Back to the Basics (UPDATED CF03, DC22 & DF14) - Reformed Flashaholic

Guest dgyahn

Guest Agsigert

So I have decided to do the same and have changed my i910 to run this ROM with all your suggested registry edits and cab's. I really think I am going to like this setup but I am having an issue now with several programs not running due to a problem with teh .NET Compact Framework. Several applications wil not run and send error messages that the application required a newr version of .NET compact Framework. Any ideas? i have done the Forced .NET cab, verified the latest .NET 3.5.7283 version is installed.

Thanks

So I have decided to do the same and have changed my i910 to run this ROM with all your suggested registry edits and cab's. I really think I am going to like this setup but I am having an issue now with several programs not running due to a problem with teh .NET Compact Framework. Several applications wil not run and send error messages that the application required a newr version of .NET compact Framework. Any ideas? i have done the Forced .NET cab, verified the latest .NET 3.5.7283 version is installed.

Thanks

Here is how I fixed that. There are 2 methods to do this. If the first one doesn't work you will have to use method 2.

Method 1:

1. Download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 CAB from Post #1 and install it to "My Storage"

2. Download the Force NCFv35 CAB from Post #1 and install to "Device Memory"

3. Soft reset your device

Method 2:

1. Download the Official DF14 installer from Post #1

2. Install to your device

3. Hard reset your device

4. Download the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 CAB from Post #1 and install it to "My Storage"

5. Download the Force NCFv35 CAB from Post #1 and install to "Device Memory"

6. Soft reset your device

I always use Method 2 when updating the ROM on my phone, that way I get rid of anything that may have been lingering over from my previous ROM. Hope this works for you as my device is error free when using this procedure.

Edited by dgyahn

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dgyahn
In your JPG sample images, how did you get screenshot 4 and 5? Specifically, how did you customize the Apple launcher screen to add weather? For #5, what app is giving you those thumbnail dialers? Thanks

Hi Fleanote,

The weather you see in screenshot 4 is the Weatherbug Direct app listed in Post #1. Weatherbug Direct is a today screen plugin. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Weatherbug check box. You can configure it from the Today screen.

The thumbnail dialer is part of the Samsung Today 2 screen (screenshots #1 and #5). Download and install the SamsungToday2.cab file from the bottom of Post #1 to your Main Memory. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Samsung Today 2 box.

Edited by dgyahn

Guest Fleanote
Hi Fleanote,

The weather you see in screenshot 4 is the Weatherbug Direct app listed in Post #1. Weatherbug Direct is a today screen plugin. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Weatherbug check box. You can configure it from the Today screen.

The thumbnail dialer is part of the Samsung Today 2 screen (screenshots #1 and #5). Download and install the SamsungToday2.cab file from the bottom of Post #1 to your Main Memory. You activate it by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on the Samsung Today 2 box.

Thanks, theWeather works fine, but no matter how many times I reinstall the Today2 cab it doesnt appear in the HOME settings. Also, are the icons you need downloadble on the net? The default batch that come with the IPhone Today app only has soo many - where did you get that Opera 10 icon? Web search? included with the install in the directory (I looked in my Opera 10 folder and didn't see an icon in any of the folders.)

Lastly, and sorry for all the questions. Assuming I can't get the Samsung Today 2 home screen for the 'face dialing' could the Apple skin be configured to show a face as an icon and dial accordingly? Of course that may be a question for the application designer...

Thanks again for everything..this is my last flash before shifting to Windows Phone 7 in January (Verizon)

Guest dgyahn
Thanks, theWeather works fine, but no matter how many times I reinstall the Today2 cab it doesnt appear in the HOME settings. Also, are the icons you need downloadble on the net? The default batch that come with the IPhone Today app only has soo many - where did you get that Opera 10 icon? Web search? included with the install in the directory (I looked in my Opera 10 folder and didn't see an icon in any of the folders.)

Lastly, and sorry for all the questions. Assuming I can't get the Samsung Today 2 home screen for the 'face dialing' could the Apple skin be configured to show a face as an icon and dial accordingly? Of course that may be a question for the application designer...

Thanks again for everything..this is my last flash before shifting to Windows Phone 7 in January (Verizon)

Hi Freanote,

Sorry, my bad. There are two Weatherbug programs I use. Weatherbug and Weatherbug Direct. Weatherbug is the Today Screen plug-in. Weatherbug Direct is the web application. Download Weatherbug from Post #1 and install to your phone. You can activate it's settings by going to Start\Settings\Today\Items and checking on its corresponding box.

I've attached the iPhone icon sets I use. Hope this helps.

iReflect_1__158_.zip

iReflect_2__162_Icons_.zip

Edited by dgyahn

Guest dgyahn

Fleanote,

Here is the 3rd icon set for iPhone.

iReflect_3__149_Icons_.zip

Guest dgyahn

Fleanote,

I don't know if the iPhone app allows for a favorite call icon. Here is the Faq site for the options. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542727. Take a look at Post #3 on that site.

Edited by dgyahn

Guest Fleanote
Fleanote,

I don't know if the iPhone app allows for a favorite call icon. Here is the Faq site for the options. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=542727. Take a look at Post #3 on that site.

PNG collection is awesome buddy, thank you so much. I've got everything set expcet the face dialer now. Short of SPB, is there anyway to get face dialing? I still haven't been able to succesfully install Today_2 cab to get the dialer in screenshot #5. Trying the direct registry change now.

Guest Fleanote
PNG collection is awesome buddy, thank you so much. I've got everything set expcet the face dialer now. Short of SPB, is there anyway to get face dialing? I still haven't been able to succesfully install Today_2 cab to get the dialer in screenshot #5. Trying the direct registry change now.

no dice with the Today_2 cab. I verified the registry entries as matching. It's not a big deal, I'll find a face dialer that launches as a single icon somewhere. As for the Sound INIT reghack to boost the volume, can it be set for louder? I have bad hearing and i'm straining to hear - can the string just be boosted by 1 with resets in between to get it louder?

Install the SamsungToday2.cab to your Main Memory and soft rest the phone. Then go to Start\Settings\Today\Items and select the Samsung Today 2 item. This will give you a picture dialer on the Phonebook icon on your Today Screen.

I've attached a free photo dialer today page plug-in at the bottom of this post you can use if the Samsung Today 2 doesn't work for you.

In addition you can download the M2D cab from Post #1 and use it.

post-538633-1286744465_thumb.png

post-538633-1286744588_thumb.png

post-538633-1286744597_thumb.png

Samsung_Today_2.cab

PhotoDialerTodayPlugin.cab

post-538633-1286752765_thumb.png

post-538633-1286752787_thumb.png

post-538633-1286752794_thumb.png

Edited by dgyahn

no dice with the Today_2 cab. I verified the registry entries as matching. It's not a big deal, I'll find a face dialer that launches as a single icon somewhere. As for the Sound INIT reghack to boost the volume, can it be set for louder? I have bad hearing and i'm straining to hear - can the string just be boosted by 1 with resets in between to get it louder?

Good question for the boost call volume. I haven't used any setting but what is listed. Feel free to change it to what ever you like just be careful you don't blow out your speaker.

Guest Fleanote
Good question for the boost call volume. I haven't used any setting but what is listed. Feel free to change it to what ever you like just be careful you don't blow out your speaker.

It must be the ROM I have installed (BGILL55's latest) because those cabs (Today 2 and the Photo Dialer you provided) both install just fine but do not appear in the Today/Items menu. Don't sweat it, you've already done more than enough.

Also, the volume INIT hack does work incrementally, but I found 4 to be just about right for hearing calls.

I found a face contact app that works from a company called CNETX, but before I buy it, I wanted to probe you for one more question:

For face dialing, I want to be able to tap the CONTACTS key and have a face dialer pop up rather than the default contact listing from A-Z. Whose app (paid or free) will come closest to that (excluding SPB mobile shell which takes over the entire face/skin)?

Once again, thanks for everything! - fleanote

It must be the ROM I have installed (BGILL55's latest) because those cabs (Today 2 and the Photo Dialer you provided) both install just fine but do not appear in the Today/Items menu. Don't sweat it, you've already done more than enough.

Also, the volume INIT hack does work incrementally, but I found 4 to be just about right for hearing calls.

I found a face contact app that works from a company called CNETX, but before I buy it, I wanted to probe you for one more question:

For face dialing, I want to be able to tap the CONTACTS key and have a face dialer pop up rather than the default contact listing from A-Z. Whose app (paid or free) will come closest to that (excluding SPB mobile shell which takes over the entire face/skin)?

Once again, thanks for everything! - fleanote

Sorry but you're right. The Samsung Today 2 cab only works on the stock Omnia ROMs. As for the contacts key, I like Resco's Contact Manager. The link is Post #1. You can change it's setting to launch whenever you press the contacts icon. Here are some pics.

post-538633-1286900189_thumb.png

post-538633-1286900281_thumb.png

Guest Fleanote
I've updated Post #1 to reflect how to get internet tethering working through your Omnia Wi-Fi connection.

Resco it is. I can't seem to re-arrange my favorites, but I can live with that. I'm done!! Once again thanks for all of your help. WinMo customization rocks!

Do you have any recomendations for a thorough mobile phone backup app? Let's just say I want to hard reset this device to clean up the sh*t, and restore it to exactly all the apps, icons, favorites I just spent a week customizing...what do you recommend?

Resco it is. I can't seem to re-arrange my favorites, but I can live with that. I'm done!! Once again thanks for all of your help. WinMo customization rocks!

Do you have any recomendations for a thorough mobile phone backup app? Let's just say I want to hard reset this device to clean up the sh*t, and restore it to exactly all the apps, icons, favorites I just spent a week customizing...what do you recommend?

You're welcome. The Resco Contact Manager sorts your favorites alphabetically. You can't change the sort order but it does everything I need it to do. I use Resco Backup for my phone backup needs, just make sure you backup to your storage card so you don't loose everything when you reset your phone. You can find it here: http://www.resco.net/pocketpc/backup/default.asp. Another popular backup program is SPB backup although I haven't tried it. You can find it here: http://spb.com/pocketpc-software/backup/.

Edited by dgyahn

• 1 month later...
Guest thedeathofme

dgyahn,

Thank you for the post, this was EXACTLY what I've been looking for!

Just one quick question...

If my device is now running a flashed 6.5 ROM, can I use the Samsung link in post #1 to flash back to 6.1 DF14 without doing anything else first?

Thanks

dgyahn,

Thank you for the post, this was EXACTLY what I've been looking for!

Just one quick question...

If my device is now running a flashed 6.5 ROM, can I use the Samsung link in post #1 to flash back to 6.1 DF14 without doing anything else first?

Thanks

I've had no problem in going back to WM 6.1 from WM 6.5 or 6.5.x using the official update. Just download the file and run it and you should be good to go.

Guest thedeathofme
I've had no problem in going back to WM 6.1 from WM 6.5 or 6.5.x using the official update. Just download the file and run it and you should be good to go.

When I run the file it says "Your Device Does Not Match a Version [this tool only support to upgrade OMNIA i910]"

I'm using an i910... I don't inderstand.

edit: Just flashed CF03 file using UMDL, everything is OK now

Edited by thedeathofme

• 2 months later...
Guest Randy7628

Thank you for this post. It has all the good stuff right there where it's needed. I have to agree that the original apps and tools and designs of the original ROM is what works best for me. The only problem I ever had was that so many things just weren't finger friendly and I have stubby fingers. I ended up flashing a 6.5 ROM just for the finger friendliness and that it just happened to be a "stock" rom with all of the original Verizon Omnia stuff in it. Your post has helped me sort out a few things. Thank you very much!