Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest amdzero
First, thanks to AMDZero and Ninja4hire for some great ROMS. I've tried each and they are remarkable. I've had the O2 for a couple of months, but I thought I'd try a new ROM or two when I did the DC23 update. I've a veteran of MANY flashes of both Samsung and HTC phones, though this is the first try for the O2.

I, too, am having a problem with ActiveSync, both with AMD and N4hire ROMs. Neither will sync on my Vista64 machine. Both ROMs locked (had to pull the battery) when I attempted to access the "Connections" tab to change the USB setting. Currently, the O2 is cabled to my Vista64 and WMDC shows SCH-i920 not connected, but here's another oddity which just came up. Clicking on Activesync says "repllog is not a valid PPC app." As a matter of fact, clicking on Internet Explorer says "iexplore is not a valid....." Clicking on Settings yields the next screen, none of the buttons work. It goes back to Today, but things like "JMLMenu is not a valid....." occur if I try to change anything. UNTIL I try to sync, everything works.

Weird, eh?

I'm about to reflash the stock ROM (again, thanks AMD) as I need the phone and can't really spend a lot of flashing time today.

Again, don't take this as a complaint..... these ROMs clearly are superior to stock. This is just a report of a potential issue.

Thanks to the chefs and to this community.

Thanks for the notice on vista 64.

I'm running win7 64 and activesync (WMDC) has never been a problem for me. Like I've mentioned earlier, if you get more time to "play" with your phone, try to do a bluetooth activesync connection. Pair your phone first before trying to do it. This is not a solution but I need some feedback as to this being USB related or software related.

Again I don't have any problems with sync so I'm at a loss to help out.

Guest tntopspin

Thanks, AMD, for the reply.

This is a strange issue, as the phone synced before doing the DC23 update, immediately after doing the update (stock ROM), but chokes badly now when connected to the Vista64 machine. This was my first use of OCTANS. I simply chose PDA, a ROM, and detect. The phone came on and off we went to downloading. Did I miss checking a box or something?

Snooping reveals Vista64 can't find an SCH-i920 driver (if networking is enabled) and just grinds to an error in WMDC, but why the phone locks up is a mystery. With advanced networking unchecked, the Sam MITS driver loads, WMDC comes up, connects and disconnects in about a quarter second....and again the phone is locked up and requires a battery removal. It syncs fine on my XP laptop.

I've rounded up the usual suspects: deleted WMDC, rebooted, reinstalled, hard reset the phone, etc. I even got out a dusty old HTC XV6800 and it was identified and connected without an issue, so I think the Vista64 installation is as stable as Vista64 installations get..... which, I'll grant you, is about as stable as my ex-wife......

I don't have a Bluetooth dongle because WMWiFiRouter has always worked for me when needed, but I'm considering moving to Win7 and this will hasten that journey. Sadly, that will have to wait until after I work a minimum of 84hrs in the next 7 days and then take a little vacation. I can sync most of my info via MyPhone, use my XP laptop if need be to keep things stable, and just avoid the Vista64 box for now.

Again, thanks for the time and effort you guys put into making these ROMs. Great work.

Guest kdkinc

Tntopspin:

"Snooping reveals Vista64 can't find an SCH-i920 driver (if networking is enabled) and just grinds to an error in WMDC, but why the phone locks up is a mystery. With advanced networking unchecked, the Sam MITS driver loads, WMDC comes up, connects and disconnects in about a quarter second....and again the phone is locked up and requires a battery removal. It syncs fine on my XP laptop."

I think I remember that when I did the DC23 upgrade that i had to reapply my drivers to my Win 7/32 PC.

The above brought a couple of things to mind though I'm sure you did these ??

During PC bootup you hit F8 and scroll down in the list that pops up to "allow unsigned drivers" (something like that)?

During that 1/4 second you right click on the WMDC icon then go to the WMDC properties and do the Sam MITS driver deal ?

On my PC I use the two usb ports on the front,It seems (???), that one ports has the MITS drivers for flashing and the other ports allowed me to apply the DC23 upgrade.

I could not apply DC23 in the Flashing port. ( I know weird ).

I hope some of my dribble helps but as always its got to be something simple.

:( :(

Guest amdzero
Thanks, AMD, for the reply.

This is a strange issue, as the phone synced before doing the DC23 update, immediately after doing the update (stock ROM), but chokes badly now when connected to the Vista64 machine. This was my first use of OCTANS. I simply chose PDA, a ROM, and detect. The phone came on and off we went to downloading. Did I miss checking a box or something?

Snooping reveals Vista64 can't find an SCH-i920 driver (if networking is enabled) and just grinds to an error in WMDC, but why the phone locks up is a mystery. With advanced networking unchecked, the Sam MITS driver loads, WMDC comes up, connects and disconnects in about a quarter second....and again the phone is locked up and requires a battery removal. It syncs fine on my XP laptop.

I've rounded up the usual suspects: deleted WMDC, rebooted, reinstalled, hard reset the phone, etc. I even got out a dusty old HTC XV6800 and it was identified and connected without an issue, so I think the Vista64 installation is as stable as Vista64 installations get..... which, I'll grant you, is about as stable as my ex-wife......

I don't have a Bluetooth dongle because WMWiFiRouter has always worked for me when needed, but I'm considering moving to Win7 and this will hasten that journey. Sadly, that will have to wait until after I work a minimum of 84hrs in the next 7 days and then take a little vacation. I can sync most of my info via MyPhone, use my XP laptop if need be to keep things stable, and just avoid the Vista64 box for now.

Again, thanks for the time and effort you guys put into making these ROMs. Great work.

Okay since you can sync with win xp and another device can sync with vista64, this most probably points to a driver.

post-463858-1275564284_thumb.png

This is what my drivers look like. So maybe something in the DC23 changes the way vista64 detects the device?

When you connect it to vista64 what does the drivers come up as? can you post a pic?

Guest tntopspin
Okay since you can sync with win xp and another device can sync with vista64, this most probably points to a driver.

This is what my drivers look like. So maybe something in the DC23 changes the way vista64 detects the device?

When you connect it to vista64 what does the drivers come up as? can you post a pic?

My drivers look EXACTLY like yours, down to the version.

My time's ultra limited, but I've rotated USB ports, rotated USB cables, and deleted/reinstalled WMDC quickly today. No joy. Multi-reboots of both the PC and the phone, including booting without WMDC installed and with the phone attached (it sees the phone with a bare USB driver...... can't recall if it locked up or not.)

I think an upgrade to Win7 will come soon.

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions.

Guest maldonj1
I'm sure there is, I only use it to see how much free ram I got. If it's low I run cleanram or reset if its way low.

try CHome Editor:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=506951

well this worked but everything slid up and the top of the clock was up under the toolbar and the icons in the apps panel had to be clicked way below them so it looks like something is hard coded, oh well no biggie, added system panel back in and removed the calendar panel which for me seemed to do nothing, all is good now.

Guest DaBlakKnite
My drivers look EXACTLY like yours, down to the version.

My time's ultra limited, but I've rotated USB ports, rotated USB cables, and deleted/reinstalled WMDC quickly today. No joy. Multi-reboots of both the PC and the phone, including booting without WMDC installed and with the phone attached (it sees the phone with a bare USB driver...... can't recall if it locked up or not.)

I think an upgrade to Win7 will come soon.

Thanks to everyone who has made suggestions.

I'm having the same issue. I have Win 7 64 bit. The phone locks up and it can't sync. It starts the sync process and then stops. No errors. Very strange. It looks like a driver issue.

Guest meltedsteam

Love the Base Rom. Considering my virgance, I will not burden you with any requests. If anyone could point towards a solitaire cab, however, I would appreciate it (I got addicted to Vegas style, despite constantly losing imaginary money).

Guest meltedsteam

I almost forgot to say thanks AMDZero, the cooking was deserving enough, but the guidance will never be forgotten. You help one you help all...

Guest kdkinc
Love the Base Rom. Considering my virgance, I will not burden you with any requests. If anyone could point towards a solitaire cab, however, I would appreciate it (I got addicted to Vegas style, despite constantly losing imaginary money).

found this thread by Tacchan23...look down post #1 near bottom is a solitaire cab. Let me know if this what you need...

http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...abs-repository/

:) :)

Guest CxThree

Rom looks great AMD> I have one problem but I don't think you can do anything about it.

My company enforces security policies on mobile devices that make me enter a 4 digit pin whenever the phone goes to sleep. For some reason, this does not work with your roms. I think it's the lock screen you are using. It all works fine until I connect to my work email and it enforces the policies. After that, things work until the phone goes into standby and turns off the screen. I can still hear sounds, but I can never wake up the screen.

Just an FYI.

For, now, I use Yardi's rom and the GChris theme

Guest amdzero
Rom looks great AMD> I have one problem but I don't think you can do anything about it.

My company enforces security policies on mobile devices that make me enter a 4 digit pin whenever the phone goes to sleep. For some reason, this does not work with your roms. I think it's the lock screen you are using. It all works fine until I connect to my work email and it enforces the policies. After that, things work until the phone goes into standby and turns off the screen. I can still hear sounds, but I can never wake up the screen.

Just an FYI.

For, now, I use Yardi's rom and the GChris theme

That's odd, since V4 and the Lite ROMs use the standard lockscreen, just moved stuff around and skinned. I only skinned the Lockscene, not the simplepin or even global.

If you want to try this, here is the standard lockscene as used in WinMo 6.5.x

Unzip this and copy it to your windows directory (use Resco or total commander to overwrite the file)

LS_LockScene_480x800.zip

Guest amdzero
I have the same driver version. But I just uninstalled the driver and rebooted. I also rebooted the phone. It now connects with no problem.

That is good news, maybe others will be able to do the same.

Guest RKPsk8er
That is good news, maybe others will be able to do the same.

I have the same issue he had.

I'd like to try this but I dont have microsoft windows mobile remote adapter listed under device manager.

Should I try powering off the phone, connecting it and uninstalling the Samsung MITs driver that I added prior to flashing?

Guest amdzero
I have the same issue he had.

I'd like to try this but I dont have microsoft windows mobile remote adapter listed under device manager.

Should I try powering off the phone, connecting it and uninstalling the Samsung MITs driver that I added prior to flashing?

Are you using win7? Did you try my Base or Lite ROM?

Guest Jynxx

AMDzero, I guess I'm still a little confused. If I'm running 6.1, will flashing to your Lite ROM upgrade me to 6.5? I'm still trying to learn how all this works.

Guest kdkinc
AMDzero, I guess I'm still a little confused. If I'm running 6.1, will flashing to your Lite ROM upgrade me to 6.5? I'm still trying to learn how all this works.

do DC23 first that will give the full update then flash amd's rom.

DC23 gives you 6.5

Guest Jynxx
do DC23 first that will give the full update then flash amd's rom.

DC23 gives you 6.5

OH!! Now I get it. LOL! Thank you very much for that. I should have read the release notes on DC23 and would have figured that out. Foot in mouth please. lol

Guest kdkinc
OH!! Now I get it. LOL! Thank you very much for that. I should have read the release notes on DC23 and would have figured that out. Foot in mouth please. lol

yeah I chew on mine quite a bit