Porting Galaxy android to I900???

Guest sid0101

Guest sid0101

Well, I didn't even know if I should ask this or if it was too taboo to ask, but I wanted to know whether or not it was possible to port android to the omnia i900 using the galaxy's android somehow. I see the HTC guys porting android to the ATT Tilt... which came out in 2007ish...

I know the HTC community is probably larger, but I samsunite can dream right? Does anyone think that its possible? I know that Andromnia is a project that is dedicated to this, but it seems to be going rather slow and perhaps some rom developers here might be of some assistance???

Guest thebrave

It's already a WIP ( http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-omnia-h...droid-on-omnia/ ), but:

- the samsung community is smaller, maybe, also, as HTC makes "hardware" for other companies, internal specs/BSP are easier to get

- it's f**ing hard to do.

If you really want Andromina to complete, best way to help would be putting money to set bounties for milestone achievements.

• 1 year later...
Guest Tha Pod
Well, I didn't even know if I should ask this or if it was too taboo to ask, but I wanted to know whether or not it was possible to port android to the omnia i900 using the galaxy's android somehow. I see the HTC guys porting android to the ATT Tilt... which came out in 2007ish...

I know the HTC community is probably larger, but I samsunite can dream right? Does anyone think that its possible? I know that Andromnia is a project that is dedicated to this, but it seems to be going rather slow and perhaps some rom developers here might be of some assistance???

any luck on this?