Google Maps 4.0

Guest eclsnowman

Guest myoder020

With the last few releases, google maps always says I'm in Russia(I'm in Texas). Not sure if the aGPS on the rom I'm using is messed up or if it's just google maps.

Edited by myoder020

Guest thekevster

i had the same problem except it put me in california and i live in texas as well. seems to be fixed for me with this newest release though. agps location was found almost instantly.

Guest myoder020
i had the same problem except it put me in california and i live in texas as well. seems to be fixed for me with this newest release though. agps location was found almost instantly.

Hmmm I still have the problem of being in Russia. I'm using waremike's M2D rom so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Guest event121
Hmmm I still have the problem of being in Russia. I'm using waremike's M2D rom so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

never understood where this problem originated from. never had my omnia replaced. agps has always been instant for me (less than 1 second). satellites have always been within 1 minute as long as i'm outside and slightly away from any buildings.

running Lioryte's 21302 at the moment and i install and run QuickGPS after each flash of his and no issues still.

i DO however, always install VZNavigator and run it at least once before using any other gps program. i'm in ohio.

Guest SilverPony2001
never understood where this problem originated from. never had my omnia replaced. agps has always been instant for me (less than 1 second). satellites have always been within 1 minute as long as i'm outside and slightly away from any buildings.

running Lioryte's 21302 at the moment and i install and run QuickGPS after each flash of his and no issues still.

i DO however, always install VZNavigator and run it at least once before using any other gps program. i'm in ohio.

Do you have the CAB for VZNavigator?

aGPS? Strange, because my Omnia doesn't have it (have to wait for a sat connection). I can't load custom roms (on Telus), so that could be part of the problem, but I kind of thought aGPS would be a hardware thing for some reason.

Guest barbs666
Google Maps 4.0 up now. Now with Google Buzz... and it doesn't even crash my i910 like 3.3.1 did.

cool,

anyone know of how to redirect the M2D (19b stubzy all in one version) to point to the new install? (and also how to remove the M2D version off the system?)

Guest Wynnded
cool,

anyone know of how to redirect the M2D (19b stubzy all in one version) to point to the new install? (and also how to remove the M2D version off the system?)

I installed v4.0 to my Storage to test if it was going to work first. Then I uninstalled it from there then installed it to Device. Now it starts using the built in icon. When it asked if I wanted to save my settings and other stuff, I pressed No, just in case that were to make a difference. Is that what you were looking for?

Guest barbs666
I installed v4.0 to my Storage to test if it was going to work first. Then I uninstalled it from there then installed it to Device. Now it starts using the built in icon. When it asked if I wanted to save my settings and other stuff, I pressed No, just in case that were to make a difference. Is that what you were looking for?

thanks mate,

tried that and it worked but it seems to crash on me alot (even with it installed on i900 in my storage)..... i did however say yes to keeping preferences..... maybe i'll try again..........

• 2 weeks later...
Guest xenspidey
Using GM 4.0 and get AGPS locks very fast; sats take a good 3-5 minutes. I'm running Lioryte's 28223 on a VZW i910.

This version of GMaps still crashed when i het use GPS... It doesn't crash for you?