Custom Samsung B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Guest ronald-mcdrive

Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205 V2

This is my second release of WWE B7610 ROM with windows mobile 6.5.3 Build 28205.

This time i did some OEM and SYS customizations. Also i tried some memory optimalizations, so i need your opinion about it!!

Information:

Released: V2 beta 2010.02.12

Version: Samsung Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 28205 B7610NXXIK2 WWE

ROM format: Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Free RAM on boot: 70MB

Free storage on boot: 160 - 150MB

Specification:

SYS and XIP ported.

Removed from SYS:

- AutoUpdate - Device-Side Auto Update

- BTDUN - Bluetooth dial-up networking

- Enterprise - IPSec, l2TP and Winscard support

- Entertainment - Games

- IPSECVPN - IPSec VPN Support

- SampleMusic - Sample Music

- Skybox - Microsoft MyPhone, Syncs a phone's info with Microsoft

- Transcriber - Transcriber

- WMMoneyWidget - MS Money Widget

- WMWeatherWidget - MS Weather Widget

- WMWidgets - MS Widgets Support

Removed from OEM:

- Smart memo

- Video editor

- Connected home

- Smart search

- Smart reader

- Communities

- widgets

- Samsung Mainmenu

Other customizations:

- Show windows settings

- Enabled A-GPS and default download from xtra1.gpsonextra.net

- Disabled samsung work and life todaysceen and enabled windows

- Enabled front camera

- Disabled Samsung SMS delivery

- Disabled Samsung SMS

- Enabled Threaded SMS

- Disabled GPRS connect notification

- Changed default time and agenda to Samsung default programs

- Added HTCSensorSDK

- Disabled camera sounds

- 4RowsMenuWithHoneyComb

- Disabled large indicators

- Disabled Samsung dialer, now using default WM dialer (To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin)

- Changed HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\shell\lowmem to 96

- Smile button: single click: Task Switcher, long click: activesync (this can be changed by user)

- several other optimizations

- Fixed the T9 settings visibility

Known issues:

- On the work, life todayscreen you have a small line just below the top bar. Its a few pixels high and the background is not really working correctly. Its like the screen isnt using that space at all and just shows you what other screens put there before.

I'm not able to solve this because in WM 6.5.3 the top bar is smaller then the top bar in WM 6.5. Maybe someone else can check this out? I'm not using work of life mode because it's useless

- When install autoclosefix and open the keyboard, the screen doesnt go to landscape

Don't install autoclosefix!!

- When upgrading from WM 6.1 you can't use the hardware buttons and keyboard when the phone comes out of the lock screen. (Thanks to kaluku and laurenz)

Flash a new CSC file (from WM 6.5)

If you found an bug? post it so i can fix it.

Tips:

CleanRAM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=514333

Screenshot:

post-598626-1265991012_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991021_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991031_thumb.png

post-598626-1265991036_thumb.png

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc80df3...9789de4b2881080

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Samsung Omnia Pro B7610 US ROM 6.5.3 Build 28205

This is my first working US B7610 ROM with windows mobile 6.5.3 Build 28205.

I did no OEM customizations, only the windows version is changed!

Information:

Released: V1 beta 2010.02.05

Version: Samsung Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 28205 B7610NXXIK2 US

ROM format: Nb0 file(only PDA part)

Specification:

No OEM changes!

Only SYS and XIP port.

Known issues:

- The windows background is visible for a litle bit when using Samsung work mode, best way is to use Windows Default on today screen

- You need to disable "Large Indicator" to use Windows indicators in top screen (Settings -> Display and Light -> Large Indicator)

- Vertical scrollbar in samsung dialer. To use Samsung Dialer, set "Enabled" to 1 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin

Let me know if there's other issues or bugs!

Additional information:

Flash with Octans http://www.modaco.com/content/i8000-omnia-...tans-v2-0-mini/

Screenshot:

Not available yet!

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=fc80df3...878de785cc0f59e

Edited by ronald-mcdrive

Guest Martinspire

Been waiting for this 6.5.3 version for a long time.

I'm guessing this is a port of an Omnia 2 ROM? Is the keyboard working correctly?

I'm gonna flash it later today and will post my thoughts about this.

Edited by Martinspire

Guest ronald-mcdrive
Been waiting for this 6.5.3 version for a long time.

I'm guessing this is a port of an Omnia 2 ROM? Is the keyboard working correctly?

I'm gonna flash it later today and will post my thoughts about this.

This is not a port from Omnia 2, downloaded SYS and XIP files from XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=544445

Guest ttrevelian

I was wondering if we would see any 6.5.3 action for the b7610. Thanks a lot for this

I Hope this is the first of many. I'll try it this weekend and do a full review.

Guest nizar445

Wow, wonderful job man, can I flash it in to my B7610 UK version or its only US version? and also can I change the language later or not?

Btw; I’m currently running secany’s B7610 WM6.5 rom.

Thank you and keep it up.

Guest ronald-mcdrive
Wow, wonderful job man, can I flash it in to my B7610 UK version or its only US version? and also can I change the language later or not?

It is US only, and you cannot change your language later, then you wil have default samsung ROM back.

Guest FortKnox101

Hey Mate, I've just flashed this to my B7610 UK version, and it works, United Kingdom regional settings and all. However one feature I hate about WM 6.5.3 is applications don't close when pressing "X" button even though its enabled in Samsung Settings.

I'm gonna try X2 TaskManager see if it will help. Otherwise I'll be going back to huzheyi's Customised Rom.

Guest ttrevelian

some questions for those who already have the rom installed

1. can someone please post some screenshots?

2. are apps autoclosing like the other roms?

2.a. what is the least ram left before apps start autoclosing?

3. how much ram available after flash?

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest FortKnox101

I'm afraid to inform you that yes the applications are auto closing in this ROM. Quite quickly, I do not know if its because I am running Manilla 1.3 on the Today Screen however all I did was play a music file in CorePlayer, loaded Opera and CorePlayer closed.

nice ROM.. ;) fast ROM.. pleeeease repair the auto closing program bug, & would you remove "the never used programs", im looking forward for this rom so much.. its more stable than WM6.5 ROMs i think..

bug report: when you compose new sms, the menu below a little cut off by the WM6.5.3 menu..

keep cooking bro.. nice job :D ah, & mediafire is the best 4 upload.. :(

So after about 6 hours of testing for autoclose, here is the fix. Opened loads of applications, RAM at cca 5MB and all holding. Only problem was some criticlal fault, memory very low or something when i tried to open some other application ;) Basically it's what is used in gabby's rom.

autoclosefix.cab

Guest ronald-mcdrive
Hey Mate, I've just flashed this to my B7610 UK version, and it works, United Kingdom regional settings and all. However one feature I hate about WM 6.5.3 is applications don't close when pressing "X" button even though its enabled in Samsung Settings.

I'm gonna try X2 TaskManager see if it will help. Otherwise I'll be going back to huzheyi's Customised Rom.

I think this needs to be enabled in the windows settings, which is default not visible in the start menu.

To make it visible go to: HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo open HideSettings and change the value to 0

To open the registry from your phone use CeRegEditor and connect your phone to your pc.

Guest ronald-mcdrive
So after about 6 hours of testing for autoclose, here is the fix. Opened loads of applications, RAM at cca 5MB and all holding. Only problem was some criticlal fault, memory very low or something when i tried to open some other application ;) Basically it's what is used in gabby's rom.

Thanks for helping, i will test this, and when it works i will cook this in a new version of this ROM.

Guest ttrevelian

I tried the autoclosefix.cab but it started closing apps when i had around 35mb free ram.

by that time i had 11 apps opened in this order ( opera9, excel, ndrive, motweets, pdfscanner, touch player, taskmanager,smart memo, calculator, , total commander, ie)

I started with 85 mb of free ram

however i did noticed that when apps started closing (in the same order the where opened) they did not closed all at the same time like it usually happends for me. apps STOP closing when 45 to 55 ram available (so only 1 or 2 apps closed at the same time)

I am using wm6.1 rom B7610XXII1

please report if this fix is working for other roms 6.1 or 6.5

------EDIT-----

i am flashing to this rom now since i had tried the autoclosefix settings in secany's rom and did not work for me either

Edited by ttrevelian

Guest FortKnox101

Thanks so much for this!...I'm actually able to listen to my music and use messenger at the same time without anything closing on me. I even get down to 10mb free ram now without anything closing on me. And I'm using 6.5.