MCR r22.1 archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest smirnophe
I doubt it too.. it's quite annoying to have every contact double display in 'Phone'

Anyone have work around to solve this issue ?

By doing so enable me to see the headset , but still can not pair with N1. Stuck at 'Pairing...'

BTW, I'm using Jawbone Prime.

Tried it again today after my post and it doesn't work anymore :D

I hope BT support will be better in beta :D

++

Guest smirnophe

One question/request :

Is it possible to use contact app included in Cyanogen's v5.0.3 ROM in Sense 2 ?

If yes where can I find the apk ?

Contact's shortcuts are much better in Cyanogen's v5.0.3 ROM :D

++

Tried it again today after my post and it doesn't work anymore :D

I hope BT support will be better in beta :D

++

U tried different combination of order of switching on phone bluetooth and headset bluetooth? I havent tried it personally, but my memory from HERO was that only certain combination result in successful pairing. ( i think it was headset on first, the phone bluetooth, cant remember the exact detail)

Guest stephen293

I'm not sure why, but is anybody having trouble with Market?

It is def synced up but when I try to install something (i.e. Bedside) it freezes on "Authorizing Purchase" (for paid apps) and "Starting Download" (for free apps).

I tested this over both 3G and wifi and also rebooted.

Everything works great overall except for this.

Guest Richard557

hey guys im very suprised we arnt talking about FLash working yet .. i know theres some guy got farmville and mafia wars working .i cant get either working .. gametrailers not working get yellow triangle .. not enough memory... spankwire.com is the only site that works .. also the BBC iplayer not working ... do we need to tweak something to get thee to work ? anyone got any info on this

Cheers

GREAT WORK PAUL !

Just another bump for bluetooth. Thats always been the deal breaker for me when I was using the G1, I do a lot of calling and hands free is a must. I did load the ROM up anyways to see what all the hype was about and I must say it rocks. I use to try Sense on my G1 and would take it back off...people would say its fast, perfect, great, bla bla bla..it sucked. It wasnt stable, it wasnt fast after a few days, tried all different swap settings and so on..the G1 just wouldnt handle Sense the way I needed it to.

I have returned to Cyans but I can tell you what I have seen here with the Nexus and Sense completely blows anything for the G1 out of the water. Demolishes it. Great work Paul..if this ROM does get bluetooth working on it I will be all over it again. For those of you that do not require bluetooth enjoy these builds, they sure look sweet.

On Alpha 7 and man i don't want to go back, the Sense UI is amazing!

I'm getting the problem of certain apps not found in Market as well. Try 'Evernote' from evernote.com

I use this one alot, i'll try to find the .apk of this one and push it it myself

Hi,

any chance you can include the new 2.6.32 kernel. CM 5.0.3 is so freakin fast with it.

Besides that: great work!!!

Thanks

Alex

You can do it yourself!!! I'm running the undervolted .32 which can be found here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=634587

works great!

instructions:

download and unzip

boot phone into fastboot

fastboot flash zimage zImage

then reboot your phone

and:

adb push bcm4329.ko /system/lib/modules

to enable wifi

Edited by jdoo

I doubt it too.. it's quite annoying to have every contact double display in 'Phone'

Anyone have work around to solve this issue ?

I "solved" this by deleting all the contacts off my simcard :D

I found another bug, or at least unintended behavior with contacts.

I use google contacts exclusively and sync to a group called 'my contacts'. I was messing with the widget that will pull a contact group and display a list of contacts (people, style 2). When I went into the contacts app to edit a contact into the group displayed it DELETED the contact from 'my contacts' and was therefore completely gone from my main contacts list. The only way to see the contact was to look in the group I put it in. I removed the group label and the contact was completely deleted from the phone and my online account :lol:

I'm pretty sure this is unintended behavior since if you do the same group assignment operations on the gmail website on your computer it doesnt remove contacts from 'my contacts' just because you assigned them to the 'friends' group also.

A few other bugs/glitches I've found:

1 - When using live wallpaper (i'm using bezier) and the smaller htc music playing widget the entire screen will lock up for several seconds at a time before you can input anything

2 - I had a problem with missed calls. Had 3g enabled (ere36b radio, 2.6.32 undervolted kernel). My girlfriend called me while sitting across the table from me and it never rang. When she called me again it rang. Perhaps this has something to do with the checkbox in 'settings->wireless&networks->mobile networks->enable always on mobile'.

3 - Instead of swiping you can hit 'menu' at the lockscreen to unlock the phone (intended behavior?)

4 - SD card operations (on phone, not usb mass storage) seem a lot slower? I have newsrob set up to download my articles to SD and delete read articles when I sync. Deleting ~400 read articles now takes several minutes, while using any other rom this operation takes <1min.

5 - Browser only supports 4 open windows simultaneously, would be nice if this # could be increased

6 - Voice input rarely/never works. It seems like it doesnt enable the microphone or something

7 - Using the buttons on the headphones that came with the N1 seems to control the android music player, not the HTC sense music player. Can lead to situations with 2 music players playing simultaneously :D (maybe user error tho hahaha)

Even with all of that stuff though, this rom is excellent! Thanks for your hard work Paul!!!!

Guest Mi|enko

Guys, the duplicate contacts is easy to fix. Just go into one of them, and you'll see an option to link contacts at the upper right. Link all of the dupes and it'll bring in all the info from the different sources into one consolidated contact (for example, I had triplicates of people that were in my android contact book, facebook, and added to my corporate contacts). Linking them solved the problem. Additionally, after you link 'em, you can even choose where the contact picture comes from (which linked account).

Ps. Deleting any of the contacts may be a bad idea, because if you switch to a different rom you may be missing contacts you deleted as dupes.

Edited by Mi|enko

Guest Mi|enko
Love this rom great job only thing i miss is Picasa sync is there anyway for me too add that ?

many thanks

Read a couple pages back. The Gallery3D.apk has already been posted.