[WM Kitchen] osKitchen NEW UI v1.23b - Easy Visual Kitchen

Guest smaury

Guest thekevster
for 28230, I get an error while extracting:

! C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\WM6.5.3_28230_for_osKitchen.rar: CRC failed in WM6.5.3 28230 for osKitchen\SYS\28230\Common\gb18030\simsun.ac3. The file is corrupt

just extract every file but this one. this file is just support for asian languages and is unimportant if you are building an english ROM. just be sure to uncheck gb18030 in the sys tab if you don't extract it, otherwise you might end up with some errors

Guest flanker1743

Thanks ca2us,

I'm working on a build for 23541. Hopefully it'll work!

EDIT:

So the ROM built fine, took a minute to setup, but I still had the calibration screen pop up. I checked the box to have it removed, AND I looked in .dat file and removed the line of code, and I still got the welcome center and screen alignment. :-/

Edited by flanker1743

Guest thekevster

heres how you cook in skippin align screen. you just have to tap top left corner after splash screen on first boot.

Edit your initflashfiles.dat (OEM_lang) with notepad. \Add a ; in front of the \startup welcome.lnk. Like this:

;Directory("\Windows\StartUp"):-File("\x0057\x0065\x006C\x0063\x006F\x006D\x0065\x002E\x006C\x006E\x006B","\Windows\welcome.lnk")

***Be sure to save in Unicode***.

Guest flanker1743
heres how you cook in skippin align screen. you just have to tap top left corner after splash screen on first boot.

Yeah, I did that, and the screen still pops up. The crosshair did go away, though...perhaps I didn't mess it up after all?

Guest thekevster

you said you removed the line of code. you arent supposed to remove any of the code just add a " ; " in front of that line. you must have messed the code up somehow because thats what i use to skip align screen and it works perfectly for me. also, make sure you put in front of the line that says /startup and not /start menu. there is a ......welcome.lnk in both of them.

Guest ivan2006

I am having the same error (error while moving file) while i am trying to load the cfo3 - i cant get past the first step. I have downloaded the c++ from links provided on this thread and have the 3.5 framework installed and am using the cfo3 from links provided here.

A recommendation i read was to insure the MSXIPKernal folders have hd.dll and the osaxt0.dll removed. Don't know where to go to do that - the folder i tried was empty. Am i missing a step somewhere. I am using vista.

Edited by ivan2006

Guest Chimp

Chefs,

I want to set a couple of items in my ROM: (1) The starting web page for IE; and (2) Turning off the connecting bubble (i.e. Settings...Sounds & Notifications...Connection Established event...Display message on screen. I know they have to be in an XML file somewhere but I can't seem to find them.

Anyone got the file/location of these settings? Thx.

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest thekevster
I am having the same error (error while moving file) while i am trying to load the cfo3 - i cant get past the first step. I have downloaded the c++ from links provided on this thread and have the 3.5 framework installed and am using the cfo3 from links provided here.

A recommendation i read was to insure the MSXIPKernal folders have hd.dll and the osaxt0.dll removed. Don't know where to go to do that - the folder i tried was empty. Am i missing a step somewhere. I am using vista.

this might work for vista also, its worth a shot.

downloaded and copied msvcr71.dll to C:/Windows and the i910 cf03 ruu exe successfully unzipped for me with windows 7 32 bit

hope this helps other win7 users.

i have attached the msvcr71 file i used. change .txt to .dll before copying to C:/Windows. the location may differ for others with multiple partitions on their hard disk. be sure to put it on the partition of the drive where windows 7 is installed.

the update file was placed in the root of the kitchen too, not sure if that will affect anything though.

Guest cac2us

I just cooked 22008 ROM and had to dig up an old dcd Verizon carrier cab to get my data connection working.

After I do backup of my present state, I will do A hard reset to see if it is not an issue with the programs I loaded before I tried to connect.

Scrolling is more responsive with 22008.

IE can be used in non MSHTML mode.

MSN email can be used with WindowsLive (added via cab).

I don't know about "Threaded" email, (I don't like or use it).

It only works when you use the "zoom browser" all of the time. I don't care for either one of those fetures.

That is what the 2354x builds are best at.

I'm still looking to try the latest 282xx series build.

Thank you every one for your contributions to these forums.

Edited by cac2us

Guest byutzy

"Platformrebuilder has crashed due some incompatible XIP or OEM modules. Please try changing you modules selection and try again."

I didn't change any of the OEM or XIP packages, just copied them into the directory. I'm using build 21874 if that helps.

Guest byutzy
already did both of these and still lost the home screen. actually discovered a trial of spb ms 3.5 today and it ran amazingly fast so i may try doing something with that... still can't figure out how to make a .gif a .nb for a splash screen on boot up. right now i get a blank screen, the vzw sound, then my blank today screen.

Make sure your .gif in 240x400 and then name it Ani_Poweroff.gif or Ani_Poweron.gif for the off and on splash screens respectively. Copy the gifs to /Sources/OEM/<device>/OEMApps/

Use Photoscape to resize if needed. It's free.

Also if you want to change the sounds they're called pwr_on.wav and pwr_off.wav in the same folder.

You may also have to uncheck "hide protected operating system files" and select "show hidden files, folders, and drives" in your folder options. I had to so I could see some files.

Edited by byutzy

Guest cac2us

When I first ran Kitchen v1.23b, I tried to just copy all of the folders without extracting the SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.exe.

I got a few errors.

So I spent the 30+ minutes to let the kitchen put the files where they need to go.

v1.23b works good for now.

Is there a better way to setup the kitchen, if there is I would like to know of it.

v1.25 sounds tempting...

Edited by cac2us

Guest thekevster
"Platformrebuilder has crashed due some incompatible XIP or OEM modules. Please try changing you modules selection and try again."

I didn't change any of the OEM or XIP packages, just copied them into the directory. I'm using build 21874 if that helps.

did you structure the SYS in the way that the kitchen requires?

Guest thekevster
When I first ran Kitchen v1.23b, I tried to just copy all of the folders without extracting the SCH-i910 User upgrade tool v1.0.5.3.exe.

I got a few errors.

So I spent the 30+ minutes to let the kitchen put the files where they need to go.

v1.23b works good for now.

Is there a better way to setup the kitchen, if there is I would like to know of it.

v1.25 sounds tempting...

thats exactly what i did to go from 1.23b to 1.25 and it worked fine for me without a single error. i only copied over the sources folder though, and the recmod files from resources from warewmike.

i also ran oskitchen ocne and skipped the ROM import to let it set up the folder structure, then i closed it out and began copying over.

Guest cac2us
thats exactly what i did to go from 1.23b to 1.25 and it worked fine for me without a single error. i only copied over the sources folder though, and the recmod files from resources from warewmike.

i also ran oskitchen ocne and skipped the ROM import to let it set up the folder structure, then i closed it out and began copying over.

Thanks, I think that's all I needed to do...

Guest cac2us

Is it jus me, or is any one else finding that File Explorer is having issues reading the SD card?

Some times I get a popup to soft reset.

Something about SDcard not supported.

This has been happening with;

23110, 23639 and 21755.

Using v1.15 or v1.25.

Cooking for i910.

Also, I allready have the folder "WinCENLS_WWE" in my Sources\ROM\i910\XIP folder.

Should I have the same folder in my Sources\SYS\2xxxx\Common folder?

EDIT:

I found it was time to clean up my 8GB Micro SD Card.

Funny thing that Pocket Mechanic Pro could not deal with scandisk or formating it from my i910.

I had to slip the card into my backup 6800 (Titan) to scan & format the card.

I won't be using my i910 as an SD card reader. Just for the My Storage.

Besides the hardware keyboard, the "Hot Swapable" card slot is what I miss the most.

Edited by cac2us