peter.taylor

Power graph app - Beta testers needed

4 posts in this topic

Evening all.

I've made a little app to graph battery charge over a period of time.

So far its only been tested on GSM Hero.

Wouldn't mind a bit of testing, and suggestions.

So far the next things to be added are;

Temperature of battery graphing.

Export of data to CSV etc.

1.png

2.png

Power graph

comments on here for the moment please.

Hi,

This is a nice idea. I remember a similar app on the Market, but I think it disappeared and can't remember its name.

Here are some recommendations:

- Yeah, battery temperature on the same graph would be great !

- It would be much better with "rounded" X-axis labels. Instead of an arbitrary interval between vertical graduations, you should definitely pick the "next-bigger" choice among these: 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, etc (I don't know if you need to zoom out more than 1 day per graduation).

- Use "zebra style" background color (for example: alternating between black and dark green for each day).

- I haven't tested your app, but please ensure that its power consumption impact is negligible :D

Keep up the nice work !

Hi,

This is a nice idea. I remember a similar app on the Market, but I think it disappeared and can't remember its name.

Here are some recommendations:

- Yeah, battery temperature on the same graph would be great !

- It would be much better with "rounded" X-axis labels. Instead of an arbitrary interval between vertical graduations, you should definitely pick the "next-bigger" choice among these: 1 second, 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, 10 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, 12 hours, 1 day, etc (I don't know if you need to zoom out more than 1 day per graduation).

- Use "zebra style" background color (for example: alternating between black and dark green for each day).

- I haven't tested your app, but please ensure that its power consumption impact is negligible :D

Keep up the nice work !

cheers for the comments, all taken on board :D

power impact is very negligible, if at all. it doesn't actually poll for the data, just grabs the data from logs in memory.