[ROM] Liquid Community ROM v1.7.3 [27/07/10]

Guest behnaam

Guest audiobastard

yeah, the bin is badword.

If someone could help me work through this issue or has an idea of what could be wrong, I'd really appreciate the help. But, other than this problem, I love this rom.

side note: my dumbarse just figured out how to use adb comands. Who'd a thunk all i have to do is type in adb.. lol.

Downloaded another compass app and seems my phones compass isn't broken. Street view seems to use it correctly. I can't understand why gps navi and google navi don't use it correctly.

HAHA ;) do you think that part of the problem might be that I leave my phone charging on my desktop lololol. Cleared all the data on maps; then i updated google maps. Now in maps the arrow is turning in the correct direction. the test will be with navigation.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest malez
It's Titanium Backup, guy ;) but be sure your system is rooted.

nandroid just help help back to the previous works.

Nandroid backup will save/restore all the system and titanium backups will backup/restore onlythe apps you specified

Titanium backup requires root and busybox to be installed. Both root and bysybox can be installed via malez recovery since 0.4

Don't restore your apps data on a different system if the apps backup was made on a different system that the one your are running on, or you could encouted crash. The safer is to restore apps only, not data if you have changed you system.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
yeah, the bin is badword.

If someone could help me work through this issue or has an idea of what could be wrong, I'd really appreciate the help. But, other than this problem, I love this rom.

side note: my dumbarse just figured out how to use adb comands. Who'd a thunk all i have to do is type in adb.. lol.

Downloaded another compass app and seems my phones compass isn't broken. Street view seems to use it correctly. I can't understand why gps navi and google navi don't use it correctly.

HAHA ;) do you think that part of the problem might be that I leave my phone charging on my desktop lololol. Cleared all the data on maps; then i updated google maps. Now in maps the arrow is turning in the correct direction. the test will be with navigation.

Maybe a stupid proposition : as your phone was charging it has generated a magnetic field that could have disturbe your copmpass. Thell us if the issue is fixed.

Guest Seth Cold
Maybe a stupid proposition : as your phone was charging it has generated a magnetic field that could have disturbe your copmpass. Thell us if the issue is fixed.

my question is.. why does he flash superboot?? its not needed when using a rooted custom rom...

Guest Seth Cold
well then what the hell. Why is it only doing it in the 2.1 roms for me and not 1.6. I use acer tool to install the bin. Then I install superboot. Then I install the recovery. Wipe, wipe, install new rom.

F*Ck it, i'm gonna reinstall and hope it works. I know at least one other person had this same problem but since no one else here seems to have the issue, I guess its just me. Just when I thought i found the perfect 2.1 rom, this crap. Oh the life of a flashaholic. Thanks guys for the quick response.

I'm going to do a clean install and then only test the navi before installing anything on there.

Well, i can confirm i'm getting the problem on the .008 bin. I'm gonna try the 1.6 see if it works.

Works on 1.6 with no issues whatsover. This is totally retarded. What the hell is so different for me going from 1.6 to 2.1.

Me, anzo, and ninlour have the same problem

this guy ˆ

Guest Borkata
Can someone help me to understand why i cannot succeed to change the first splash screen?

Here is what I did :

- I took a picture (.jpg) in 800 * 480, 24 bits

- I use the CreateG1Splash.exe utility to convert it in raw format -> Got a mysplash.rgb565 file

- I rebooted the Liquid in bootloader mode

- I sent the command : fastboot -i 0x0502 flash splash1 mysplash.rgb565

- No error. The splash1 partition is found, and the mysplash.rgb565 correctly flashed

But when I reboot the device, no change - still the same old splash screen.

I could not find until now any thread about changing the first splash screen on the Liquid, so if someone has the solution, many thanks in advance for helping me to sort it out...

I think you should try with png image

Guest audiobastard
Yes superboot is useless in this operation

yeah, i guess you're right. ;) I figured it was redundant but I also figured it was harmless.

I'm glad you're gettin a kick out of my weak flashing skillz. I was just doing what worked from first tutorial I ever used on flashing. I'll let ya know if anything changed with navi tomorrow.

malez, i sent you pm

Edited by audiobastard

Guest Alwin999

During flashin the 008.bin everything went wrong. The acer tool says 'error failed flash'. Now I have a not working and starting Acer anymore!!!!!

When I turn my phone on, It just says 'USB init' and then powers off again!!

Even try to flash It again with acer tools, but says not connected. HELP!!

Guest Riekr

yeah it works fine, it doesn't seem to hang anymore like in my previous tests.

thanks!

btw: i was not able to reinstall setcpu since i only deleted setcpu.apk from /system/app. i solved uninstalling from settings->applications.

for those trying to uninstall xt9 i just did this:

adb remount

adb shell rm /system/app/XT9IME.apk

adb shell rm -r /data/data/com.nuance.xt9.input

adb uninstall com.nuance.xt9.input

adb shell rm -r /data/dalvik-cache/*

adb reboot

this will also wipe dalvik cache and reboot the device so take care.

Guest malez
During flashin the 008.bin everything went wrong. The acer tool says 'error failed flash'. Now I have a not working and starting Acer anymore!!!!!

When I turn my phone on, It just says 'USB init' and then powers off again!!

Even try to flash It again with acer tools, but says not connected. HELP!!

Wath you see "usb init " must be the bootloader.

So plug your phone on your computer with usb and power it on.

Usb init should stay. You will see a dark screen with text and a moving with bar on top.

You need a computer with android sdk installed on it.

1) install malez recovery with fastboot (http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/wiki/howToInstall)

2) reboot in recovery (use the combo button : hit camera + volume down and without releasing them hit power button and the phone will vibrate two times. Release. Just hit the power button and wait for it to boot into recovery.)

3) Flash LCR_1.3.upate.zip (flash/test menu -> install any zip)

You will have you system back

Contact me by PM for more help

Guest Alwin999
Wath you see "usb init " must be the bootloader.

So plug your phone on your computer with usb and power it on.

Usb init should stay. You will see a dark screen with text and a moving with bar on top.

You need a computer with android sdk installed on it.

1) install malez recovery with fastboot (http://code.google.com/p/acer-liquid-malez-recovery/wiki/howToInstall)

2) reboot in recovery (use the combo button : hit camera + volume down and without releasing them hit power button and the phone will vibrate two times. Release. Just hit the power button and wait for it to boot into recovery.)

3) Flash LCR_1.3.upate.zip (flash/test menu -> install any zip)

You will have you system back

Contact me by PM for more help

You're the best. My Acer is working again. Keep up doing the good work. I like people like you on the net!

Guest malez
You're the best. My Acer is working again. Keep up doing the good work. I like people like you on the net!

Good news. happy to read that. I think you were affraid for a certain time ;) I am often affraid when doing some special tests on my liquid. But there is always a solution. If bootloader is here, solution is there. If you appreciate my work, support me. (I am preparing 3 differents things for liquid at the moment)

Guest glassman2010

Malez,

Thanks for the good work on this ROM.

I have 2 issues :

- I am not able to use MMS at all (sending and receiving simply don't work). I use Virgin Mobile, which is an MVNO on the Orange France network.

- Sometimes (receiving a call while I was using the phone), the phone hangs for 15 seconds, black screen, then everything comes back.

I already wiped everything, just restored call log, SMS & MMS using MyBackup. Same problem.

I went back to the stock donut build as I really need the MMS functionnality.

Guest audiobastard

well, tested out the navi today. Copilot is running upside down (arrow moves away from directions on screen) and google maps is running sideways. Yes, i did change to up is my direction and not up is north. So, there it is. Nothing got better.

Guest malez
Malez,

Thanks for the good work on this ROM.

I have 2 issues :

- I am not able to use MMS at all (sending and receiving simply don't work). I use Virgin Mobile, which is an MVNO on the Orange France network.

- Sometimes (receiving a call while I was using the phone), the phone hangs for 15 seconds, black screen, then everything comes back.

I already wiped everything, just restored call log, SMS & MMS using MyBackup. Same problem.

I went back to the stock donut build as I really need the MMS functionnality.

SMS works even with Virgin Mobile. I have personnaly tested. Don't restore you call and mms at all. That's why you fail. Wipe and don't restore. It will work.

Guest malez
well, tested out the navi today. Copilot is running upside down (arrow moves away from directions on screen) and google maps is running sideways. Yes, i did change to up is my direction and not up is north. So, there it is. Nothing got better.

I have tested copilot today and direction is good on my phone. Hardware relative ?

Guest audiobastard
I have tested copilot today and direction is good on my phone. Hardware relative ?

Its hard to say because the google maps regular application turns properly, but the google navigation and copilot are off. The compass application I downloaded seems to be using my magnetometer fine, its just the gps navigation that's wrong. Street view is working properly as well.

I did just test it. If there is a way to put up a log of what happened, please let me know. I don't think i can use logcat and then recreat the issue since my computer is indoors, but I many not completely understand what logcat does so...lemme know.

Edited by audiobastard

Guest malez
Its hard to say because the google maps regular application turns properly, but the google navigation and copilot are off. The compass application I downloaded seems to be using my magnetometer fine, its just the gps navigation that's wrong. Street view is working properly as well.

I did just test it. If there is a way to put up a log of what happened, please let me know. I don't think i can use logcat and then recreat the issue since my computer is indoors, but I many not completely understand what logcat does so...lemme know.

http://m.eclipsim.com/gpsstatus/ Is the app I use to test compass and gps info. I have not done s long trip since new bin only short walking. I have recorded my today walk with mytrack and record was good. will retry copilit andnav. I use brut version for maps

Guest malez

I have added an app called logsend. when problem occurs run the app and send the log.

Guest audiobastard
http://m.eclipsim.com/gpsstatus/ Is the app I use to test compass and gps info. I have not done s long trip since new bin only short walking. I have recorded my today walk with mytrack and record was good. will retry copilit andnav. I use brut version for maps

well I downloaded gps status and it seems to read the compass properly.

Guest dguerre
Nandroid backup will save/restore all the system and titanium backups will backup/restore onlythe apps you specified

Titanium backup requires root and busybox to be installed. Both root and bysybox can be installed via malez recovery since 0.4

Don't restore your apps data on a different system if the apps backup was made on a different system that the one your are running on, or you could encouted crash. The safer is to restore apps only, not data if you have changed you system.

Thanks for your answers I'll keep that in mind if i decide to upgrade to one of the custom Eclair ROM's.

Guest maxisma
Is Ext4 for apps2sd already possible? If i try it, apps2sd won't work? Or is it me ;) ?

It's not.

Ext4 isn't good for SDcards anyway: Better use ext2.