Windows Mobile 7...

Guest 2 Bunny

Guest 2 Bunny

So, I have been, and many others have been as well probably hearing about the near release of Windows Mobile 7. This morning this news story was posted on a different Windows Mobile site:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/02/06/exclusi...rom-the-depths/

And I was so excited before reading it because, you know, Windows Mobile 7! Fresh details on the new platform that everyone has been waiting for for quite some time.

And I cannot say that I could have possibly been more disappointed in anything at all. Take a look:

-Windows Phone 7 will only support application installation through service based delivery. (i.e Marketplace). Application installation via storage card will not be possible.

WHAT! That, to be honest, almost completely destroys the whole purpose and beginning of Windows Mobile. What are they trying to do, bring us closer to apple nonsense?

- No Multi-Task support. Applications will “Pause” when in the background, however will support notifications via push notifications.

Another "what were they thinking" thing! Previous versions of Windows Mobile always usually have at least five things running in the background to work right. So far, they are really screwing this up.

-No NETCF backwards compatibility. This means the original rumor of no backward compatibility for applications holds to be true.

So, they are pretty much creating a new, crappy, useless platform. What a bummer.

-OEM Interfaces will not be allowed to run on the device. Say goodbye to Sense UI / SPB Mobile Shell / Point UI / Infinity, etc, etc

Obviously, since nobody can install their own apps anymore.

I don't know what they were smoking there at microsoft when they came up with this crap, but all I can say is that I hope none of that crap is true. They have completely destroyed Windows Mobile as we know it, and I would never touch a device with a piece of crap OS like described there.

What have they done...

- 2 Bunny

Guest i900 1st generation
So, I have been, and many others have been as well probably hearing about the near release of Windows Mobile 7. This morning this news story was posted on a different Windows Mobile site:

http://www.ppcgeeks.com/2010/02/06/exclusi...rom-the-depths/

And I was so excited before reading it because, you know, Windows Mobile 7! Fresh details on the new platform that everyone has been waiting for for quite some time.

And I cannot say that I could have possibly been more disappointed in anything at all. Take a look:

WHAT! That, to be honest, almost completely destroys the whole purpose and beginning of Windows Mobile. What are they trying to do, bring us closer to apple nonsense?

Another "what were they thinking" thing! Previous versions of Windows Mobile always usually have at least five things running in the background to work right. So far, they are really screwing this up.

So, they are pretty much creating a new, crappy, useless platform. What a bummer.

Obviously, since nobody can install their own apps anymore.

I don't know what they were smoking there at microsoft when they came up with this crap, but all I can say is that I hope none of that crap is true. They have completely destroyed Windows Mobile as we know it, and I would never touch a device with a piece of crap OS like described there.

What have they done...

- 2 Bunny

THere's always Android which boast to have 100 thousands of applications.

Guest 2 Bunny
THere's always Android which boast to have 100 thousands of applications.

True. Quite true. Hopefully these are rumors, and that (let's hope) that is all they are.

- 2 Bunny

• 4 weeks later...

Why not?? Apple has created a mass following on these principles and their products really work well for the masses.

Windows created something that only a small amount of people can use well and the rest are forced into it because there was nothing else at the time and Apple saw the opportunity to fill that gap and create a mass market with a product thats sooooo easy to use which is where the difference really is my 3 1/2 year old can do almost anything you ask him, he was changing wallpapers and taking photos then using pics as wallpapers in painting and fishing apps with ease and precision, there is no way he could do that on my phone that easily even running windows mobile 6.5 without screwing the phone up.

Most people don't want to have to install other UI's to make their phones usable or change layouts etc etc, they want it setup,finger friendly and looking good straight out of the box. Phones today are heading towards mostly social networking and the phone has to be idiot proof(easy to use) <_< . If windows did not make this move it would well be gone from the mobile market and I'm sure that they're not worried about us small users who love customizing everything possible, but is suppose thats why they will continue with 6.5.3 to keep us happy until we all convert to the new OS.

Edited by Sb.

Guest lupus_hegemonia

This new system, Win7, is BY FAR the BEST Windows ever been!!!

I'm very pleased & impressed...

But... I still believe there is a LONG WAY to go, to "beat" MacOS!... I never like Apple, I hate Macintosh computers!!! But fact is fact... I WISH I had a MacOS, running in my PC, with... Windows' programs/solutions.

We'll see... Since the new Win7 are far better, I believe the next Windows MAYBE will reach MacOS... STABILITY...SIMPLINESS... "LIGHTNESS"... SPEED... etc.

Right now, Win7 are the best Windows... But NOT better (yet) of MacOS.

Guest 2 Bunny
Why not?? Apple has created a mass following on these principles and their products really work well for the masses.

Windows created something that only a small amount of people can use well and the rest are forced into it because there was nothing else at the time and Apple saw the opportunity to fill that gap and create a mass market with a product thats sooooo easy to use which is where the difference really is my 3 1/2 year old can do almost anything you ask him, he was changing wallpapers and taking photos then using pics as wallpapers in painting and fishing apps with ease and precision, there is no way he could do that on my phone that easily even running windows mobile 6.5 without screwing the phone up.

Most people don't want to have to install other UI's to make their phones usable or change layouts etc etc, they want it setup,finger friendly and looking good straight out of the box. Phones today are heading towards mostly social networking and the phone has to be idiot proof(easy to use) <_< . If windows did not make this move it would well be gone from the mobile market and I'm sure that they're not worried about us small users who love customizing everything possible, but is suppose thats why they will continue with 6.5.3 to keep us happy until we all convert to the new OS.

LOL! Maybe I'm just a control freak or something...

Or maybe I just can't stand how inefficient the "toilet paper interface" is. I HATE having to bloop my finger/stylus accross the screen a million times to get to the bottom of a long forum thread or other lengthy internet page.

- 2 Bunny

Edited by 2 Bunny