malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

I was asked to include bart script in recovery.

That's done but it won't be included in next release (script will be present but not included in menu).

Next release will include :

- Recovery will be 1.6 AND 2.1 compatible.

- modified nandroid so it can backup ext partition on sdcard (used with apps2sd). So ext2 on sdcard will be backed up and restored too.

- Busybox will be updated to 1.15.3.

I still have to test before releasing. Will continue on monday.

Hard work as I am still unable to recompile the recovery menu and have to hexedit files !

Edited by malez

Guest malez
i get a "error enabling root" ???

Could you provide me the log file please : root system, copy log to sdcard, enable ums, provide recovery.log at root of scard. I will check (I am currently doing it). What is you system version (rom number and baseband)

Guest bellanano

malez, when you say, 1.6 and 2.1 compliant, you intend that i can perform a restore from an old backup made with lickonn recovery too?

Guest malez
malez, when you say, 1.6 and 2.1 compliant, you intend that i can perform a restore from an old backup made with lickonn recovery too?

Yes you can. But don't frorget that a specific system may not work if you have not the good baseband.

Guest bellanano
Yes you can. But don't frorget that a specific system may not work if you have not the good baseband.

Ok, so if i want to restore 1.6 backup from a 2.1 system, i always need to reflash acer rom with Acer download tool.

Thanks for your job!

Guest malez
Ok, so if i want to restore 1.6 backup from a 2.1 system, i always need to reflash acer rom with Acer download tool.

Thanks for your job!

yes you have to downgrade the baseband with acer tool first. Then reinstall my recovery and restore.

Guest Raymond Chen

My rom info is as below image. It's rooted.

After flashing the recovery image and reboot, I still cannot see the recovery menu. Just boot like usual.

Could you tell me the details about "enable ums" and get recovery log? thanks.

devicey.png

Guest malez
My rom info is as below image. It's rooted.

After flashing the recovery image and reboot, I still cannot see the recovery menu. Just boot like usual.

Could you tell me the details about "enable ums" and get recovery log? thanks.

devicey.png

To be sure you are trying to boot into recovery, boot in normal mode, plug your phone to computer, and type in a shell "adb reboot recovery". You can also install quickboot from market and you will be able to boot in any mode without your computer.

If you are sure that you made the good thing to enter recovery mode, your can try an alternate img file i will send you by PM. Tell me if it works.

I don't know AAP_FET rom. In what country do you live ?

Works perfectly the apps2sd ?

How much at max can we "enlarge" our free space with sd ? (ext2 -> max 512mb??!)

Can we use this apps2sd also with android 1.6 altought 2.1 ?

Sorry for these question, but I need to know that.

Bye

Guest Raymond Chen
To be sure you are trying to boot into recovery, boot in normal mode, plug your phone to computer, and type in a shell "adb reboot recovery". You can also install quickboot from market and you will be able to boot in any mode without your computer.

If you are sure that you made the good thing to enter recovery mode, your can try an alternate img file i will send you by PM. Tell me if it works.

I don't know AAP_FET rom. In what country do you live ?

Thanks for your malezRecovery_0.2_dep1.img. My country is Taiwan.

No matter I use "adb reboot recovery" or "quickboot", it's just boot normally.

Do you have other idea?

Guest malez
Thanks for your malezRecovery_0.2_dep1.img. My country is Taiwan.

No matter I use "adb reboot recovery" or "quickboot", it's just boot normally.

Do you have other idea?

So your phones must have some specific things I don't know. In this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-recovery-mode/ Umka said he finaly managed to flash recovery after an update via acerTool. Maybe you can try. Actually you can't install any recovery I thing. I will pm you the original img file to see if you can enter recovery with it.

Guest goa200

thanks for the update malez.

however i get error running nandroidbackup from the recovery but it works if i run it from the shell.

Guest malez
Works perfectly the apps2sd ?

How much at max can we "enlarge" our free space with sd ? (ext2 -> max 512mb??!)

Can we use this apps2sd also with android 1.6 altought 2.1 ?

Sorry for these question, but I need to know that.

Bye

Apps2sd works but, as I wrote on top of the topic, the boot image you are using must mount ext2 partition on boot. Lickonn custom rom 0.3 provides contains a kernel which mount the partition. It's 1.6 compatible.

ext2 parition size is max 4Tb. The only thing to respect is the order of your paritions.

Apps2sd can be used with android 1.6 and 2.1 IF your kenel mount the ext2 partition on boot.

Guest malez
thanks for the update malez.

however i get error running nandroidbackup from the recovery but it works if i run it from the shell.

Have log of error from reco menu ?

Are you sure you were not connected via the shell, so nandroid was unable to umount one of the parition. For exemple if you are on shell on /data/ and lauch backup from recovery menu, it will be unable to umount data filesystem. As I enforced fs check and security, nandroid will stop, to take any risk.

Guest Raymond Chen
So your phones must have some specific things I don't know. In this thread http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...-recovery-mode/ Umka said he finaly managed to flash recovery after an update via acerTool. Maybe you can try. Actually you can't install any recovery I thing. I will pm you the original img file to see if you can enter recovery with it.

I've tried recovery_original.img, still not work.

I flash other official rom by acer download tools, recovery works well.

Thanks for your support.

Guest malez
I've tried recovery_original.img, still not work.

I flash other official rom by acer download tools, recovery works well.

Thanks for your support.

You are welcome :( . In my conception share is the key

Guest Nova2.1

But will this work on Asian roms? Lincons recovery dosent, unless you use acer tools to do a complete system flash to a new rom.

one of my divices is still on a origional rom, im not going to touch much untill i see nandoid backing my crap up.

Edited by Nova2.1

Guest malez
But will this work on Asian roms? Lincons recovery dosent, unless you use acer tools to do a complete system flash to a new rom.

one of my divices is still on a origional rom, im not going to touch much untill i see nandoid backing my crap up.

Raymond Chen had the same ussue as you with its asian rom.

Apparently after flashing an official bin file with acer downlaod tools, recovery worked.

anyone who can explain or redirect me how to edit lines in the bold into the init.rc of my boot.img ?? (for finally use the app2sd)

As I've read from malez (ext2 parition size is max 4Tb. The only thing to respect is the order of your paritions), I can create so one partition ext2 of also 1GB for example to expand my memory for installed apps to 1gb?

I need a little guide for do all these stuff... :(

Thanks to malez, and all the community of this awesome product ! :(

Edited by m4ss

Guest Nova2.1
Apparently after flashing an official bin file with acer downlaod tools, recovery worked.

hehe, i said that im my quote..

unless you use acer tools to do a complete system flash to a new rom.

and Here

Paradox anybody..

Edited by Nova2.1

Guest malez
anyone who can explain or redirect me how to edit lines in the bold into the init.rc of my boot.img ?? (for finally use the app2sd)

As I've read from malez (ext2 parition size is max 4Tb. The only thing to respect is the order of your paritions), I can create so one partition ext2 of also 1GB for example to expand my memory for installed apps to 1gb?

I need a little guide for do all these stuff... :(

Thanks to malez, and all the community of this awesome product ! :(

You can create a 1go ext partition.

Use the recovery menu (adb shell malez) to do that.

Guest goa200
Have log of error from reco menu ?

Are you sure you were not connected via the shell, so nandroid was unable to umount one of the parition. For exemple if you are on shell on /data/ and lauch backup from recovery menu, it will be unable to umount data filesystem. As I enforced fs check and security, nandroid will stop, to take any risk.

I copied the recoverylog for ya

or atleast the part that should be interesting

Storing the ext2(Apps, Dalvik-cache) contents in the backup folder.

Warning: --ext2 specified but unable to mount the ext2 partition.

..KO

Error running nandroid backup. Backup not performed.I:Set boot command ""

Dont have any ext2 so not really sure why it wanna mount it whereas if i run it from the shell it works perfectly

Edited by goa200