Bizarre TG01 touchscreen issue....

Guest Mysterious Stranger

Noticed somthing odd on my TG01 today - a kinda 'film' over the lcd - like washing up liquid on water - crazy small shapes withh a purple hazey reflection...similar when something oily gets onto water or something flat...

Tried cleaning it off. It's under the top layer and I can move it with my fingers around inside, similar to getting water between a digitiser and glass on an old style lcd screen.

Touch panel still works, can't see it when illuminated, bizarely it has exact straight lines that are in from the edge of the lcd - with block keyboard up approx one letter in from the edge either side fully top to bottom. Not been dropped, wet or abused but has been in pockets with no case / screen protector.

Any ideas? Anyone else got it? No photo shows it up :-( Time to call orange care methinks. Had paid for an unlock for it too :-(

M.S

Noticed somthing odd on my TG01 today - a kinda 'film' over the lcd - like washing up liquid on water - crazy small shapes withh a purple hazey reflection...similar when something oily gets onto water or something flat...

Tried cleaning it off. It's under the top layer and I can move it with my fingers around inside, similar to getting water between a digitiser and glass on an old style lcd screen.

Touch panel still works, can't see it when illuminated, bizarely it has exact straight lines that are in from the edge of the lcd - with block keyboard up approx one letter in from the edge either side fully top to bottom. Not been dropped, wet or abused but has been in pockets with no case / screen protector.

Any ideas? Anyone else got it? No photo shows it up :-( Time to call orange care methinks. Had paid for an unlock for it too :-(

M.S

Same problem, here, but it's an L shape. No idea how I got it (was fine for a couple of months, then it "just showed up." Looks fine when powered up so I don't worry too much about it.

Guest paroariax

I had that on my old WM2003SE PDA. It appeared as an oily rainbow blob in the middle of the screen. I got that PDA second hand, and I'm sure it was there from when I first got it. It wasn't visible when the backlight was on, and didn't affect the touch sensitivity at all, so I guess its harmless. Haven't seen it on my TG01 yet though.

Edited by paroariax

Guest Pitagorasz
Same problem, here, but it's an L shape. No idea how I got it (was fine for a couple of months, then it "just showed up." Looks fine when powered up so I don't worry too much about it.

Same probleme here too, and I asked toshiba support about it and they said thet it's because of excesiv pushing of the touch screen or inadecvate use of the handset,and the guaranty will be anulated if the reppair center decide (inadecvate use) .

So F...K Toshiba. I'll never do this stupid fault again (buying Toshiba product)

Guest darckreign1984
Same probleme here too, and I asked toshiba support about it and they said thet it's because of excesiv pushing of the touch screen or inadecvate use of the handset,and the guaranty will be anulated if the reppair center decide (inadecvate use) .

So F...K Toshiba. I'll never do this stupid fault again (buying Toshiba product)

read this topic

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=634610

I'm Pitagorasz who start that tread, my nick is the same here too. But thank's .I was with that PM (Romanian). I'll contact you on mess.

Odd how it's started for a few people around the same time! Is it maybe the touchscreen is delaminating from the top cover?

Mine is annoying me. When swiping to unlock the screen it's 'streaking' on the lcd as if I am running my finger through a puddle etc :-(

Time to call Orange care methinks... but they've pulled the TG01 from their website so dunno if I'll get another as replacement.

M.S

Odd how it's started for a few people around the same time! Is it maybe the touchscreen is delaminating from the top cover?

Mine is annoying me. When swiping to unlock the screen it's 'streaking' on the lcd as if I am running my finger through a puddle etc :-(

Time to call Orange care methinks... but they've pulled the TG01 from their website so dunno if I'll get another as replacement.

M.S

Well it finally made me sick of it today. Picked up a 2nd hand ( but mint) one from CEX for £110 as it wouldn't always even unlock!

Called orangecare, getting replacement tomorrow, mentioned all issues ( sound, charger, battery, touchscreen) but didn't say there was a film, just said it was unresponsive. The rep was helpful but explained nothing but the unresponsive touchscreen would trigger a free replacement, battery and mains charger I'd have to use orange care for each individually and pay £15 admin for both! Pah!

Still getting a replacement off them. How many replacements you reckon I gotta go through before i get a HD2? ;-)

M.S