Handsfree ... bit rubbish!

Guest Maxwell Newton

Guest Maxwell Newton

The headphones that come with the HD2 are pretty awful compared to a set of sony ericsson headphones i have. The problem is that these have a very short lead, on past phones i have plugged them into the microphone that plugs into the phone, however with this phone the heaphones cant be unplugged from the micorphone...

Can i buy an extension cable for my lovely SE earphones with a built in mic? or Can you get in ear headphones that have a mic built in that works with the HD2?

Guest rameses
perfect! wonder why i couldnt find that!! Thanks very much - ordered :(

Have you received your headphone adapter? If so is it any good, I'm considering getting one? Also how long is the cable?

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Maxwell Newton

Finally turned up! Quality is fine, its actually a much nicer item than in the picture, feels very solid... BUT the cable is about two thirds the length of the stock one meaning it doesnt reach from your pocket to where you need to clip it on... how useless! How much would it have costed to put on another 10 cm of cable?!

The £17 set suddenly look more appealing...

Update:

Having actually tried it on and standing up it does reach, but just. I have the mic clipped onto the neck of my shirt and the cable has about 2cm of slack in it. I am 5"10 so if your any taller beware!

Can confrim again that the quality is very good, sound is just as good with my headphones through this or plugged in directly.

Edited by Maxwell Newton

• 2 weeks later...
Guest barrybryce

One thing that apparently has to be said in defence of the supplied set is that apparently the sound quality is excellent... according to the person I phoned who noticed the difference immediately and asked if I had a new phone...

Edited by barrybryce