TG02 £599.99 PRE-ORDER NOW ? ? ?

Guest grahame30

Guest grahame30

ROLL UP ROLL UP !!! READ ALL ABOUT IT !!!

PRE-ORDER YOUR TOSHIBA TG02 TODAY FOT THE BARGAIN PRICE OF £599.99

http://www.superetrader.co.uk/toshiba-tg02...ed-p-11728.html

SPECS !!!!

Toshiba TG02 Specification post-656506-1266789881_thumb.jpg

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900

3G Network HSDPA 2100

Size

Dimensions 126 x 66 x 9.9 mm

Weight 119 g

Display

Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 65K colors

Size 480 x 800 pixels, 4.1 inches

Touch-sensitive navigation controls

Accelerometer sensor for auto-rotate

3D user interface

Shake control

Sound Alert types

Vibration; Downloadable polyphonic, MP3 ringtones

Speakerphone

Memory

Phonebook Practically unlimited entries and fields, Photocall

Call records Practically unlimited

Internal 256 MB RAM, 512 MB ROM

Card slot microSD, up to 16GB

Data GPRS Class 10 (4+1/3+2 slots), 32 48 kbps

EDGE Class 10, 236.8 kbps

3G HSDPA, HSUPA

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11b/g

Bluetooth Yes, v2.0 with A2DP

Infrared port No

USB Yes, microUSB

Camera Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, autofocus

Features Videocalling

Video Yes, VGA@30fps

Features

OS Microsoft Windows Mobile 6.5 Professional "what happened to the wm7" i think tosh just playin safe and not sticking there necks out !

CPU Qualcomm Snapdragon QSD8250 1 GHz processor

Messaging SMS (threaded view), EMS, MMS, Email

Browser WAP 2.0/xHTML, HTML (IE)

Radio No

Games Yes

Colors Black, White

GPS Yes, with A-GPS support

Java Yes, MIDP 2.0

Pocket Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, PDF viewer)

MP3/MP4 player

Facebook and YouTube apps

Photo editor

Voice memo/dial

Organizer

Battery Standard battery, Li-Ion 1000 mAh

Stand-by Up to 5 h

Talk time Up to 275 h

Edited by grahame30

Guest useyourfist

Too many problems with tg01 to consider buying any toshiba device from now on as they have exteremly poor aftersales care they get your cash then ignor any problems i advise everyone to send a strong message to tosh by not buying anyhting from them until they sort themselves out

Guest grahame30
Too many problems with tg01 to consider buying any toshiba device from now on as they have exteremly poor aftersales care they get your cash then ignor any problems i advise everyone to send a strong message to tosh by not buying anyhting from them until they sort themselves out

COULD NOT AGREE MORE !!!!!!

Guest paroariax
That's why I won't be buying one.

Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is wrong with a capacitive touchscreen? I tried one on my friend's iphone (don't worry I washed my hands afterwards :( ). They certainly respond to a much lighter touch than the resistive touchscreen do, which should eliminate the issue of lighter touches being inaccurate. I do have concerns about whether a double-click would be reliable on a capacitive touchscreen however.

Guest GabbaGabbaHey
Forgive my ignorance but what exactly is wrong with a capacitive touchscreen?

I use my stylus extensively, and this does not work with a capacitive screen. I have around 35 lines of data on my Today screen (using TodayAgenda and other software), and there would be no easy way to select one of these these with a capacitive screen.

I also use Letter Recogniser for all my text input, and I can write at normal handwriting speed and have my input recognised - again, this is not possible with a capacitive screen.

My wife has an iPhone (sadly), and I have tried her screen and I would never want such a thing. It may be OK for the Kool Dudz (i.e., those who are under 12 years of age), and people who are so technophobic that they have difficulty dealing with a light switch, but I could not ever imagine a sensible adult wanting one.

Guest josearagon

I agree with no buy any more toshiba. We haven't any help from their part. So next any other phone but no TG01 or TG02.

Yes is big fast and bla bla bla.... but if we want play with it no posible.

And I asc why not?

Is my phone?

I pay for it. Yes? Yes.

I think we have a right to do with it watever we want.....

So if you haven't souport from toshiba just go XXXX......

I got the TG01 it was a bad decision, so my personal advise for newbies is to wait until the product has been released and try it first before to get one, toshiba support is really bad, I paid like 800 bucks for a phone which doesn't work to make calls and the manufacturer keeps telling me "we will launch an update soon"..

cheers,

Hlov

Guest kevinpwhite
I use my stylus extensively, and this does not work with a capacitive screen. I have around 35 lines of data on my Today screen (using TodayAgenda and other software), and there would be no easy way to select one of these these with a capacitive screen.

I also use Letter Recogniser for all my text input, and I can write at normal handwriting speed and have my input recognised - again, this is not possible with a capacitive screen.

Agree 100%. No stylus capability = no good.

Though I am finding that the 'finger-friendly' capability of Mobile Shell also has its attractions in some situations. So having BOTH finger control (mainly for phone and music playing) AND proper high resolution stylus control (mainly for PIM apps) seems the best of both worlds :(

I am still finding my way round some aspects of WM6.5's registry settings after years of WM2003SE, but overall think the TG01 is a decent piece of kit with a lot of long term potential. IMO the single biggest omission is the lack of a separate 3.5mm audio jack, since the expected external uUSB standard power interface adapter is not yet available on the aftermarket. But they will no doubt appear in a while. In the meantime, either just run on battery (which lasts pretty well considering) and swap a charged spare when needed or use a Bluetooth audio adpater. With a 160GB external HD into the uUSB host and a BT adapter to a decent pair of earphones it's a serious portable media centre !

Sadly I am getting the feeling that the TG01 may well be the last proper device with an R screen. So it's going to have to last a long time !

Regards,

Kevin

Guest paroariax

I understand where you 2 are coming from with the stylus issue. I started out with a WM2003SE PDA, and I used the stylus extensively. I found the handwriting recognition impressively accurate, but the low resolution screen meant I could only do a few words at a time, so it was faster to use the keyboard. I originally intended to use a stylus with my TG01 but quickly got addicted to the freedom of not needing one. I'm curious as to where you guys keep your stylus, since the TG01 doesn't have a hole to put it in?

As for the future, I've seen a demo of one capacitive stylus, but it was so thick you might as well be using a finger. Maybe they'll bring out some thinner, more pointed capacitive styluses (styli?) in the future.

Guest kevinpwhite
I understand where you 2 are coming from with the stylus issue. I started out with a WM2003SE PDA, and I used the stylus extensively. I found the handwriting recognition impressively accurate, but the low resolution screen meant I could only do a few words at a time, so it was faster to use the keyboard. I originally intended to use a stylus with my TG01 but quickly got addicted to the freedom of not needing one. I'm curious as to where you guys keep your stylus, since the TG01 doesn't have a hole to put it in?

As for the future, I've seen a demo of one capacitive stylus, but it was so thick you might as well be using a finger. Maybe they'll bring out some thinner, more pointed capacitive styluses (styli?) in the future.

WM2003SE didn't necessarily mean low-res ! The Toshiba e830 I used for years (up till last November) is 640x480 VGA 4" TFT - I have been waiting until something which could match that appeared before moving to a more modern device. The TG01 just about equals the screen, being a bit longer but narrower although of course the extra 200 pixels in length.

As to the stylus - it is a pain not having an onboard stowage, but I either use a 4-in one (stylus, pen, laser, LED torch) in a jacket pocket when out or otherwise just keep a Toshiba stylus in a shirt pocket. Not ideal but and unfortunate and unavoudable compromise.

Afraid at this point in time capacitive styli appear to be a no-hope for anything approaching reasonable pointing dexterity/resolution suitable for handwriting.

Regards,

Kevin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest The Real Mc Coy

Same for me... TG01 is my last Toshiba device... I will now stick to HTC !

But I won't change until WP7 is out...

Edited by The Real Mc Coy