Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest urphonesux

well I just happened to stumble into the beta rom so you know I had to flash it right?

with the way I use my phone so far its great. the things I have noticed though is there is no longer any way to configure my input method

there is more of a lag in rotation than there is in the stock rom

task switcher sometimes crashes the phone with end all

that is all for now ill prolly keep testing until sunday night and then go back to trusty zerostock unless you finalize this by then.

my phone DOES ring

Guest amdzero
well I just happened to stumble into the beta rom so you know I had to flash it right?

with the way I use my phone so far its great. the things I have noticed though is there is no longer any way to configure my input method

there is more of a lag in rotation than there is in the stock rom

task switcher sometimes crashes the phone with end all

that is all for now ill prolly keep testing until sunday night and then go back to trusty zerostock unless you finalize this by then.

my phone DOES ring

well I did a re-flash and the sound came back. Odd, but I guess it was a fluke, or maybe I installed something.

I'm pretty much done with it, I don't see the task switcher crash, Do you think I should just remove it and let ppl install their own task manager? BTW I DID swap out the standard task manager with dotfred's task manager.

Guest Mr.DunnDunn
well I did a re-flash and the sound came back. Odd, but I guess it was a fluke, or maybe I installed something.

I'm pretty much done with it, I don't see the task switcher crash, Do you think I should just remove it and let ppl install their own task manager? BTW I DID swap out the standard task manager with dotfred's task manager.

excellent choice on adding dotfreds tm. also you could have the option to add their own manager. that would be great

Guest urphonesux

well I can say that xtask makes the experience less crash worthy and thanks for introducing me to dot freds

also maybe you'd want to cook in the smart.cab. I've increased my overall volume with it and it does alot more

Edited by urphonesux

Guest amdzero
well I can say that xtask makes the experience less crash worthy and thanks for introducing me to dot freds

also maybe you'd want to cook in the smart.cab. I've increased my overall volume with it and it does alot more

what is smart.cab? got a link? I may cook it in if I like it.

Guest urphonesux

phj.hu/i8000/Smart.CAB

that link should take you to it.some functions don't work but the ones that do are good

Edited by urphonesux

I have been a really big fan of 6.5 performance and reliability, so have tended to stay with Ninja's ROMs, especially Black vs Blue. However, after trying ZeroStock for a while, I really understand about the finger friendliness, especially having the X down where my thumb is.

So I have been using ZeroStock with NinjaBlue Theme. My only issues are when the real estate doesn't exactly match the program, and when some older programs don't have an X to close with. I had some issues with GAlarm not starting (3 times) which can be criticial for me, as I depend on it. But that may have been because I was trying to run Ninja Today (cab) on it. Not sure how compatible that is with this ROM.

I am watching intently for the new update, because I am interested in a new version of this lite ROM. I really like (funny to discover this so late) Touch Wiz (Edit: actually just the Main Menu part, maybe that isn't even part of Touch Wiz?) for organizing my apps. I am wondering if that can be installed by cab in a lite ROM which doesn't include it, or if it is possible it may be included in the Lite version?

By the way, in the original stock ROM, Touch Wiz was normally recommended to be disabled to speed up the response and stop things from locking up. Has anyone experienced similar issues with use of Touch Wiz in custom ROMs? I occasionally thought I might be experiencing some lag issues, but if so, they seem pretty minimal.

Edit: Yeah, Touch Wiz slows down the new DG21, but disabling it does not stop the Main Menu (which is what I want ) from coming up with the Shield button.

Edited by Robtao

Guest amdzero
I have been a really big fan of 6.5 performance and reliability, so have tended to stay with Ninja's ROMs, especially Black vs Blue. However, after trying ZeroStock for a while, I really understand about the finger friendliness, especially having the X down where my thumb is.

So I have been using ZeroStock with NinjaBlue Theme. My only issues are when the real estate doesn't exactly match the program, and when some older programs don't have an X to close with. I had some issues with GAlarm not starting (3 times) which can be criticial for me, as I depend on it. But that may have been because I was trying to run Ninja Today (cab) on it. Not sure how compatible that is with this ROM.

I am watching intently for the new update, because I am interested in a new version of this lite ROM. I really like (funny to discover this so late) Touch Wiz for organizing my apps. I am wondering if that can be installed by cab in a lite ROM which doesn't include it, or if it is possible it may be included in the Lite version?

By the way, in the original stock ROM, Touch Wiz was normally recommended to be disabled to speed up the response and stop things from locking up. Has anyone experienced similar issues with use of Touch Wiz in custom ROMs? I occasionally thought I might be experiencing some lag issues, but if so, they seem pretty minimal.

after the samsung update dust settles I will be re-releasing all my roms with the new update.

This rom is not dead and It will come to light.

Touch Wiz is something that I don't use, and I guess I could find a way to cab up what I removed for you to use Touch Wiz on my lite rom... but it will take some time. First things first, is the massive update after the DG21 release.

Guest andychoi
after the samsung update dust settles I will be re-releasing all my roms with the new update.

Touch Wiz is something that I don't use, and I guess I could find a way to cab up what I removed for you to use Touch Wiz on my lite rom... but it will take some time. First things first, is the massive update after the DG21 release.

I am hoping new release based on DG21. I really appreciate you guys efforts!!!

Guest amdzero
I am hoping new release based on DG21. I really appreciate you guys efforts!!!

I have the DG21 lite rom flashed on my phone, after some initial testing I'll release it if I don't find any MAJOR bugs.

I think I need to clarify. I really only like the Samsung Main Menu with up to 10 pages for organizing Apps. The rest of Touch Wiz should be pulled.

Guest amdzero
I think I need to clarify. I really only like the Samsung Main Menu with up to 10 pages for organizing Apps. The rest of Touch Wiz should be pulled.

THAT makes sense.

Guest drewfox101
I have the DG21 lite rom flashed on my phone, after some initial testing I'll release it if I don't find any MAJOR bugs.

no hurry, but do u think it will b out out 2day?

Guest batch519

Am I correct when I say there would be no need to flash with the Samsung/Verizon DG21 if we flash with the version you release? If so, I am just going to sit tight and wait for yours. I am willing to help test too.

Guest amdzero
Am I correct when I say there would be no need to flash with the Samsung/Verizon DG21 if we flash with the version you release? If so, I am just going to sit tight and wait for yours. I am willing to help test too.

Fixed the internet explorer error message, I guess I removed a bit too much from the rom.

Also you WILL NEED to flash the official samsung update IF you want the updated CSC eboot and Phone portions of DG21.

I would do the update first, though it is NOT necessary.

Guest batch519
Fixed the internet explorer error message, I guess I removed a bit too much from the rom.

Also you WILL NEED to flash the official samsung update IF you want the updated CSC eboot and Phone portions of DG21.

I would do the update first, though it is NOT necessary.

Thanks bro, downloading it now from Snow's link.

Guest amdzero
Thanks bro, downloading it now from Snow's link.

just remember either you have to reinstall the standard samsung mit drivers, or use another computer before using samsung official update.

If you use the same computer, re-install the octans mit drivers after the update is finished.

• 2 months later...

I'm having an issue with the main page Schedule option on the Lite ROM. When I click it, it shows that I have no appointments, which is correct. However, when I click it a second time to add an appointment or I click the "New app..." button, I'm greeted with a "Error opening the shortcut..." message. I've read through the thread and noted that in a previous release the tcalendar.exe had not been included, but I see that executable in the Windows folder on this release.

I also looked at the :MSCALENDAR registry setting, and the "1" value is set to "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /week which I believe is correct.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this?

Thanks much for any help.

W James

Edited by WJames

Guest amdzero
I'm having an issue with the main page Schedule option on the Lite ROM. When I click it, it shows that I have no appointments, which is correct. However, when I click it a second time to add an appointment or I click the "New app..." button, I'm greeted with a "Error opening the shortcut..." message. I've read through the thread and noted that in a previous release the tcalendar.exe had not been included, but I see that executable in the Windows folder on this release.

I also looked at the :MSCALENDAR registry setting, and the "1" value is set to "\windows\tcalendar.exe" /week which I believe is correct.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to remedy this?

Thanks much for any help.

W James

I no longer update these roms, you should use the DG21 Lite and DG21 Base roms.

• 6 months later...
Guest gaamain

AMDZero,

I noticed you left out the windows lockscreen (the one where you have to plug in numbers to unlock the phone after a specific amount of time). I want my personal info to be secure in case I lose the phone. It also gave me a chance to put a "reward if found, call xxx-xxx-xxxx" message on the lock screen.

Do you or anyone have any recommendation for somethinng to replace it.

Thanks

Guest amdzero
AMDZero,

I noticed you left out the windows lockscreen (the one where you have to plug in numbers to unlock the phone after a specific amount of time). I want my personal info to be secure in case I lose the phone. It also gave me a chance to put a "reward if found, call xxx-xxx-xxxx" message on the lock screen.

Do you or anyone have any recommendation for somethinng to replace it.

Thanks

I believe S2U2 has a numeric lock. It eats up a bit of memory but it is the cleanest, most advanced Lockscreen available on WinMo (IMHO).