Can you reset Google account without a hard reset?

Guest fivegoldstars

Guest fivegoldstars

Question as title. After my downloads failing in the market, I cleared my Google data, and am now unable to login, getting the 'Unable to create a reliable connection' error message. Really don't want to do a hard reset.

These kinds of things never happened on my W300i...

Question as title. After my downloads failing in the market, I cleared my Google data, and am now unable to login, getting the 'Unable to create a reliable connection' error message. Really don't want to do a hard reset.

These kinds of things never happened on my W300i...

by 'downloads failing' do you mean installations failing?

No, it was just hanging at starting download.

was there a network connection? were you able to browse web pages?

have you tried powering off the phone? taking out the battery?

Guest fivegoldstars
was there a network connection? were you able to browse web pages?

have you tried powering off the phone? taking out the battery?

Yep. Tried all those things. It seems like a common problem across all Android devices - I just can't find a solution bar a hard reset.

Yep. Tried all those things. It seems like a common problem across all Android devices - I just can't find a solution bar a hard reset.

what about switching from 3g to wifi, or vice versa?

the only time I had my downloads stalling was due to poor 3g/wifi reception.

Guest starkos

When I had a problem where downloads didn't start, I found I had to open the GoogleTalk app & allow it to sign in. Once signed in downloads would automatically start...

Guest fivegoldstars
When I had a problem where downloads didn't start, I found I had to open the GoogleTalk app & allow it to sign in. Once signed in downloads would automatically start...

Just to clarify, this is not a reception problem, despite the error message. I have full wifi/3g capabilities (browser etc). It is a problem with the Google account. I'm no longer signed in - the account is not paired with the device - and when I try to login, I get the Google error about 'reliable data connection'. What I need to know, is if there is a way to reset the Google account/phone link?

Guest starkos
Just to clarify, this is not a reception problem, despite the error message. I have full wifi/3g capabilities (browser etc). It is a problem with the Google account. I'm no longer signed in - the account is not paired with the device - and when I try to login, I get the Google error about 'reliable data connection'. What I need to know, is if there is a way to reset the Google account/phone link?

Yea I just wrote that with regards to the issue before you wiped you're Google data of Market downloads not starting incase it happens again lol! Well hope you get your new issue sorted anyway..

Oh I'm not sure how long you've had this problem but the market is actually down for me at the moment and keep getting some network connection error window

Edit: Market's now back up working for me so probably not same as your problem

Edited by starkos

Yes I have had to do the same thing.

Guest fivegoldstars
Yes I have had to do the same thing.

Ok. Answer seems to be to delete data/data/com.android.providers.settings

Now, I have root access, but without the market working, I can't download a terminal emulator. Ideas???

Guest fivegoldstars
Ok. Answer seems to be to delete data/data/com.android.providers.settings

Now, I have root access, but without the market working, I can't download a terminal emulator. Ideas???

Ok - case closed.

Downloaded a terminal emulator, put it on the phone and deleted that directory. Went to googletalk and all is up and running again.