[ROM]Ninja4hire *Black vs. Blue* (DG21) v9.5m (21914)

Guest Ninja4Hire

Guest Ninja4Hire
Just flashed to version 5 and I'm loving it! It was a bit quiet though a fix was posted on the boards using SRS WOW and it works amazing! Thank you for the great ROM!

Thanks! I will have to add that to the next one. I am working on porting over a new build right now, but having issues with to many things broken after it's flashed.

Guest kdkinc
I was having the same issue as you Andrew, following that guide did nothing for me. Try the steps below its almost the same but it has some extra details that the other guide does not have, but it's the same concept

1. start windows with device driver signing disabled (F8 at start up).

2. Then once your win7 64-bit system is up, open devicemanager.

3. turn off the phone and connect it.

4. once you see the Samsung Mit show up, right click on it and click update driver software.

5. browse my computer for driver software

6. let me pick from a list of device drivers on my comptuer.

7. click next (if the phone has disconnected ie battery meter is showing)

8. click have disk

9. navigate to the proper driver for win7 64-bit.

10. BEFORE you click on next after selecting the .inf file, unplug and replug the phone back in.

11. Then click next

12. You will see it start to load, and you may need to reboot the computer.

13. If it does ask you to reboot remember to DISABLE device driver on boot up (F8 again).

Windows 7 (especially 64-bit) only lets you use signed drivers. Even after you do all of this you may need to do it again if you ever flash your phone again.

MAKE SURE you have octans loaded (not mini either) and select the flash file using PDA button.

tick the Skip over waiting for booting completely checkbox

tick the Start downloading immediately checkbox

the click detect

Before you do step three already have device manager open becuase the Mobile Devices list which is where you need to go for step four will only show for about 3 seconds after plugging your phone(turned off) in. Once the battery icon begins to show on your waited to long. Once the mobile device list pops up click on the arrow next to it and select update drivers. By this time your phone will have disconnected but its ok becuase you will have already accessed the next menu that you need. Resume to following the instructions to step 10. Make sure that your phone is still off and plug your phone back in and then do step 11(about a second after pluggin your phone back in. I would only wait about one sec after pluggin the phone in before clikcing next as indicated in step 11. The way you can tell if it was successful is to go back to device manager plug your phone back in and click on properties under the samsung mits drivers in Mobile devices and check the driver date. It should be an earlier version now. I also followed the i8000 guide and it never worked unitl AMDZero showed me these steps with a little more detail so credits go to him if it works for you.

I found that the reason my drivers would not update was becuase I was not unplugging/plugging the phone back in before step 11 and so the drivers were never detected under Mobile Devices list in the device manager once I tried to update. Like I said before you only have about 3 seconds before the battery chargin icon comes on. Once you see the battery icon your phone has already been disconnected. It's pretty easy once you get the hang of it and I can flash a few tims in about 2 or 3 hours before having to restart my comp.

Hope this helps

I have to admit I Am NOT the sharpest knife in the draw <_< :mellow:

I wish I had read this post OOOHHH, 6 hours ago,man oh man this did it for me THANK YOU :( :D

It would be great IMHO if this little tidbit of info could be added to how to flash tips.

:D B)

Guest das7771
I have to admit I Am NOT the sharpest knife in the draw <_< :mellow:

I wish I had read this post OOOHHH, 6 hours ago,man oh man this did it for me THANK YOU :( :D

It would be great IMHO if this little tidbit of info could be added to how to flash tips.

:D B)

I am glad this helped. I racked my brains for a couple of days until amdzero pointed me in the right direction. I guarantee there are a few i920 users are still having the same issues we were, not realizing that the original i8000 guide is missing a few steps for our model phone.

Guest kdkinc

I just wanted to show off a few pics of my rom Made by Ninja4hire.

Ninja NICE rom Thank You <_< :mellow:

post-499047-1268600055_thumb.png post-499047-1268600067_thumb.png post-499047-1268600077_thumb.png post-499047-1268600087_thumb.png

Also Thank You to:

Tacchan23 for "Dusk" taskbar.

gchris7 for Titanium skin theme.

kgp700 for T* OMNIA2 Titanium start menu

:( :D

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Ninja4Hire
do you plan on ever making a 6.5.3 rom ninja?

Probably. I was actually thinking of doing one after I get this new 6.5 build out.

There are to many things I don't like about 6.5.3 that are stopping me from using it, but I think I will probably make one anyway for other people to use.

Guest Ninja4Hire
I just wanted to show off a few pics of my rom Made by Ninja4hire.

Ninja NICE rom Thank You <_< :mellow:

That looks pretty good. What taskbar thing are you using? I was thinking of adding one to my rom instead of just coloring the existing ones. For some reason samsung has them in different .dll's. I still can't find the Bluetooth icon...

Edited by Ninja4Hire

Guest kdkinc
That looks pretty good. What taskbar thing are you using? I was thinking of adding one to my rom instead of just coloring the existing ones. For some reason samsung has them in different .dll's. I still can't find the Bluetooth icon...

I corrected my post to include credits for the great parts and pieces.

<_< :mellow:

PS: 21893 NICE...

Edited by kdkinc

Guest Robtao
Probably. I was actually thinking of doing one after I get this new 6.5 build out.

Hey Ninja. Still liking 21863 v. 5, but getting the itch to flash. Should I go ahead with your early 21963 or are you pretty close to finishing it?

Guest Robtao

Your colored ones were pretty cool, though, Ninja.

Guest Ninja4Hire
Hey Ninja. Still liking 21863 v. 5, but getting the itch to flash. Should I go ahead with your early 21963 or are you pretty close to finishing it?

I am working on it right now. Just trying to get a couple more things dialed in. Sorry it's taking so long. I have been busy at work and this is the only machine I can build and flash from at the moment. I'm sure my job is happy that I am spending all my work time building and flashing my phone....... The price you pay for hiring a Ninja!

Guest Robtao
I am working on it right now. Just trying to get a couple more things dialed in. Sorry it's taking so long. I have been busy at work and this is the only machine I can build and flash from at the moment. I'm sure my job is happy that I am spending all my work time building and flashing my phone....... The price you pay for hiring a Ninja!

Thanks. No pressure. Glad to have what you have time to do. Keep them happy at work. :)

Guest kdkinc

Ninja:

I've been happy with 21893 that you shared on another site.

I noticed that the screen never seems to rotate except when I use the camera.

Its not a real issue to me because I always use my phone in portrait but I just wanted you to know...

Thank You

:) ;)

Guest Ninja4Hire
Ninja:

I've been happy with 21893 that you shared on another site.

I noticed that the screen never seems to rotate except when I use the camera.

Its not a real issue to me because I always use my phone in portrait but I just wanted you to know...

Thank You

:) ;)

It should rotate the same as the default samsung rom. I will check it out on the new rom.

Guest tacchan23

BT icons is in BTIconSvc.dll

Guest Ninja4Hire
BT icons is in BTIconSvc.dll

AH HA!! Thanks!

ok rom update as I'm almost done.

v6 build 21893

XDA_UC - 100% working (at least from what I can tell)

Security pop-ups - Off

First boot align screen removed

Error reporting - Off

Orientation Detection v1 - Added

Still working on

Samsung SDK v2.0 - cooks in, but does not install totally

New NinjaBlue theme - I want it to be default, but for some reason it does not want to be

Guest kdkinc

EXCELLENT :P :D

Now that I have my phone just the way i want it... :)

I will have to flash , Why you ask???

Because its their ;) :P ;)

Thank You for all you do.

PS: you need pizza link$$$

B) B)

Guest levytv

ninja im getting set to flash to v5. im hoping that the registry tweaks and previous installations i already have will stay intact because it is coming from the original verizon 21863. is there any chance that this will work? also is there a spot to donate?

Guest Ninja4Hire
ninja im getting set to flash to v5. im hoping that the registry tweaks and previous installations i already have will stay intact because it is coming from the original verizon 21863. is there any chance that this will work? also is there a spot to donate?

Hey Levytv, It does not work like that as far as registry tweaks and installations. If you flash any rom, you get whatever comes with that rom. Everything you previously had will get erased, unless you backed it up or installed it to your My Storage.

Guest levytv

its all backed up everywhere via spb backup. i have it on my storage and on storage card. all apps were installed to my storage that could be. just curious after the flash when i do a backup restore - what are the chances that everything will line up? thanks. ive flashed the omnia 1 more than once and sometimes the 'settings restore' or restore backup worked perfectly. thanks for all your hard work.

Guest Ninja4Hire
its all backed up everywhere via spb backup. i have it on my storage and on storage card. all apps were installed to my storage that could be. just curious after the flash when i do a backup restore - what are the chances that everything will line up? thanks. ive flashed the omnia 1 more than once and sometimes the 'settings restore' or restore backup worked perfectly. thanks for all your hard work.

Don't know for sure, but I would say it will reinstall most everything fine. I haven't change anything major, but you never know. Good Luck!

Guest Ninja4Hire

Wow just finished my 21893 build, and I just found 21895. Oh well. I'm sure it's exactly the same since it's not 6.5.x yet. I will include it on my next update :)

Guest levytv
Don't know for sure, but I would say it will reinstall most everything fine. I haven't change anything major, but you never know. Good Luck!

i will report back tomorrow. thanks. or maybe later tonight.

Guest kdkinc

Still setting up "ditto" :Levytv",

Caused a couple self inflicted hair balls but working through them. :) ;)

Rotation thing works.

Going with gchris7 skin theme.

XDA with all programs that I use in SD seemed good.

Did the sdk thing.

Myphone worked nice.

Thank You

:P ;)

Guest cfiore79

i have no data connection. it wont connect to my email or the internet. is there a fix for this that i have to do manually that i happened to miss?

besides that hiccup this is a very slick rom. :)