T-Mobile's New Tariffs & Price "Refresh" Part 2 - Full Details!

Guest tsutton

Guest tsutton

[teaser]

thumb_30-Jan-2010_TMobileLogo_5.jpg

T-Mobile's New Tariffs & Price "Refresh" Part 2 - Full Details!

So, here it is, the details of the new T-Mobile's Tariffs & Prices that you've been waiting for. However I would like to point out that anything could have changed between the time I received this details (last week) and the official T-Mobile's announcement/press release which is due on Monday 1st Feb 2010. So the details below may or may not be 100% correct. But I am pretty sure most of them are correct as it came from a very good source.

As soon as T-Mobile posts their full Press Release, it will be posted here too.

NOW INCLUDED WITH PRICE LISTING - CLICK FOR FURTHER DETAILS!

Now that we got it out of the way, here's the details that you've been waiting for...[/teaser]

Pay monthly (Replacing Combi and Flext)

• Customers can get fixed minutes and text deals on the following monthly costs - £10, £15, £20, £25, £30, £35 and £40 (24 month contracts)
  • The deals will also be available on 18 month contracts for an additional £5 per month.
    • Customers can get fixed minutes and text deals on the following monthly costs - £10, £15, £20 and £25.
    • Customers can sign up for all tariffs on the 30 day rolling plan and £15, £20 and £25 on the 12 month plan.

Flexible Boosters

Customers will now get a Flexible booster in addition to their text and minutes as part of their contract, which they can change each month. The flexible boosters include:

[*]Unlimited texts

[*]Unlimited internet

[*]Unlimited landline talk

[*]Unlimited T-Mobile talk

[*]Euro talk & text

[*]USA & Canada talk

[*]Europe & Amsterdam talk

Customers can ALSO buy another booster in addition to the one with their contract for only £5 extra a month.

I do not have the details with regarding to number of minutes, number of texts, etc, so it's all down to T-Mobile to provide you with the information as soon as they've launched their new/updated website. At the moment, the T-Mobile website is unavilable, which I suspect is because they're updating it with some new details of the new tariffs. Exciting stuff! :)

31-Jan-2010_t-mobile.png

Once it's back up, hopefully we will see the details of what they're offering.

So who's not liking the idea of Flext/Combi being dropped? Or do you like the new tariffs deals? Will T-Mobile keep the existing Flext/Combi for existing customers who are still on contract?

The floor is open for discussion! B)

Guest Confucious

When I got divorced some women liked to talk, some to text, flext was great. Now I'm married again it's not so important but I still like flext.

Is there anything here to tempt me away from flext35 and W'n'W Plus for £20.15/month?

I think not.

When I got divorced some women liked to talk, some to text, flext was great. Now I'm married again it's not so important but I still like flext.

Is there anything here to tempt me away from flext35 and W'n'W Plus for £20.15/month?

I think not.

Where can you get Flext35 for £20.15 on a new contract ?

Guest sockatume

Any indication of a change in T-Mo's HSDPA policy with this restructuring? Currently they're restricting it to Web'n'Walk Plus customers (to my considerable chagrin when I realised some 12 months into my contract!), and with this new Booster system it's not clear how it's going to work. On the same note, any word on whether Tethering is going to be permitted with any of the add-ons, or is it going to be another one?

Guest tsutton

Some updated details...

Pay Monthly Price Plans - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phon...ns/pay-monthly/*

Pay As You Go Price Plans - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phon.../pay-as-you-go/*

All of the details about the Boosters and Fair Use Policy can now be found at:

Pay as you go Boosters - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/boosters-tsandcs-payg/

Pay monthly Boosters - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/boosters-tsandcs/

Internet Fair use policy - http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/uk/fairuse/

What are Flexible Boosters?

If you joined T-Mobile or moved onto a new price plan on or after 1 February 2010 a Flexible Booster is part of your package.

Flexible Boosters are what you need to build the perfect package to suit your needs. More texts, more minutes, internet on your phone or roaming - it's up to you.

If things change for you, you can change your Flexible Boosters every 30 days if you like. Simple.

Always On Internet

If your phone needs an 'always-on' internet connection, internet will be included in your price plan, so you can choose a different Flexible Booster. This will be highlighted on the phone overview page.

Blackberry E-mail

To get BlackBerry email, you will need the £5 BlackBerry® Email Flexible Booster. We'll add it to your basket for you, but remember that this is in addition to each BlackBerry price plan.

Now let get all of the details together to summary it up for your easy viewing. (details as of 1st Feb, 7:50am)

Pay Monthly Tariff with New Phone

£10 = 100 minutes & 100 texts (24 months contract) - 4 Free Phones to choose

£15 = 100 minutes & 100 texts (18 months contract) - 4 Free Phones to choose

£15 = 100 minutes & 100 texts (24 months contract) - 8 Free Phones to choose

£15 = 300 minutes & 300 texts (24 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£20 = 300 minutes & 300 texts (18 months contract) - 8 Free Phones to choose

£20 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - 6 Free Phones to choose

£20 = 100 minutes & 100 texts (18 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£20 = 300 minutes & 300 texts (24 months contract) - 5 Free Phones to choose

£25 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (18 months contract) - 6 Free Phones to choose

£25 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - 14 Free Phones to choose

£25 = 300 minutes & 300 texts (24 months contract) - INTERNET INCLUDED - 5 Free Phones to choose

£25 = 300 minutes & 300 texts (18 months contract) - 4 Free Phones to choose

£25 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£30 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (18 months contract) - 14 Free Phones to choose

£30 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£30 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - INTERNET INCLUDED - 9 Free Phones to choose

£30 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (18 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£35 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (18 months contract) - 2 Free Phones to choose

£35 = 1200 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - 22 Free Phones to choose

£35 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (24 months contract) - INTERNET INCLUDED - 7 Free Phones to choose

£40 = 1200 minutes & 500 texts (18 months contract) - 22 Free Phones to choose

Please note - the "Free Phones To Choose" is as of the time of this writing - 7:45am, 1st Feb 2010 - this may change!

Pay Monthly Tariff - SIM ONLY

£10 = 100 minutes & 100 texts (30 Days)

£15 = 350 minutes & Unlimited texts (30 Days) - No Flexible Booster!

£15 = 350 minutes & 300 texts (30 Days)

£15 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (12 months)

£20 = 600 minutes & 200 texts (30 Days) - INTERNET INCLUDED - No Flexible Booster!

£20 = 600 minutes & 500 texts (30 Days)

£20 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (12 months)

£25 = 900 minutes & 500 texts (30 Days)

£25 = 1200 minutes & 500 texts (12 months)

More details to come when I have them...

Guest mstephenson

Not sure there's anything to tempt me here.

I'm looking to get an HD2 when my contract runs out, best deal i've found so far is on Virgin which is an 18 month contract at £25 a month including 500 minutes, unlimited texts (fair use policy of 3,000 texts) and unlimited internet (fair use policy of 1gb).

Making up a similar deal on T-Mob the best I can come up with is a £20 a month contract for 18 months, adding unlimited texts as the free booster and then adding unlimited internet for £5 a month. This makes the same price per month but not only leaves me well short on minutes (which isn't so much of an issue, i'll probably still have more than I'll need) but the HD2 itself will cost £89.99 on Virgin and either £172 or £206 on T-Mob.

Anyone know the likelihood of me getting a similar deal on T-Mob when I ring them at the end of my contract?

Guest tsutton
Anyone know the likelihood of me getting a similar deal on T-Mob when I ring them at the end of my contract?

Might be worth telling them that for the same price, Virgin can do HD2 at 89.99 and see what they come up with!

Guest mstephenson
Might be worth telling them that for the same price, Virgin can do HD2 at 89.99 and see what they come up with!

Cheers, I shall give them a ring if my impatience doesn't get too much and I end up ordering it on Virgin before my contract expires!

I've never really done much haggling/negotiating over renewals so I just wondered if anyone knew how much they're typically able to knock off the price. At least I have a good offer to fall back on should they be unable to match it :)

Guest sxywill2005

I am semi disappointed with the SIM only fixed deal.

They used to give you the same number of texts and unlimited internet as the normal SIM only 30 day rolling.

I have a problem now... I have a Nexus One being shipped, but the tariff I wanted is no longer available.

I have seen on 3 that they offer a £0 credit limit allowing you to not go over your bill, however the max they do is £15 which comes with 300 minutes.

Guest shadamehr

DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN DAMN...

They've spoiled the party... (and this is not looking at you Tony, you only reported what info you had).

Alas it DOES NOT work the way the initial info would have you think.

Let me explain...

The initial info makes you think that you simply pick a plan, at whatever price point you want, and then choose a free booster.

Then, when all done, you can elect to pay an additional £5 a month, to turn it from a 24 month contract, to an 18 month one.

Alas, this is NOT the case... You don't add this as it were, at the end, as a final step or option.

Instead, the tariff LENGTH is already specified in the price point you choose - if you choose "I want a £25 tariff", then it shows some 18 month tariffs, AS WELL as showing some 24 month tariffs.

And why is this significant, you say...?

Well, it's massively significant let - me show you...

I THOUGHT I had found the ideal ideal tariff for my son...

Go to the £25 tariffs, and you will see one listed that includes 300 minutes, and 300 texts, BUT as it's for "web based devices", it ALSO comes with unlimited internet FREE out-with of the free booster you can choose.

So you get 300 minutes, can choose UNLIMITED texts as your FREE booster, and it ALREADY comes with FREE internet as part of this package. The only problem being that it is a 24 month contract.

No problem thought I - I will just pay the £5 extra each month, to make it an 18 month deal.

Alas YOU CAN'T - as like I say, it DOESN'T work the way we first expected, where you choose to do this yourself.

And having checked, no equivalent tariff exists at the £30 price point. There is one with Free Internet already, but it's STILL a 24 month contract, it merely comes with more free initial minutes and texts.

So they have really messed up what they themselves has described as a Chinese Menu approach. Damn, damn, damn and double damnation!

In fact, the overall failings:

The initial price you choose - in my opinion, the way this all should have worked, in order to allow you direct COMPARISON, is that you get more minutes and texts, as the price point rises.

INSTEAD however, for each price point, you get a RANGE of included minutes and text allowance (notwithstanding that you can also go 18 month or 24, but even for each period, there is still a CHOICE of tariffs with more minutes and texts).

How they have done this - varied what you get, even at the same price point, is by varying the PHONES you can choose for each package - and this has never really been done before in such a way.

It is also supremely confusing, because if you instead start by the "Choose a phone first" route, you can then see ALL packages, with a variable cost against each for the phone you want.

So T-Mobile have REALLY messed this up.

The Price point should be all that amends the number of free voice and minutes you get - so for £10 you get x amount of each, for £15 you get y, and for £20 you get z and so on.

Then you choose your phone, and see if there is a cost or not to add (and if there is, you consider the next price point up instead, for those like me who prefer to spread the cost, instead of a fee up front).

Then you choose your booster...

Then you decide if you want to pay £5 to turn it into a 18 month shorter contract.

Now THAT my friends, that WOULD have been a GREAT shake-up of the market.

But what T-mobile have done.... it's just so messy, disjointed, and far from bespoke - it's still in truth, just as off-the-shelf as ever, as my own example clearly shows - and trust ME to be the one to see the major failing in their new approach - it would have to be the tariff I initially wanted. Damnation to you T-Mobile!

Edited by shadamehr

Guest agent.m
Not sure there's anything to tempt me here.

I'm looking to get an HD2 when my contract runs out, best deal i've found so far is on Virgin which is an 18 month contract at £25 a month including 500 minutes, unlimited texts (fair use policy of 3,000 texts) and unlimited internet (fair use policy of 1gb).

Making up a similar deal on T-Mob the best I can come up with is a £20 a month contract for 18 months, adding unlimited texts as the free booster and then adding unlimited internet for £5 a month. This makes the same price per month but not only leaves me well short on minutes (which isn't so much of an issue, i'll probably still have more than I'll need) but the HD2 itself will cost £89.99 on Virgin and either £172 or £206 on T-Mob.

Hope this isnt stating the obvious but make sure you talk to the cancellation team :)

Guest sockatume

I can confirm that with the elimination of the Web'n'Walk add-ons, there is no "phone-as-modem" option for standard customers. It's now a business feature only. There doesn't appear to be a way to increase your bandwidth allowance either, or to request HSDPA.

I rang T- Mobile last Wednesday to check a few things before placing an order for a HD2 on FlexT 40 through Quidco.

After being distracted by the girl on the end of the phone B) , I placed the order with her and hung up.... then realised 5 minutes later I was meant to order it via Quidco ....dammmm :) .

I thought the 7 day cooling off would allow me to return it and start again

But with no FlexT anymore, I think I'll be keeping it ! Glad I got in there! :D

Guest tsutton
I can confirm that with the elimination of the Web'n'Walk add-ons, there is no "phone-as-modem" option for standard customers. It's now a business feature only. There doesn't appear to be a way to increase your bandwidth allowance either, or to request HSDPA.

Thanks for the additional details. Interesting about phone-as-modem & HSDPA.

Guest shadamehr
Thanks for the additional details. Interesting about phone-as-modem & HSDPA.

I had thought that since Flext 2009 (the one with inclusive 08 calls etc), that all "Internet" was now 3.5G...?

So I would have THOUGHT, that the new Internet Bundle would be 3.5G too.

BUT, from my first call already of the day, from T-mobile Retentions, it seems I was wrong about a good good many things, so don't hold me to that....

And I have been told twice now, that Retentions cannot offer ANYTHING additional to stop you PAC'ing off out today, than that the standard new tariffs on the web, available to new customers. So if the phone you want is listed as with a price to it, Retentions are claiming they can't do ANYTHING to offer a discount for existing users - even one with a current 25% off for life, on their Flext account. If true, and it certainly seems it, then T-Mobile are placing a HUGE amount of stock in their new tariffs being 'so desirable' that no other discounts are needed.

WRONGLY placing so much stock in this trust, if you ask me, for sure!

Guest sockatume

I should point out I'm not confirming that based on any special info, just based on what T-Mo are offering and what Customer Service have told me. If HSDPA's being included with Flext or the new plans now, nobody's told the agents I've spoken to.

Edited by sockatume

Guest sockatume

Some of the price options are staggeringly illogical. At £20/month/18, you can get either 300/300 with a booster and 8 free phones, or 100/100 with a booster and only 2 free phones, but some of the handsets are £30 cheaper.

Edited by sockatume

Guest sockatume

Ah-hah! It seems there is an Internet Plus Booster after all, but only if you're after an Android or WinMo device. It's mandatory on that plan. It's not clear what it comes with because it's referred to nowhere else on T-Mobile's entire web site. I'll grab another customer service rep and see if I can't clear that up.

However on further investigation, there is an Internet Plus booster on PAYG which seems to be the regular old Internet Booster that Monthly customers get in all but name (1GB limit, no P2P, tethering, VoIP).

Edited by sockatume

Guest mstephenson

Is it just me or is all this a bit confusing?!

I'm not sure if this is what sockatume is getting at in the post above but it seems different tariffs show up. I originally looked up the price plan first and then looked at the available phones and prices under that plan. However I've just done it the other way round (select phone then plan) and the same deal at the same price now suddenly includes free internet and I still have a free booster :)

Guest sockatume

Even I'm not sure what I mean here. T-Mo's new system means well, but it's cut some features, obscured others, and it needs some tweaking before it all makes any sense.

Guest shadamehr
Ah-hah! It seems there is an Internet Plus Booster after all, but only if you're after an Android or WinMo device. It's mandatory on that plan. It's not clear what it comes with because it's referred to nowhere else on T-Mobile's entire web site. I'll grab another customer service rep and see if I can't clear that up.

However on further investigation, there is an Internet Plus booster on PAYG which seems to be the regular old Internet Booster that Monthly customers get in all but name (1GB limit, no P2P, tethering, VoIP).

Not so...(quite exactly)

CERTAIN devices are classed as "Mobile Connected Devices/Internet Devices", by T-Mobile, but if you search carefully, you'll see it's not JUST WinMo and Android, hence my new Nokia E72 coming tomorrow!

As such though, all it means is that with these specific select devices, there are packages at the £25 and above price points, on 24 month ONLY, that ALREADY come with the Internet Bundle (the same standard one as can be added as one of your options) included FOR FREE.

Thus saving you £5 as you ALSO get the free optional choosable bundle as well.

I say this, as I have just DONE exactly this today, for my new E72 arriving tomorrow.

To be fair though I was going to post about this very thing, as following no less than THREE calls from Retentions today, not a single one of them knew about this option/tariff/package, and every single one of them offered me a "best possible deal to stay", that wasn't even half as good as this very package, that exists for ALL to take up, without even needing any special discounts, or extra credits etc from Retentions.

In short, I told every single one of them, about a package that was in effect FAR BETTER than the "best" deal they could specially put together for me, that readily exists off the shelf without any extra discounts or intervention form them!

Go figure.

If you are looking for it, start by first choosing one of the WinMo or Android devices it applies to, or alternatively the Nokia E72 (there are sure to be other phones it applies to as well). Then choose a £25 month option. Then in the list of packages, you should see one of them, at 24 months, that not only includes the standard free bundle option, but ALSO already included "Unlimited Internet" bundle too.

Shame it's a 24 month contract, but a brand new Nokia E72, with 300 minute, 300 texts, free unlimited internet, and ANOTHER free additional bundle of your own choice, such as unlimited text for example to cover the 300 limit already included, for just £25 a month, is not too bad I guess, and the reason I finally decided not to ask for my PAC code.

VERY poor show however that THREE separate Retentions Staff did not even know of the existence of this, and that it had to have ME guide them through what to click on the website, speaks VOLUMES of T-Mobile's Staff Training in advance of these tariff changes coming in!

One final thing... on this special tariff, if you decide to change and move (up only of course, as that's all that's really allowed now) to a different tariff, you will LOSE the free internet, as this is a special tariff that includes it free - so any change, will lose it.

Guest shadamehr
Is it just me or is all this a bit confusing?!

I'm not sure if this is what sockatume is getting at in the post above but it seems different tariffs show up. I originally looked up the price plan first and then looked at the available phones and prices under that plan. However I've just done it the other way round (select phone then plan) and the same deal at the same price now suddenly includes free internet and I still have a free booster :)

Yup - see my post above for a fuller explanation.

In short though, exactly correct what you say...

Start out by choosing the PLAN, not the phone, and you see only the standard plans.

HOWEVER, start instead by choosing the PHONE first, and then seeing what plans exist, and you MAY see different plans listed, as for the "Internet Devices" as I mention in my post above, you then see these special plans listed.

They are not shown if you start by listing plans first, as they are NOT standard plans - they ONLY exist for certain "Connected Devices" (mainly WinMo and Android, but as I pointed out, it includes the Nokia E72, and sure to be others).

Whilst this sounds daft, in truth, it's the only logical approach... No point offering plans that are NOT available, if you search for plans first.

So you need to start with your intended handset, and THEN see what plans are offered. And if you picked one of the magic handsets, you win a secret prize (well ok, you get offered the special value plan that already has free unlimited internet at no extra cost *lol*)

Even I'm not sure what I mean here. T-Mo's new system means well, but it's cut some features, obscured others, and it needs some tweaking before it all makes any sense.

I think it's VERY fair to say that I believe I have a FAR better understanding of the new T-mobile plans by far, than not only T-Mobile's CS Staff, but even their specialist Retentions Team (which is now separated from Upgrades Team again too, so you would at least expect THEM to know *lol*)

Certainly it's confusing given it's newness, but as I said, there is a very GOOD reason why you don't see these special plans, if you start by listing the plans first - because they are ONLY available for certain "magic" devices.

So you need to start with the handset first, and THEN see what PLANS it offers, to see if one of the magic ones appears.

See my previous post above though, for a better explanation.

And cheers all of you, for the handy info you are adding to this thread, for sure guys!

Guest mstephenson

Excellent summary shadamehr, as you say it seems you know more about these deals than T-Mob themselves! Maybe you should apply for a job there? :)

Just one point....

As such though, all it means is that with these specific select devices, there are packages at the £25 and above price points, on 24 month ONLY, that ALREADY come with the Internet Bundle (the same standard one as can be added as one of your options) included FOR FREE.

I think this varies between handsets. When I looked up the HD2 the internet bundle is inluded free in ALL contracts, right the way up from the £10 a month deal and includes 18 month contracts as well.

Now i've studied the deals a bit more i'm a lot happier. I've always paid more than I really need to per month to get a cheap/free phone but now i'm thinking of getting the HD2 on the £10 a month deal. Ok the phone will cost me £241 but i'll be saving £30 every month which adds up to a far better deal. From what I can tell that £10 would get me free internet and then I can use the free booster for unlimited texts which is all I need really.

As recently as yesterday I was saying I'll never sign up to a 24 month contract but at £10 it's really not much of an issue.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.