21/May r15 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for Nexus One with Online Kitchen - EPF30 Eclair

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest bobchadwick
I'm still trying to solve the MAPS issue, I cant uninstall it from applications in settings (no uninstall button). Any fix that can be applied on phone?

I had the same issue. I solved it by uninstalling Maps by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and choosing Maps, then Uninstall. Then I was able to install Maps from Market.

Guest Stea1thmode
Those having troubles, do you have the .htcime file in the root of your sdcard? That might be a problem and easy fix.

I haven't flashed this one yet, but you could try just heading over the xda forum, downloading the latest version and installing the files via a file manager or adb.

Pretty easy to do.

Report back if that fixes it for you.

soughted! did the trick, thanks man :(

Guest DistortedLoop
yeh, thinking of that, however, the HTC IME file was added extra using the kiction.

Thanks 4 ur help

nice one, didn't noticed there's a new version out today

I think Paul's got the latest version in the kitchen, but I'm not sure that he pushes the .htcime config file over to the sdcard, which might impact you if you've never installed the app manually before.

Also, those having crashes, try running logcat and looking at the output during the crash. That's how Jonas and I figured out some force close issues I had when I improperly installed this switching from MCR to CM5 earlier this week.

Guest Formel-LMS

But if you miss a call, the trackball don't flash (it flash twice but stops then!)

Paul, there is something strange with it.

Edited by Formel-LMS

Guest Stea1thmode
With trackballcolornotify from the xda developers it works and with gmail notification from Market it works, too.

yeh,ur right this has also been noted over at XDA

s***, replied to wrong post. It was meant to be for the one before this one.

Edited by Stea1thmode

Guest DistortedLoop
Oh, you HAVE to have the .htcime file? :(

P

I don't know. It's just the config file that tells it what language to use.

I could delete mine and see if it works without it if you want.

EDIT: renamed it, rebooted, no change for me. Still works with it renamed. Looks like you probably don't. Why does it exist if you don't need it...? LOL

Edited by DistortedLoop

Guest DistortedLoop
soughted! did the trick, thanks man :(

Which did the trick, just installing the files manually, or adding the .htcime file to sdcard? Trying now to see if that .htcime is necessary or not.

Thanks.

Guest krohnjw

Edit: NM - the new maps and the possible issues with the trackball notification holding a wakelock the entire time a notification is pending means this likely isn't for me :( Appreciate the continued effort though.

Any chance of getting some kitchen options to leave out the trackball notifications/colors?

Edited by krohnjw

Guest Stea1thmode
Which did the trick, just installing the files manually, or adding the .htcime file to sdcard? Trying now to see if that .htcime is necessary or not.

Thanks.

unistalled then adding the files to sd card :(

Guest smonme
I had the same issue. I solved it by uninstalling Maps by going to Settings>Applications>Manage applications, and choosing Maps, then Uninstall. Then I was able to install Maps from Market.

i cant unsintall mine, that option isnt available..

Guest mattyv316
i cant unsintall mine, that option isnt available..

Same here. I do not have a Maps app to uninstall. Anyone have any other methods of getting Google Maps working again?

Guest Formel-LMS

Whats with the power drain??

At Night (7,5 hrs) it took 23%!!! It was not the airplane mode, but the last ROM takes 2% in the same time.

I think it's because of the coloured Trackball. I have become an Email and at night the trackball flashes.

Spare Parts says that the Nexus cant sleep for 98% of the Time (at night when I have slept)

Android System has take him to wake. No other app or so.

Please, thats awful.

Guest teknologist

At Night (7,5 hrs) it took 23%!!! It was not the airplane mode, but the last ROM takes 2% in the same time.

I think it's because of the coloured Trackball. I have become an Email and at night the trackball flashes.

Spare Parts says that the Nexus cant sleep for 98% of the Time (at night when I have slept)

Android System has take him to wake. No other app or so.

Please, thats awful.

I don't have that problem. In my case spare parts says the phone was awake only 2.7% of the time...and I didn't loose more than 3-4% of battery this night!

Also had been using trackball colors and sequential notify with tCK0.7 on CyanogenMod 5.4.1 for over a week and din't feel that neither ...

Weird....

Edited by teknologist

Has anyone noticed problems with root access/su access with MCR 1.8. It seems to work sometimes and sometimes it thinks long and then puts on FC on the program

Guest Formel-LMS

Hm, strange.

Next problem:

I have a headphone plugged in to make some calls while driving. Then put them off and the music starts to play...

@teknologist: have you received an e mail tonight?

I think its because of the tweak with the track ball flashing circel.

Hm, strange.

Next problem:

I have a headphone plugged in to make some calls while driving. Then put them off and the music starts to play...

Same happens to me sometimes. This bug has been in almost every rom I have tested. And it's very irregular to happen...sometimes music starts to play, sometimes doesn't...wierd

Guest teknologist
Hm, strange.

Next problem:

@teknologist: have you received an e mail tonight?

I think its because of the tweak with the track ball flashing circel.

Yes I have received around 10 emails (Gmail & K9Mail)...

[EDIT] I have double checked and can confirm after examining Battery stats (and comparing with earlier data as I have been logging everything since Feb 5, 2010) I don't see anything abnormal in battery drain.

Edited by teknologist

Confirm.

Guest wjaxxx

Hi all,

Teknologist, do you have a Git repo in order to get your kernel source and .config files?

I like the way you tune the things (Modaco and you) for stability. But I would like to play a little with Underclock kernel to save battry while phone is in Sleep.

thanks!

Guest teknologist
Hi all,

Teknologist, do you have a Git repo in order to get your kernel source and .config files?

I like the way you tune the things (Modaco and you) for stability. But I would like to play a little with Underclock kernel to save battry while phone is in Sleep.

thanks!

No, I don't because there is no need for it.

The kernel source tree is the 2.6.33 vanilla tree from android git. (It's in the experimental kernel project - tagged 2.6.33-test1 ).

I just modified to undervolt at low freqs and applied the capacitive buttons tweak (infos are on XDA, it's barely 5 lines modified in the whole tree).

As per the .config, it's always available on your phone in /proc/config.gz

And as per what you want to do, I don't really understand what you mean. If you mean undervolt more, I wouldn't advise it !