[WM Kitchen] osKitchen NEW UI v1.23b - Easy Visual Kitchen

Guest smaury

Guest thekevster
I'm using windows 7, no problems extracting here.

are you using 32 bit or 64 bit? i cant get it to work on 32. works fine on winxp sp3 though.

Edited by thekevster

I have the kitchen working with this:

Replace your XIP and add WozXipFix to \OEM

Thank you for posting this.

Just to be clear, "Replace your XIP" refers to the path:

Sources\ROM\Omnia and replace the XIP folder with one you posted.

I don't mean to sound so "newbish", but I am just so excited to find a kitchen that I can actually understand.

I know it's all about where the files are placed that makes it all work.

Edited by cac2us

Guest waremike32
Thank you for posting this.

Just to be clear, "Replace your XIP" refers to the path:

Sources\ROM\Omnia and replace the XIP folder with one you posted.

That is correct.

Guest waremike32
Thank you waremike32!

I added your XIP to the first post for i910 cookers!

here's an update to my XIPfix. This moves the WinCENLS_WWE package to XIP. The kitchen sorts this package to the sys, but it's better to keep in the XIP as it doesn't need to be updated and many new build releases don't include it in SYS. It is a necessary package for boot.

I also included the WozXipFix again, so Smaury, you can just replace the original .zip on first post.

*Added Readme.txt for proper placement of folders.

update_XipFix.zip

Smaury, I want to try my had at cooking my own i910 ROM. This therefore may be a dumb question, but here goes:

When you are talking about '-Browse the Stock ROM exe' and entering the RUU update file in the first screen, are you referring to the actual CF03 update ROM exe from Verizon? I.E. the 'SCH-i910 User upgrade tools v1.0.5.3.exe'? Or exactly what do you mean by the stock ROM exe?

Also, I have the basic stock i910 ROM stuff, but it is not in an EXE - it is already unzipped into files. Is there anyway I can use that and skip the unpack operation?

Thx.

/Chimp

Guest waremike32
Smaury, I want to try my had at cooking my own i910 ROM. This therefore may be a dumb question, but here goes:

When you are talking about '-Browse the Stock ROM exe' and entering the RUU update file in the first screen, are you referring to the actual CF03 update ROM exe from Verizon? I.E. the 'SCH-i910 User upgrade tools v1.0.5.3.exe'? Or exactly what do you mean by the stock ROM exe?

Also, I have the basic stock i910 ROM stuff, but it is not in an EXE - it is already unzipped into files. Is there anyway I can use that and skip the unpack operation?

Thx.

/Chimp

If you already have a rom dump you want to work with, you must separate the packages into the right folder structure for the kitchen. If you're not sure where everything goes, then use the CF03 exe http://sharebee.com/bd345218 and have the kitchen sort it for you. You'll see where everything should go. You should then add my XipFix.

If you already have a rom dump you want to work with, you must separate the packages into the right folder structure for the kitchen. If you're not sure where everything goes, then use the CF03 exe http://sharebee.com/bd345218 and have the kitchen sort it for you. You'll see where everything should go. You should then add my XipFix.

Thanks Waremike, I already had the CF03 .zip (exe) file so I will just use that. The reason I was asking about the rom dump was that I thought I might use the dump from br91655 message 'Minimal i910 OEM' (in this same forum). Looks like he has pulled out the minimal stuff from the i910 CF03 ROM and thought it might be more useful than getting everything from the CF03 dump.

/Chimp

Guest waremike32
Thanks Waremike, I already had the CF03 .zip (exe) file so I will just use that. The reason I was asking about the rom dump was that I thought I might use the dump from br91655 message 'Minimal i910 OEM' (in this same forum). Looks like he has pulled out the minimal stuff from the i910 CF03 ROM and thought it might be more useful than getting everything from the CF03 dump.

/Chimp

I haven't looked over his oem completely, but yes, you should be able to use it.

I haven't looked over his oem completely, but yes, you should be able to use it.

I just ran it and found the startup screen did not respond to "TAP".

I had to replace the OEMDrivers folder (10MB.) from the oem.7z file with the original one (5.1MB.).

(from the dump of:

SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.exe).

After that, the ROM ran fine.

I now have a very clean, fast ROM..

28223, for now.

Thank you smaury and waremike32 and also br91655 for the "Minimal i910 OEM".

This has been a great 50th birthday for me.

Edited by cac2us

Any idea on the best (or at least valid) entries for Calibration Data?

I enter this in the kikchen and check the box for "Skip Welcome"

Screen settings:

519,503 177,881 182,129 847,127 849,872

However the the "chase the +" still comes up.

Edited by cac2us

Guest rustymcbain
When you first ran the kitchen, did you use the:

SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.exe

for the donor?

I have an issue as well, I try to open cf03 and it just runs contiuously without end. Like the entire length of Wanted. All I did was extract both files and run the kitchen. Then selected the extracted .exe cf03 application as the base. But no joy.

Guest flanker1743
After that, the ROM ran fine.

I now have a very clean, fast ROM..

28223, for now.

cac2us, does your XT9 work using this setup?

Here's a link to the thread with the minimal OEM, in case anyone else is interested. Minimal OEM

Thanks.

keyboard_BLK.cab

SdkCerts.cab

Lioryte_MS_Black_Keyboard.cab

cac2us, does your XT9 work using this setup?

Here's a link to the thread with the minimal OEM, in case anyone else is interested. Minimal OEM

Thanks.

flanker1743,

I don't use XT9.

But I do have a .cab file for the HTC XT9 in 2 flavors around here somewhere.

The Samsung keyboard that I posted has a XT9 function that places a banner with sugested words above the keyboard. It can be enabled/dissabled on the fly.

rustymcbain,

when I ran the kitchen the first time, it took my p4, 2.4ghz 1.5 gig RAM desktop a good 45 minutes to extract all the files to all the right places.

Now I found that the with XIP fix waremike32 posted and the "Minimum i910 OEM" posted,

all that is missing is the original OEMDrivers folder (5.1mb).

If you need, I could post the the folder... Around noon.

Let me know.

I just cooked a 21892 and got

69 mb free RAM at boot.

165 mb free storage.

Enjoy...

Edited by cac2us

Guest tony_anthony_ramirez
I have an issue as well, I try to open cf03 and it just runs contiuously without end. Like the entire length of Wanted. All I did was extract both files and run the kitchen. Then selected the extracted .exe cf03 application as the base. But no joy.

I got it to work!!!! :( you have to download the C++ runtimes...

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

this should fix it because thats the only different thing i did....

I am going to try my had at flashing using this kitchen.

So where can I find the latest SYS and ROM files? For instance, I think 23541 is now out - the chefs have to get those files from somewhere. I'd like to try my hand at flashing the latest and greatest.

/Chimp