• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

TG01 Pictues & Video / Camera Interferance

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have noticed a tendency for the Camera to repeatedly start / re-start by itself when Pictures & Video is opened (or the camera is deliberately started and then you go back to Pics & Video).

Thus when trying to browse / select an image eg. for a screen background from elsewhere under the OS or another application, it becomes impossible to stay in the picture browser as the camera pops up very few seconds. Hit 'Close' X top right and it goes away momentarily but as soon as you start to use P&V again, the Windows spinning balls reappear and back comes the camera...

Has anyone else expereinced this phonomena and if so, request advise any further understanding / fix ?

When this started initially, I cured with an HR but has re-surfaced; I'm thinking is triggered by some other App software interaction, but as yet not pursued detailed diagnosis.

Regards,

Kevin

Edited by kevinpwhite

Posted

Hi Kevin,

can't help much i'm afarid....

my HD2 work phone has started doing something vaguely similar (well the oeprsite actually - when you pres the camera button the camera arrives, briefly & then closes again - it refuses to stay open for more than about 2 secs)

i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

good luck

Posted

I'm not sure ,but something related of happened to me...(or not?!!).

Let's talk about...

Posted

...i traced this down to SPB shell 3.5, so perhaps this is a clue to your problem.... (if you have a SPB product installed)

SPB backup has been variable on my TG as well.... Didn't try Shell 3.5 on the TG tho (don't need it on my own phone)

Adam,

I think almsot certain is one or more apps not playing nicely with each other.... I have Mobile Shell 3.5.3 running; the first time I noticed the issue was after having tried out a number of different apps on top of my 'gold build' to that point; have since added other (Ithink stable) apps to that GB but then again been playing about with different apps and settings, etc. Looks like I need to roll back to the last GB and see if it is still there. BTW I'm using Sprite Backup - have read elsewhere of problems with that but I've found absolutely fine apart from that it won't successfully retain / apply the SIM unlock PIN when restarting.

Regards,

Kevin