• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

566 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi All!

I have an Acer Liquid Ferrari.

The App2sd can see only 200mb usable memory, but the phone has 512mb ram and rom.

Anybody can help me how can i use all of the memory?

Thx

Posted

I have broken Home button of my liquid and can't do nothing in recovery mode because requires this button to confirm actions...

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

Posted

Flash a stock ROM and send it into warranty repair?

Posted

Flash a stock ROM and send it into warranty repair?

I advice the same. Even if there is another way to navigate in recovery, you need this button in your all-day use.

Posted

Hello All! I am a newbie here. I like researching an issue before I ask questions. I own an Acer Liquid E. I updated to 2.2 using the acer rom available from their site. I have been trying to root my phone to be able to try other roms. I installed Malez 6.1. Everything is fine except when I try to boot into recovery. When I boot into recovery I get the triangle with the ! in it with the Android dude. if I press the home button it takes me into the stock recovery. I have tried to reinstall malez a few rimes as well with no avail. Thanks for the help in advance.

Posted

i cant do nandroid restore, it say u say to do it via console, any1 can here?

Posted (edited)

Hello,

My problem is;

I returned offical rom.Malez recovery don't open.

Again installing malez recorvery.

Later

I used power+volume down+cam buttons on the bootloader mode .

I see malez recovery screen but don't open this. I am Again and again trying.No it isn't work.

What is the problem?

Please help me :huh:

Not:Phone opening the normal

Sorry I know my English bad :)

Edited by abux

Posted

up :huh:

Posted

Hello,

My problem is;

I returned offical rom.Malez recovery don't open.

Again installing malez recorvery.

Later

I used power+volume down+cam buttons on the bootloader mode .

I see malez recovery screen but don't open this. I am Again and again trying.No it isn't work.

What is the problem?

Please help me :huh:

Not:Phone opening the normal

Sorry I know my English bad :)

What version of malez recovery are you using ?

Could you give me information provided in Settings/about ? (baseband, kernel, build), or the name of the bin file you have flashed

You phone is liquid a1 s100, liquidE, liquid ferrari ?

Posted

I have broken Home button of my liquid and can't do nothing in recovery mode because requires this button to confirm actions...

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my bad english

Thanks

use clockworkmod recovery

Posted

hey malez, can you upgrade your recovery to support ext4 fs ?

thanks !

Posted

hey malez, can you upgrade your recovery to support ext4 fs ?

thanks !

What do you need exactly ? Convert ext3 to ext4 ?

Posted

What do you need exactly ? Convert ext3 to ext4 ?

no, i already have an ext4 partition for apps2sd, but your recovery is unable to nandroid backup/restore it :huh:

Posted

how to use the apps2sd function? some1 plz kindly teach me?

Posted

I advice the same. Even if there is another way to navigate in recovery, you need this button in your all-day use.

Hi actually I have a similar problem after attempting to repair the screen myself. The lack of home button ain't that bad on normal use because of soft keypad application. The problem is that it doesn't work in recovery mode. It saw that there exist a console interface through malezbut not everything is available through it ,eg wipe.is there another way to use the complete functionality. shell or other?

Posted

Hello All! I am a newbie here. I like researching an issue before I ask questions. I own an Acer Liquid E. I updated to 2.2 using the acer rom available from their site. I have been trying to root my phone to be able to try other roms. I installed Malez 6.1. Everything is fine except when I try to boot into recovery. When I boot into recovery I get the triangle with the ! in it with the Android dude. if I press the home button it takes me into the stock recovery. I have tried to reinstall malez a few rimes as well with no avail. Thanks for the help in advance.

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem. I have the Rogers Liquid E and I'm on the official 2.2. Malez 6.1 installs fine but I when I boot into recovery I get the same ! and after pressing the home screen it goes to the stock recovery. Anyone with a solution?

Posted (edited)

Did you figure this out? I have the same problem. I have the Rogers Liquid E and I'm on the official 2.2. Malez 6.1 installs fine but I when I boot into recovery I get the same ! and after pressing the home screen it goes to the stock recovery. Anyone with a solution?

yes, official Roger 2.2 update automatically reflash its own "original" recovery on each system boot.

So you have to boot in recovery mode using combo keys, just after flashing malez recovery, then delete automatic procedure.

I will provide you an update.zip to do the job

edit : here is a modified installer with additionnal instructions. Thanks to Harness

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HW7OFSNW

i will generate a fully autocatic installer, maybe tomorrow but you can try this one with some manual steps (copy update_signed.zip to your sdcard roto and flash it).

Edited by malez

Posted

yes, official Roger 2.2 update automatically reflash its own "original" recovery on each system boot.

So you have to boot in recovery mode using combo keys, just after flashing malez recovery, then delete automatic procedure.

I will provide you an update.zip to do the job

edit : here is a modified installer with additionnal instructions. Thanks to Harness

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HW7OFSNW

i will generate a fully autocatic installer, maybe tomorrow but you can try this one with some manual steps (copy update_signed.zip to your sdcard roto and flash it).

Roto=root

Posted

any news ?

Posted

Hey Malez, Just wanna show some love. Thanks for all the hard work

Posted

Hey Malez, Just wanna show some love. Thanks for all the hard work

Sorry for not being here more often

Posted

- Fix package uid mistmatches -> fixes permissions on Android data directories after upgrade

- Wipe data (factory reset) -> erase all you personnal apps and info. Sometimes needed after a system upgrade. May fix lots of instability problems. First boot takes a long time.

- Wipe dalvik-cache -> erase the dalvik-cache. First boot takes a long time.

- Copy recovery.log to sdcard. -> Copy the recovery log file to the root of your sd card so can see more detailes information.

Posted

Can I use this on a new european Liquid E that comes with froyo 2.2 preinstalled?

Posted

Can I use this on a new european Liquid E that comes with froyo 2.2 preinstalled?

What is you baseband version (Settings / About phone) ?

It must work but it is just to be sure (it works on the 2.2 update releasesd by acer for liquid E)

Posted

Can I use this for an acer liquid mini?