[0.1] VanillaDroid - Clean Cupcake on your Hero!

Guest AychTeeSee

Guest AychTeeSee

bgcYU.png

Hello everyone;

As some of you may know, I've been porting a MyTouch3G ROM to Hero. Unlike my other vanilla cupcake ROM, this ROM possesses absolutely NO HTC bloat, and runs UNBELIEVABLY fast, at the expense of some features. I do not plan to discontinue my other Cupcake ROM, as until this is stable and feature complete, the other one is a viable and fast alternative. This ROM is being released as an early preview of what's to come. This ROM uses Teknologist's 1.91 kernel with Ramzswap disabled.

ByqQg.pngxuSgV.pngoaeEQ.png

Doesn't work:

Bluetooth (fix coming soon!)

Trackball

Camera

A2SD

DHCP

This is an incredibly stable ROM with (in my opinion) lots of potential. This is likely the fastest ROM for HTC Hero at the moment, a bit faster than ION 1.6 (but with more stability and working accelerometer). If you think you can contribute, PM me! :)

Download:

http://www.zshare.net/download/71826183901780c2/

Mirror:

http://rapidshare.com/files/342731811/Vani...roid-signed.zip

Enjoy!

Andrew

Edited by AychTeeSee

Guest PrinceDwi

Please continue to work very well on this ROM. I find this to be extraordinarily quick and fluid. My issue is that whenever I try and add APN settings, none of the settings save.

Guest AychTeeSee
Please continue to work very well on this ROM. I find this to be extraordinarily quick and fluid. My issue is that whenever I try and add APN settings, none of the settings save.

Strange. After entering the information, are you pressing menu and clicking save?

Thanks!

Andrew

Guest PrinceDwi
Strange. After entering the information, are you pressing menu and clicking save?

Thanks!

Andrew

Yes, strangely..once I finish inputting the APN info, I press menu, save, and when I go back to access point names, i'm still left blank. For specifics, I'm using an unlocked Telus Hero on AT&T, latest eclair radio (63.18.55.06JU_6.35.09.26). I did full wipe, and repartitioning of my sd card to ext4.

Guest masterpfa
Fixed Camera and GPS B) new release soon.

Andrew

You have been busy :)

Shame about the trackball issue, with my touch screen playing up I need to use my trackball, so I'll be watching this space and of course your other ROM

:D

Guest PrinceDwi

Hm..I tried a different set of APN settings and I seem to have data now. Wifi however isn't obtaining an ip address, regardless if it's open or secure network. I'm excited however for this ROM. It's one I've been waiting for for a while, and I've been trying each rom left and right. HTC Sense is beautiful, but I find Android's stock layout to work absolutely fine.

Keep up the good work! I'll be following your progress like a hawk =p

Edited by PrinceDwi

Guest pvillasuso
Does A2SD work yet? Is this really faster than MCR 3.2? If it is, is it worth it to change to this ROM plus a homereplacement app?

Try this one first : http://android.modaco.com/content/htc-hero...upcake-rom-gsm/

It's my daily ROM .. Excellent performance !!!

This [0.1] VanillaDroid is still @testing & fixing stage .. , still not for a daily use ( for me ) cause I use the camera and the trakball a lot

BOTH are faster than MCR 3.2 , the homereplacement is a matter of what u like better ...

Cheers ..

whats different than "AychTeeSee's Vanilla" ???

Read the first post... It is mentioned there!

And to AychTeeSee, looking forward to this :)

Edited by kosmiq

Guest sjoerdos92

Titanium Backup doesn't work, add that to the fix list plz :)

It says root access failed.

And, as stated in the posts above, wifi doesn't obtain an ip adress.

Guest PrinceDwi

Looks like the headphone jack doesn't cause the OS to route audio from speakers to headphones. I found the ROM to be so fluid, it's almost as if it was meant to really be this way on the Hero. This experience is exhilarating! Just wanted to share that in hopes it'll be squeezed in as part of your next update. Phone actions seem to work great, haven't tried call merging or anything like that, but speakerphone and mute work just fine.

Also, no force closes as of yet.

Edited by PrinceDwi