[ROM] HD2 Leo2 Fusion / BETA 2 RELEASED TODAY

Guest rodrigofd

Guest rodrigofd
Actually what are different between 2.1 and 2.5 on the features?

There are pretty different, 2.5 has expanded home screen with shortcuts and weather on clock, people tab is re-done, with a picture grid instead of flipping them, new tabs like settings, twitter, etc.

Latest 2.5 packages also have pretty features while in landscape mode, specially in pictures&videos, and audio tabs. However, they are dependent on HTC sensor libraries, so they won't work until someone writes a wrapper to Omnia2 sensors.( HTCSensorSDK.dll wrapper by chainfire, found on internet, won't work since it is from a much earlier library from HTC).

I've tried 2.1 packages before, but didn't manage to make them boot. Users like jermx are working on such version, maybe he has better luck. But then again, i hadn't much skills when i tried 2.1, so we'll see.

UPDATE: for Beta2, i have re-done everything, since i wanted to use as base latest, 25-january, stock ROM, and latest HTC Sense 2.5 packages, which are btw VERY recent (2.5.2011 from Topaz).

I was very expectant about this, since i read that, because being a version optimized for Topaz, which has lesser capabilities than HD2, should run much smoother in our phones, but in my first tests, there seems to be a lot of tweaking to do ... lets hope it becomes a usable rom at last...

Edited by rodrigofd

Guest denon25

bonjour

je suis francais mais j'attends avec impatiente toutes les nouvelles de l'omnia2

et ta nouvelel rom en fait evidement partie pour l'evolution de ce smartphone

bon courage ...

Guest grahamkdt
bonjour

je suis francais mais j'attends avec impatiente toutes les nouvelles de l'omnia2

et ta nouvelel rom en fait evidement partie pour l'evolution de ce smartphone

bon courage ...

.... ENGLISH forum my friend! Please read the rules!! ;)

Guest jasperdj

Dont forget me!

The standaard software of samsung is terrible, i think everyone is waiting for a better smoother ROM.

So you better make it, otherwise ..... ;)

since i really got used to MS 3.5.3 + some custom android theme i dont think that better working manilla is going to change that much for me i rader wont be using this rom, but still looking forward to see the final version (or beta2 ;) beta1 was a great rom, dispate not some minor glitches...

Guest rodrigofd
I don't mean to be rude, but please stop with the "waiting" post.

Care to share in what particular way i go against forum rules, or annoy anyone in some way ?

Guest rodrigofd
hello rodrigo,

how does it look like with your beta 2?

we are horny :-D

It has a good look, but , after recompressing all textures with chainfire's compression, most images look much better, but there are some graphic glitches, and some LIBGLES-related crashes remain (add city in weather, search internet in manila, etc) , although it can be perfectly used with this issues.

There are also other issues, which i am working on right now.. but actually, latest 2.5 packages don't change much from the ones i used on beta 1, really.

Guest angkung
i think main concern is still free RAM so that apps can run smoothly

Latest original ROM have some improvement on the memory; hopefully this will help a bit??

Guest Qualquer coisa

Rodrigo, your beta 1 release is very good... The only bug that is really bad for me is the sleep function not working... Other bugs can be 'solved' with a soft-reset often... heheheh

My old ETEN had an funcion of "AutoInstall"... There were a folder with some cab's that were auto-installed in the hard-reset operation (1st boot).

Don't you think that it would be very usefull for our devices? I think this application would be perfect for auto-install all those apps that users think that are a must-have, like latest opera, google maps, TomTom, etc, and we have to install every time after a HR...

Do you know an easy way to build an app to: (?)

1) search for cabs under \MyStorage\AutoInstall\Root and \MyStorage\AutoInstall\Storage

Install the files found in \ROOT onto the main memory (SIP cabs, mod cabs (ex: remove camera sound, enableautorotate, etc) and \Storage cabs under the 8GB/16GB memory (Opera 10, iGo, TomTom, etc etc)...

But the installation should be executed in "silent mode"... i've seen something like these in XDA forum, but it had an GUI... not so usable as an "built in ROM silent application"

What do you think? can be done? I've been "packing" a lot of mod's under a single CAB, but even this is annoing to do every hard reset (things like configure AGPS server, disable camerasounds, auto-kill-grps pressing end button, scaling HIGH performance, change regional settings, and this "little" things that the get used-to and are a must-do after the HR).

i think main concern is still free RAM so that apps can run smoothly

yeah agreed.

1. Free RAM

2. Sleep function

3. Poor Battery life

i hope these can be ironed out in beta 2

Guest Asgardi

rodrigofd: How about camera menus? Are those working now? My beta1 is now actually working so great and without any crashes, app hangs, backlight problems or anything that i'm not sure if I even want to try beta2 ;)

For people who have problems: for me, installing slide2unclock2 was a bad idea. Backlight works yes, but there will be other problems like app hangs and musics stops playing when phone is locked. Uninstalling S2U2 and setting lock screen to windows classic from htc settings solved all problems with the beta1.

Guest rodrigofd
Rodrigo, your beta 1 release is very good... The only bug that is really bad for me is the sleep function not working... Other bugs can be 'solved' with a soft-reset often... heheheh

My old ETEN had an funcion of "AutoInstall"... There were a folder with some cab's that were auto-installed in the hard-reset operation (1st boot).

Don't you think that it would be very usefull for our devices? I think this application would be perfect for auto-install all those apps that users think that are a must-have, like latest opera, google maps, TomTom, etc, and we have to install every time after a HR...

Do you know an easy way to build an app to: (?)

1) search for cabs under \MyStorage\AutoInstall\Root and \MyStorage\AutoInstall\Storage

Install the files found in \ROOT onto the main memory (SIP cabs, mod cabs (ex: remove camera sound, enableautorotate, etc) and \Storage cabs under the 8GB/16GB memory (Opera 10, iGo, TomTom, etc etc)...

But the installation should be executed in "silent mode"... i've seen something like these in XDA forum, but it had an GUI... not so usable as an "built in ROM silent application"

What do you think? can be done? I've been "packing" a lot of mod's under a single CAB, but even this is annoing to do every hard reset (things like configure AGPS server, disable camerasounds, auto-kill-grps pressing end button, scaling HIGH performance, change regional settings, and this "little" things that the get used-to and are a must-do after the HR).

For anyone having not-going-to-sleep issues... reflashing latest EBOOT should solve it.

And i am not able to pack it in a CAB... dependencies are too many, that a huge cab won't be realistic... maybe someone else manages to do so.. i think is impractical.