Omnia 2 AMDZero 23569 Rom Base/Lite

Guest amdzero

Guest omnia2tester

Hello

Have you guys tried remote desktop with this rom?

I cant get the keyboard working through rdp and from the reading its because of the install location chosen during the install. Curious what you think. I tried reinstall from finster cab but that doesnt even connect at all.

I'm really not trying to complain as these roms are well thought out and very nice work! :-) Thank you!!

I enjoy the amd roms more than the yardi because I actually like the Samsung enhancements. But thought I would mention that rdp does work with keyboard in yardi's latest. So whatever he's doing if that helps. It does look different though... titled "remote desktop mobile".

So does anyone know of a cab file I can install this version of remote desktop for the amd rom??

Thanks again!!

Guest amdzero
Hello

Have you guys tried remote desktop with this rom?

I cant get the keyboard working through rdp and from the reading its because of the install location chosen during the install. Curious what you think. I tried reinstall from finster cab but that doesnt even connect at all.

I'm really not trying to complain as these roms are well thought out and very nice work! :-) Thank you!!

I enjoy the amd roms more than the yardi because I actually like the Samsung enhancements. But thought I would mention that rdp does work with keyboard in yardi's latest. So whatever he's doing if that helps. It does look different though... titled "remote desktop mobile".

So does anyone know of a cab file I can install this version of remote desktop for the amd rom??

Thanks again!!

Help me out here, I don't use remote desktop at all. How do you run it or how should you run it so I can test it out. I've used mocha in the past for vnc connections.

Guest omnia2tester
Help me out here, I don't use remote desktop at all. How do you run it or how should you run it so I can test it out. I've used mocha in the past for vnc connections.

Hello to you friend!

Its similar to vnc except using native rdp within windows. In short you need to enable rdp on the target windows machine. Then enter ip/computername and credentials into the mobile client. Thats really it. Identical as you would rdp from one windows device to another. This is assuming you already enabled wifi on the mobile so that you are on the same subnet. For basic testing, its easiest if the credentials used are a local admin on the target windows device and use the machine name again in the domain box.

Also, the rom I tested was v2. I cant recall if RDP was on the 6.5.5 rom.

I read this somewhere...

"If the Keyboard isnt working for you it's because you installed the .cab to your storage card. There are scancode files in it that MUST go in the \windows folder, but installing it to a storage card puts them in \Storage Card\Windows.

Uninstall and then reinstall to main storage and the keyboard (soft and hard) will work just fine."

Does that help?

Still a nice rom overall! Thanks!

Edited by omnia2tester

Guest amdzero
Hello to you friend!

Its similar to vnc except using native rdp within windows. In short you need to enable rdp on the target windows machine. Then enter ip/computername and credentials into the mobile client. Thats really it. Identical as you would rdp from one windows device to another. This is assuming you already enabled wifi on the mobile so that you are on the same subnet. For basic testing, its easiest if the credentials used are a local admin on the target windows device and use the machine name again in the domain box.

I read this somewhere...

"If the Keyboard isnt working for you it's because you installed the .cab to your storage card. There are scancode files in it that MUST go in the \windows folder, but installing it to a storage card puts them in \Storage Card\Windows.

Uninstall and then reinstall to main storage and the keyboard (soft and hard) will work just fine."

Does that help?

When cooking a rom ALL files go in the windows directory without exception. It is not possible to install these files to the storage card. Now with that being said you can copy these files after the first Hard Reset of the ROM. I don't have anything that copies the Remote stuff anywhere else but the windows dir. Looking in my kitchen there is a folder called RemoteDesktopMobile, but no lang_0409 folder. I'm wondering if the 3 files listed there are not found. Are you using Pocket IE to launch the remote session or a specific app?

try copying these files to the windows folder and let me know the outcome. RemoteDesktopMobile_Lang_0409.zip

Guest RoyalDrew
ooooooooh, so close I can taste it.

I have Lite version has 267MB free ROM.

I left Swype and the samsung dialer in. I don't like loosing my phone button so taking the dialer out is not an option for me. Swype is something I've grown to love and I couldn't live without it after trying the "stock" keyboard.

The only thing I don't have working is the GPS. It is in there I just don't know how to put the option back in to switch the "Location On". Anyone got ideas?

I can't help you with the GPS problem but i hope you're working these kinks out. I also prefer lite roms but, as winjo said, all the the core functionality should work yet yardi wants you to go find a dialer.

Anyways, I hope you're still working on this!

Guest amdzero
I can't help you with the GPS problem but i hope you're working these kinks out. I also prefer lite roms but, as winjo said, all the the core functionality should work yet yardi wants you to go find a dialer.

Anyways, I hope you're still working on this!

I'm going to release this as beta as I think I have everything functioning. Let me know if there are problems and I'll fix them, but so far it runs rather smooth. I almost don't want to make another base ROM LOL!

See first post.

Guest amdzero
Hello to you friend!

I read this somewhere...

Does that help?

BTW, I have not been cooking remote desktop in. There is a checkbox that has not been check during the cooking process, so it was removed. It will be in the next BASE release.

Guest RoyalDrew
I'm going to release this as beta as I think I have everything functioning. Let me know if there are problems and I'll fix them, but so far it runs rather smooth. I almost don't want to make another base ROM LOL!

See first post.

Seems to be very stable and responsive but there are a few issues i see so far(even though it's not really anything that hinders my normal activity). There are no settings for Power, Performance, Screen Brightness, and i guess any other Omnia II settings that came along with them.

I can't seem to find the setting to change the clock from 24hr to 12hr so that may not be there as well.

Also if it's possible to make a cab of your taskbar it might be better to start with the WM taskbar and offer the custom one as an addon if people wanted it.

Oh and your 1st post says 23564 is that a typo?

Edited by RoyalDrew

Guest amdzero
Seems to be very stable and responsive but there are a few issues i see so far(even though it's not really anything that hinders my normal activity). There are no settings for Power, Performance, Screen Brightness, and i guess any other Omnia II settings that came along with them.

I can't seem to find the setting to change the clock from 24hr to 12hr so that may not be there as well.

Also if it's possible to make a cab of your taskbar it might be better to start with the WM taskbar and offer the custom one as an addon if people wanted it.

Oh and your 1st post says 23564 is that a typo?

yup typo, and I took out ALL omnia 2 settings except the usb one so you can use it for mass storage driver. I think the power is in there still no?

Guest RoyalDrew
yup typo, and I took out ALL omnia 2 settings except the usb one so you can use it for mass storage driver. I think the power is in there still no?

post-540894-1272230893_thumb.jpgpost-540894-1272230908_thumb.jpgpost-540894-1272230915_thumb.jpgpost-540894-1272230943_thumb.jpg

Guest WinJo69

*Made a few edits to my comments* -

AMDZero - This is great! I really love the idea of striping it down to core functionality. It lets users pick there own customizations, but ensures all basic system abilities function. Just finished Testing Each button and option. Here are my findings. The Phone functions all work fine.

Some of this is real picky stuff, but I thought I would outline it all I found:

1. Setting Sound Adjustments - The options for Rings has a list, but many are not actually available on the phone, so it was failing. Once I selected a valid Ring Tone, it worked fine.

2. wifi - It works but seems a little glichy - can't put my finger on it. I get it to connect, but it takes a few tries.

3. Clock only option is military

4. IE Set it to about:blank as Default and wipe all the Favorites as they are junk or set with some useful favs!

5. I didn't check but for IE Set History, Cookies, Cache, Favorties to My Storage

6 Media Player - Need a default one. seems like MS is on it but not fully linked from Start Menu. Touch Player is nicer i.m.o.

7. Need a Photo Tool - Anything that lets you view your pics.

8. MS Office 10 - Word is there but thats it. plz add all ((and set as a panel - (Possibly?)))

9. If you add back in One Note it takes the place of NotePad so it can be removed.

10. Someone already pointed Out the Power Management missing - Brightness specifically. Some how I was able to get into all the other options, for Performance, Battery ,etc - (See 11.)

11. Also need to enable that sweet Icon bar of yours to make it selectable. It seems to work 50% of the time for a few seconds on bootup\restart - but then it locks back down again and stops working.

12. Empty the Temp Folder(s)

13 . Program Files\ ..... Bing junk and Facebook folder

14. \windws\fmradio2.exe - enable? or delete?

15. GPS - It seems like its all there, but I can't get Google Maps to get a lock? I tried every possible Rate and still no luck.

16. Videos don't play. Even within the Video Recorder\Camera.

Thanks again for you time and efforts!

Looking forward to next Iteration of this one!

I'm going to install some 'Tools'\'gadgets'\'apps' and how they perform and what other diagnostic stuff I can find!

I will stick with this one until the next version is available!

Edited by WinJo69

Guest mdkpnj

I installed the Verizon update. To save anyone else the confusion, I could not install it on a machine with the older Samsung MITS driver. On a PC with the default driver it worked without a hitch. With the older driver it got to 'waiting for restart' and went no further.

After that I flashed V3.2 of this rom. It looked really nice but then the problems started. As soon as I put in the titatanium panels I use, such as weather or ATContacts, it would no longer go into titanium. When I hit the home key or icon on the start screen I was left with a blank screen. Soft reset did not fix, I had to hard reset. Then it lost my phone number and I could not avctivate (*228 - 1). When I hard reset again I was able to active. Lastlt in one of those resets my Storage Card went - the Omnia would not see it at all. A different card works fine, but of course I've also flashed back to Yardi's rom.

Just thought I'd let folks know, I like the rom, but would be afraid to reflash without some sort of solutions to the above.

Thanks.

Guest kdkinc
I installed the Verizon update. To save anyone else the confusion, I could not install it on a machine with the older Samsung MITS driver. On a PC with the default driver it worked without a hitch. With the older driver it got to 'waiting for restart' and went no further.

After that I flashed V3.2 of this rom. It looked really nice but then the problems started. As soon as I put in the titatanium panels I use, such as weather or ATContacts, it would no longer go into titanium. When I hit the home key or icon on the start screen I was left with a blank screen. Soft reset did not fix, I had to hard reset. Then it lost my phone number and I could not avctivate (*228 - 1). When I hard reset again I was able to active. Lastlt in one of those resets my Storage Card went - the Omnia would not see it at all. A different card works fine, but of course I've also flashed back to Yardi's rom.

Just thought I'd let folks know, I like the rom, but would be afraid to reflash without some sort of solutions to the above.

Thanks.

LOL :huh:

Oh I know all to well !! However all I did was change usb ports,I have two on the front of my pc.

I guess ??? That the old XP drivers installed only on one port ??? So now I have a Flash port and a anything else port.

Sound right to you ??

:P :blink:

Guest RoyalDrew
AMDZero - This is great! I really love the idea of striping it down to core functionality. It lets users pick there own customizations, but ensures all basic system abilities function. Just finished Testing Each button and option. Here are my findings. The Phone functions all work fine.

Some of this is real picky stuff, but I thought I would outline it all I found:

1. Setting Sound Adjustments - The options for Rings has a list, but many are not actually available on the phone, so it was failing. Once I selected a valid Ring Tone, it worked fine.

2. wifi - It works but seems a little glichy - can't put my finger on it. I get it to connect, but it takes a few tries.

3. Clock only option is military

4. IE Set it to about:blank as Default and wipe all the Favorites as they are junk or set with some useful favs!

5. I didn't check but for IE Set History, Cookies, Cache, Favorties to My Storage

6 Media Player - Need a default one. seems like MS is on it but not fully linked from Start Menu. Touch Player is nicer i.m.o.

7. Need a Photo Tool - Anything that lets you view your pics.

8. MS Office 10 - Word is there but thats it. plz add all ((and set as a panel - (Possibly?)))

9. If you add back in One Note it takes the place of NotePad so it can be removed.

10. Someone already pointed Out the Power Management missing - Brightness specifically. Some how I was able to get into all the other options, for Performance, Battery ,etc - (See 11.)

11. Also need to enable that sweet Icon bar of yours to make it selectable. It seems to work 50% of the time for a few seconds on bootup\restart - but then it locks back down again and stops working.

12. Empty the Temp Folder(s)

13 . Program Files\ ..... Bing junk and Facebook folder

14. \windws\fmradio2.exe - enable? or delete?

15. GPS - It seems like its all there, but I can't get Google Maps to get a lock? I tried every possible Rate and still no luck.

Thanks again for you time and efforts!

Looking forward to next Iteration of this one!

I'm going to install some 'Tools'\'gadgets'\'apps' and how they perform and what other diagnostic stuff I can find!

I will stick with this one until the next version is available!

1. +1

2. haven't seen any problems with wifi but i only use it at work. connection seems normal to me.

3. +1

4. good idea if it's easy to do

5. good idea if it's easy to do

6. +1

7. +1

8. i only use outlook so..

9. ..

10. +1

11. +1

12. +1

13. +1

14. +1

15. i haven't had any trouble with gps. I use it with google maps, iGO8, and GCZii.

I deleted 3-4 things out of the startup folder to see if they were causing an issue with my spb home startup delay(figured it out and was not a problem with this ROM) and i was wondering what their purpose was. I forgot what the names exactly...

autodatapatch.exe? i haven't had any problems with data connection

bticonstart? standard bluetooth icon seems to come up

there was another that seemed to be something cooked in but i forgot what it was.

I was just wondering if they needed to be there for some reason or if it could also be something that was taken out.

Btw. I have had absolutely no problems with this ROM. It is very responsive and stable and close to perfect for me. The core functionality that i use day to day works perfectly. If we could get the these minor bugs fixed this will probably be the rom i stick with for a while. Thanks for the great work AMD!!

Guest amdzero
1. +1

2. haven't seen any problems with wifi but i only use it at work. connection seems normal to me.

3. +1

4. good idea if it's easy to do

5. good idea if it's easy to do

6. +1

7. +1

8. i only use outlook so..

9. ..

10. +1

11. +1

12. +1

13. +1

14. +1

15. i haven't had any trouble with gps. I use it with google maps, iGO8, and GCZii.

I deleted 3-4 things out of the startup folder to see if they were causing an issue with my spb home startup delay(figured it out and was not a problem with this ROM) and i was wondering what their purpose was. I forgot what the names exactly...

autodatapatch.exe? i haven't had any problems with data connection

bticonstart? standard bluetooth icon seems to come up

there was another that seemed to be something cooked in but i forgot what it was.

I was just wondering if they needed to be there for some reason or if it could also be something that was taken out.

Btw. I have had absolutely no problems with this ROM. It is very responsive and stable and close to perfect for me. The core functionality that i use day to day works perfectly. If we could get the these minor bugs fixed this will probably be the rom i stick with for a while. Thanks for the great work AMD!!

been a long day at work and I come home to find great suggestions for my Lite rom. I use move phone multiple times a day and to have it fully functional is my goal. First off I'll take a look at the 15 points laid out before me as I too have wanted to changes/slim things. I have no problems with GPS though, just make sure you turn it on under the phone settings. I'll probably end up putting samsung settings back in, as it is a deal breaker to completly take samsung settings out as I use the USB mass driver.

As far as the startup routines, there are probably some running at the begining. One is called bticon and that displays the colorful bluetooth icon in the task bar. I'll probably take that out as this is a Lite version. the autoclosepatch is not for data, but for memory. WinMo 6.5.x has the problem with stacking important drivers lower in the memory bank that should be allowed. Thats fine for everyday use, but when you load it lower and are finished with it, the program/dll unloads. When this happens the programs loaded above it are dumped as well. I found this very frustrating when using Opera Mobile and then switching to a new program/answering a phone call and then Opera closes behind the scenes when there is PLENTY of available ram still.

You can stop the process if it bothers you, but I found nothing wrong with them.

Guest WinJo69
been a long day at work and I come home to find great suggestions for my Lite rom. I use move phone multiple times a day and to have it fully functional is my goal. First off I'll take a look at the 15 points laid out before me as I too have wanted to changes/slim things. I have no problems with GPS though, just make sure you turn it on under the phone settings. I'll probably end up putting samsung settings back in, as it is a deal breaker to completly take samsung settings out as I use the USB mass driver.

As far as the startup routines, there are probably some running at the begining. One is called bticon and that displays the colorful bluetooth icon in the task bar. I'll probably take that out as this is a Lite version. the autoclosepatch is not for data, but for memory. WinMo 6.5.x has the problem with stacking important drivers lower in the memory bank that should be allowed. Thats fine for everyday use, but when you load it lower and are finished with it, the program/dll unloads. When this happens the programs loaded above it are dumped as well. I found this very frustrating when using Opera Mobile and then switching to a new program/answering a phone call and then Opera closes behind the scenes when there is PLENTY of available ram still.

You can stop the process if it bothers you, but I found nothing wrong with them.

AMDZero - Looking forward to your next build!

I did some more testing and Checking on things with SKTools and a few others. These are real nitty gritty, and many will be adressed with the above tweaks. anyway here goes:

CubicWMPlayer.exe - Missing\Removed - not linked - If its dead, there are still a few hooks.

Nothing to play the Videos recorded or View Pictures taken.

DivX Format Video Decoder - Missing -

All Multimedia files - Decoders missing or associations broken, or links broken, formats orphand. No apps for associations.

Orphanded associations for Excel, PPT, etc, Office File apps.

Residual Opera Keys - Harmless, but in there - didn't look for the files referenced by the reg keys

Residual CityID Keys, Harmless, but in there

MSSQLServer Lite - Lots of Orphand reg keys - Harmless, but in there

Plugin installer? - Might be broken - I've never used it but the reg keys\links are identifed as bad.

Icon Definitions in Registry - all broken links - Its just residual from Junk you removed I have not looked for the actual files for associations.

help.lnk

modemlink.lnk

msn money.lnk

Office Mobile.lnk

Search Phone.lnk

Windows Live.lnk

bing.lnk

Getting Started.lnk

messenger.lnk

msn Weather.lnk

Assorted 'Empty Folders' or Zero byte files.

I know its hard to strike a balance. Always using the Windows Based apps is ideal as they are the hardest to get rid of them fully. The Multimedia components have got to be the most difficult to balance like this. For example. Touch Player is very nice, but its got a big foot print. Is it possible to put it in and rip out the windows media player? (No idea?) is it possible to Move it to 'My Storage'? again no idea. - I've done A LOT of tweaking and customizations for Wintel Desktops and Servers, so I know what possible with enough effort. I've been doing it for Corporate America for 12 years. But this is a new language for me. Still doing a lot of reading and breaking of stuff to figure out how to cook!

Best of luck to you with your efforts on this one. I really look for forward to the results!

Guest WinJo69

btw. I have had absolutely no problems with this ROM. It is very responsive and stable and close to perfect for me. The core functionality that i use day to day works perfectly. If we could get the these minor bugs fixed this will probably be the rom i stick with for a while. Thanks for the great work AMD!!

I'm I missing where to Enable Location in GPS? Looked for it for a while now and obviously I am missing it. I little direction for the blind guy please!

Thanks in Advance!

Guest amdzero
I'm I missing where to Enable Location in GPS? Looked for it for a while now and obviously I am missing it. I little direction for the blind guy please!

Thanks in Advance!

Settings->Personal->Phone->Services(tab)->GPS (Change Settings)->Location On

you will have to use the ok "button" on the phone as the on screen button won't let you exit. This is a known bug with 6.5.x

I'm addressing your issues, btw, and I'm working on a cab now for the taskbar icons that I use.

Guest WinJo69
Settings->Personal->Phone->Services(tab)->GPS (Change Settings)->Location On

you will have to use the ok "button" on the phone as the on screen button won't let you exit. This is a known bug with 6.5.x

I'm addressing your issues, btw, and I'm working on a cab now for the taskbar icons that I use.

You rock!

Btw - I think I have a Problem - is there a 5 step program for those of us addicted to tweaking their phone! (lol)

Guest amdzero
You rock!

Btw - I think I have a Problem - is there a 5 step program for those of us addicted to tweaking their phone! (lol)

If there is, I still haven't found it!

Guest amdzero
If there is, I still haven't found it!

I'm running into a problem with mms. Does my other rom allow sending mms video in the camera program?

Guest WinJo69
I'm running into a problem with mms. Does my other rom allow sending mms video in the camera program?

Not in the current Lite Version. When I try to do it from a video I record the MMS Option is Grayed out. When in an SMS message and I try to add a File it prompts me to switch it to an MMS message but the Yes\No seems to be invisable. If I 'feel' around on the screen I do see the yes\no options, but when I choose Yes it converts but does not give me the ability to actually add the file. If I go to the folder and click on file directly I can only send it as an email attachment. (Looks like I missed this in my testing too) - I guess since Multimedia was so limited I didn't even consider it. I will load your full ROM and validate if its working in there. Give me an hour to do it.

Edited by WinJo69

Guest WinJo69

Ok so it works perfectly in you Full Build, regardless of path taken to use MMS

In your Lite Beta Release it does not work, I tried evey possible method to add a video to an MMS, does not work.

Guest amdzero
Ok so it works perfectly in you Full Build, regardless of path taken to use MMS

In your Lite Beta Release it does not work, I tried evey possible method to add a video to an MMS, does not work.

Thanks WinJo!

Okay I found a problem with mms in general, not just sending video. I personally don't use mms, but since This rom would be for more than just me, I'll try to fix it before the next release.