21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Nesousx
Am I right:

Installing Pauls Stock ROM and Updating with this here gives me an MoDaCo ROM as known last from Hero?

I don't know....shall I wait for Online Kitchen for Complete MCR ROM...? Now I'm with latest Cyanogen.

You are right! However, make sure the Pauls Stock ROM you are talking about is the ERE27 one. Obvious, but better mention it.

And if you have issue with keyboard (like no keyboard) bake Voice Search in the "Stock rom".

Guest Nesousx
Do I have to wipe, when I'm coming from cyanogen?

And: For furthre releases from Paul: Must I wipe again?

Just for your information, I did not wipe from Cyanogen 5.0 beta4 (without the ERE27 update), I forgot. Then I installed the "stock with radio and highmem" from Paul's Kitchen, then the MCR from this thread. Been 2 days now, working like a charm.

Edited by Nesousx

Beta 2 now online. You must flash the stock ERE27 zip before flashing!

Beta 2 includes a new custom kernel which fixes issues some people have been having with mass storage.

P

Beta 2 includes a new custom kernel which fixes issues some people have been having with mass storage.

P

Request: http://www.xefteri.com/articles/show.cfm?id=8

Is there any way that something like that idea of code could be implemented. On my mytouch I had an application called dowload crutch that allowed any type of file to be downloaded from the browser. The practical use of such a feature now Woolf be to let me download the zip file of this new beta directly from the internet to my phone allowing a very primitive "OTA" update method =X

Please =) for future knowledge, where should I post these types of requests?

Also, for future requests like these, for your benefit, where should I put these requests??

Guest metatron

P

Hmm, that update seems to have killed my wifi

Guest proengin

It killed my wifi too after aborted flash for missing something symbol.

I installed ByteTornado Downloader from the market, then I was able to download the ROM directly to my device.

P

Guest metatron
Just start again and you'll be fine.

Stock ERE27 -> MCR 1.5 -> done.

P

By stock, you mean the non rooted original ? or is one from the kitchen okay ? I flashed this over the top of beta 1, so I am guessing thats what I did wrong ?

Guest proengin

Thanks. I did the stock ERE27 kitchen update + MCR 1.5 and worked.

Just start again and you'll be fine.

Stock ERE27 -> MCR 1.5 -> done.

P

Edited by proengin

Guest metatron
The one from the kitchen should be fine...?

You flashed this over the top of Beta 1? Did you read what I posted?

P

Yup, I just didnt parse it right. Got it sorted now, beta 2 up and running. Thanks Paul.

Guest Nesousx

I have a "big" request for the incoming kitchen and/or MCR roms. Could you add extra ringtones (the one form Cyanogen) please?

I just installed beta2 and realized I have to reinstall manually my ringtones (the one I extracted from Hero/Nexus Cyanogen rom).

Guest nethium

I just installed this. Wifi tether is working great.

I installed something from your kitchen (superboot himem and radio, after doing the RA recovery image installation)

So not sure what this is related to, but the home key and the search key do nothing when pressed, they give a haptic response, but do not launch anything.

What do you guys think I should do? It's not a big deal the phone is running great, but it is unnerving to lose 50% of your function keys.

Any suggestions are really appreciated.

Ken