Radio on my liquid

Guest cornbread

Guest cornbread

ok everyone keeps talking about the radio but my liquid does not have it? anyway to get it or am i just out of luck? i am a USA AT&T user

under device info it says fm radio and has a N under it

firmware version 1.6

baseband version a1-02.01.03

kernel version 2.6.29

build number 2.00.16_emea_gen1

product revision 1.0

Edited by cornbread

Guest drigerott
ok everyone keeps talking about the radio but my liquid does not have it? anyway to get it or am i just out of luck? i am a USA AT&T user

under device info it says fm radio and has a N under it

firmware version 1.6

baseband version a1-02.01.03

kernel version 2.6.29

build number 2.00.16_emea_gen1

product revision 1.0

radio fm N = NO radio fm.... is not so difficult lol

Guest cornbread
that is not radio fm....... search in forum before open other topics...

i did do a search that is why i asked when nothing turned up.

thanks for the information and just downloaded pandora. was hoping that fm radio would be cool.

Guest liquid_it
there's support for it in the chipset.. who knows if that will be unlocked later on...

Basicly we're "just" missing the driver, but with sources it should be easy to port it from devices with the same Broadcom chipset.

Guest liquid_it
am/fm radio liquid does not have

As stated somewhere over the net, the "radio" chip, made by Broadcom, integrates wifi+bluetooth+fmradio. The latter is not in use because of lack of driver, as I understood. The chip itself is BCM4325.

Guest cornbread
As stated somewhere over the net, the "radio" chip, made by Broadcom, integrates wifi+bluetooth+fmradio. The latter is not in use because of lack of driver, as I understood. The chip itself is BCM4325.

that was my understanding. the liquid that was demoed to us had fm radio. but the one i got doesn't. when i asked the at&t guy who demoed it he was not sure why his had it but mine didn't. who knows mabey they added all features to a demo phone to show off all of its capabilities.

" radio fm N = NO radio fm.... is not so difficult lol " i would have to agree but i have seen it work. so i thought i would ask the kings of code here and see if someone had made it work.

i feel bad now like i stirred some pot of bad subjects.

Guest chingy1788

I read somewhere too among these forums that the chip supports FM Radio

But....

No drivers were written for it, so it doesn't show in the OS (displays as "N")

If some one writes drivers for it, and enables the FM Radio in the Kernel, then we might have FM Radio working

However...

It is possible that Acer may have disabled the FM Radio portions of the chip altogether in hardware, so adding FM Radio drivers into the kernel may not work

No guarantee that there is FM, no guarantee that there is not (Until some one tries adding support for it in the kernel)

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...