited by superdarkyaya

Guest tacchan23
A very great job Tacchan.................Thx a lot....

it is possible to make a cab only with waiting cursor ??

yes, but it would overwrite an existing .dll file anyway. So you couldn't use it along with any other custom taskbar (only with the default WinMo taskbar)

works well with ur v.7 theme?

Hmmm. Some incompatibility with the 3G/1x and signal strength icon on my i920. Any idea how to resolve it? I still have the stock icons showing. Probably a GSM/CDMA issue? Thanks for the post. Looks nice.

Guest tacchan23
works well with ur v.7 theme?

I made the taskbar to complete my theme (v7) with more bottom bar icons, so I hope everything is working well togheter.

But any feedback is appreciated as I could have missed something! (as well as any help in making some icons I made to look better and on par with the original Dusk taskbar^^)

About CDMA, honestly I have no idea how that works... I'll try to have a look at it but any pointer would be nice such as which icons aren't working exactly and if there are any more/different icons in CDMA than GSM (also a link to a custom 6.5.x taskbar working well on CDMA)

I made the taskbar to complete my theme (v7) with more bottom bar icons, so I hope everything is working well togheter.

But any feedback is appreciated as I could have missed something! (as well as any help in making some icons I made to look better and on par with the original Dusk taskbar^^)

About CDMA, honestly I have no idea how that works... I'll try to have a look at it but any pointer would be nice such as which icons aren't working exactly and if there are any more/different icons in CDMA than GSM (also a link to a custom 6.5.x taskbar working well on CDMA)

Link to a working modified dusk taskbar for CDMA. I like your icons better though, especially the battery icon. If it's too much trouble to fix, no problem.

Link to the page with signal fix cab. Might help narrow down what exactly is fixed. About to install it to see if it works for this as is.

Note the network status (1x/3G) icon and signal strength/data connection icons are still stock. Thanks.

dcacdf5a-1828-4899-9f0e-763a647bf08.jpg13c92ba3-4965-48e1-8b83-8ad4000bc6a.jpg

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23
Link to a working modified dusk taskbar for CDMA. I like your icons better though, especially the battery icon. If it's too much trouble to fix, no problem.

Note the network status (1x/3G) icon and signal strength/data connection icons are still stock. Thanks.

dcacdf5a-1828-4899-9f0e-763a647bf08.jpg13c92ba3-4965-48e1-8b83-8ad4000bc6a.jpg

I'll have a look at it during the weekend and try to fix my taskbar.

Glad you liked the battery, it was a lot of work :)

I'll have a look at it during the weekend and try to fix my taskbar.

Glad you liked the battery, it was a lot of work :)

I just installed the taskbar fix from that thread. Locked my phone up on boot. Whoops. I'll look through some of the dll's and let you know if i come across the right one.

Guest tacchan23
I just installed the taskbar fix from that thread. Locked my phone up on boot. Whoops. I'll look through some of the dll's and let you know if i come across the right one.

You sure it's not working at all? I found another CDMA taskbar and it looks exactly the same as the fix you linked me above

You sure it's not working at all? I found another CDMA taskbar and it looks exactly the same as the fix you linked me above

It apparently works for someone. Looks like primarily TP2 CDMA. And to correct, the fix didn't hang my device, just prevented the today from loading the today for a couple of boots, and the icons weren't fixed. I didn't try installing the entire taskbar cab, just the fix cab. That may have something to do with it. I'll try the entire install file later today.

I can't copy out my .dll files to look through them. I'll see if I can find someone who has them, unless you know a way to copy protected files out of ROM?

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23

I tried to recab the fix myself (changing some icons too) but I guess the result will be the same if it's device related. Anyway I attach it if someone wants to try it at his own risk.

Also I attach a small app to extract protected files from ROM (u need to uninstall any cabs which modified the protected file first, in this case the CDMA fix itself)

ROMExtractor.zip

tacchan23_CDMAfix_Dusk_Taskbar_VGA_wm6.5.5.cab

I tried to recab the fix myself (changing some icons too) but I guess the result will be the same if it's device related. Anyway I attach it if someone wants to try it at his own risk.

Also I attach a small app to extract protected files from ROM (u need to uninstall any cabs which modified the protected file first, in this case the CDMA fix itself)

K. I'll give it a try. Let you know in a minute.

Didn't work. Booted fine so no issues there, but the icons are still stock. I'll give the file extractor a go and see if I can't track them down. Thanks.

Edited by Snow02

Great work tacchan23. It looks very nice. Is it possible to uninstall it without any problems if I won't like it?

It does uninstall fine.

Hey tacchan, I've been through a bunch of the .dll files (the most common ones plus a bunch of others) and I can't find them. I'll keep slowly going through the rest over the next couple of days (there's quite a few). You have any recommendations on what to look for? I'm using Resource Tuner to view. Once I've been through all of them (takes a while to extract one at a time) I'll post a copy somewhere if you want to have at em.

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23
K. I'll give it a try. Let you know in a minute.

Didn't work. Booted fine so no issues there, but the icons are still stock. I'll give the file extractor a go and see if I can't track them down. Thanks.

After you installed the cab there was no change at all in the icons? it should change just the signal icon, not the 1x icon

Anyway if you can try to extract the CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll from your ROM I can have a look at it

After you installed the cab there was no change at all in the icons? it should change just the signal icon, not the 1x icon

Anyway if you can try to extract the CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll from your ROM I can have a look at it

Right, no change to either icon. And I don't have a CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll. There isn't anything that's screaming "signal icons here", unfortunately. That surely would have been one of the first ones to check. I'm on 23518 build if that matters/helps.

If you have any idea about what size the dll should be i can send a few right around that size too...

Also, what files hold the current dusk icons and I'll make sure I check those. I still haven't run across any taskbar icons.

Edited by Snow02

Guest tacchan23

Those all the .dll files used for custom taskbar

- phcanOverbmp.dll

- outres.192.dll

- shellres.192.dll

- tapres.192.dll

- tshres.192.dll

- CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll

the 1X icon is in the tapres.192.dll but all other signal icons are in the CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll (at least for other phones...)

Did you look for the CDMA dll file with the ROMextractor app? or with file manager? If it's really not there, no more idea what to do...

Guest tacchan23

Could u try to add this to your registry? (and install the cdma fix again)

And check if you have the following dll file: OverrideRssi.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\ResOver\Bitmaps]

"FuncDll"="CDMA_RSSI_PPC.dll"