Application for exploring EXT. partition?

Guest dino_mk

• 2 weeks later...
Guest _melchett
What app should I use to explore my extended partition, or to view how much space is used (or free) on it?

This is an extreme way, but it will make your life richer :D Download a linux (i suggest Ubuntu) live disk and use that. It will show the ext partition like it is another harddrive/flash drive.

And the tyranny of windows/osx is overcome. (although XP is still my default :D )

EDIT: just saw you put app, sorry . Haven't searched for one yet, but i still suggest trying linux

Edited by _melchett

Guest dino_mk
This is an extreme way, but it will make your life richer :D Download a linux (i suggest Ubuntu) live disk and use that. It will show the ext partition like it is another harddrive/flash drive.

And the tyranny of windows/osx is overcome. (although XP is still my default :D )

EDIT: just saw you put app, sorry . Haven't searched for one yet, but i still suggest trying linux

Thanks! It's not that extreme, I already have all versions of ubuntu plus some other (fedora...). On my old laptop was having linux partition with installed ubuntu on it, I guess it is time to do it on my new pc too.

EDIT: Just try it with live ubuntu 9.10 disk, it doesn't work. Or am I doing something wrong?

Edited by dino_mk

Guest _melchett
Thanks! It's not that extreme, I already have all versions of ubuntu plus some other (fedora...). On my old laptop was having linux partition with installed ubuntu on it, I guess it is time to do it on my new pc too.

EDIT: Just try it with live ubuntu 9.10 disk, it doesn't work. Or am I doing something wrong?

I had alot of problems with the 9.10 live disk, try the 9.04. There is always the 9.10 alternative cd they produce, but i don't think this works as a live cd (ie you will have to install) I think you can upgrade from an old version in the update manager (or something along the lines of sudo apt-get install upgrade in the terminal - i have never tried that option). TBH i prefer 9.04 to 9.10 anyway.

http://www.ubuntu.com/getubuntu/downloadmirrors#alternate