malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest _Shani_

Thanks a lot malez.

I have Liquid E with Fido from Canada. It came with 2.1 and I updated it to 2.2 from Acer Canada website.

I used 0.6.2 with easy 1 step installer, followed all steps and it worked great without any trouble.

• 1 month later...
Guest Strieckel

Hello together

Still one question maybe someone could help me out?!

I am getting problems with my liquid e and I need to send it back to ACER for repair.

As I have it already rooted and malez recovery installed...how could I turn it back to stock.

Will be a flash with original acer flash file enough, will this overwrite malez recovery?

Thanks for help...

Br Strieckel

Guest Ma7moud

Hello together

Still one question maybe someone could help me out?!

I am getting problems with my liquid e and I need to send it back to ACER for repair.

As I have it already rooted and malez recovery installed...how could I turn it back to stock.

Will be a flash with original acer flash file enough, will this overwrite malez recovery?

Thanks for help...

Br Strieckel

yes just flash an original Acer BIN, you should pick the same version that came with your phone i think

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings;

I'm kinda enbarassed to be saying this... But i can't install malezrecovery by any means.

i've tried the easy installer; tried using commands; but my boot loader simply wont download the recovery.

i have the usb debug option active; updated drivers; and i can't figure it out.

i own a acer liquid mini e310, with the official gingerbread version. I'm wondering if the ROM is the problem... Should i downgrade it to 2.2?

Thanks in advance

Guest Ma7moud

Greetings;

I'm kinda enbarassed to be saying this... But i can't install malezrecovery by any means.

i've tried the easy installer; tried using commands; but my boot loader simply wont download the recovery.

i own a acer liquid mini e310, with the official gingerbread version. I'm wondering if the ROM is the problem... Should i downgrade it to 2.2?

Thanks in advance

this recovery won't work on the Liquid Mini, it works only on Acer Liquid S100

Greetings;

Thanks in advance

Hi,

malez recovery is only for Acer LIquid s100 or liquid E. It does not work on liquid mini. That is the reason why you don't manage to install.

Edited by malez

• 2 months later...
Guest Master_T

Guys, I fell like a total noob but... how do I format/wipe the SD-EXT partition? The "wipe sd-ext" command under the wipe menu does absolutely nothing (when I re-enable a2sd on a fresh rom all the old apps come back, obviously mostly non-working since they don't have their configuration data). Any hints?

EDIT: nevermind, solved by doing "repair sd-ext partition" and then "wipe sd-ext"

Edited by Master_T

Guest malez

Guys, I fell like a total noob but... how do I format/wipe the SD-EXT partition? The "wipe sd-ext" command under the wipe menu does absolutely nothing (when I re-enable a2sd on a fresh rom all the old apps come back, obviously mostly non-working since they don't have their configuration data). Any hints?

EDIT: nevermind, solved by doing "repair sd-ext partition" and then "wipe sd-ext"

Your file system was corrupted. Happy you have solved, was planning to give you some additional commands ;)

• 5 months later...
Guest Master_T

I recently tinkered with dev roms quite a bit, I felt safe knowing I had a nandroid backup in case something went wrong, but when I try to restore it it stays on "restoring backup" forever, just printing line after line of dots... I remember an old version of the recovery had this problem, but it never happened to me on 0.6.2, any clues on how to solve? I want do attempt some rom development, but restoring everything manually every time I want to just use the phone is ridicolous...

• 4 weeks later...

I recently tinkered with dev roms quite a bit, I felt safe knowing I had a nandroid backup in case something went wrong, but when I try to restore it it stays on "restoring backup" forever, just printing line after line of dots... I remember an old version of the recovery had this problem, but it never happened to me on 0.6.2, any clues on how to solve? I want do attempt some rom development, but restoring everything manually every time I want to just use the phone is ridicolous...

Could you copy logs to sdcard and send me by mail, I could help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Master_T

Sorry for taking long to reply. I figured out the problem already: if you're on a rom that has the "new" partition layout (so that you flashed with CWM or TWRP) you can't just reflash Malez Recovery and restore a backup. You must first flash a rom with malez (any rom, as long as it is malez-compatible, ie: has the old partition layout) and only than can you restore your backup. If you don't do that the restore process will go on forever.

• 1 month later...
Guest prince976

Hi

I have got a Acer Liquid A1, Froyo 2.2 --> Acer_Liquid_4.002.14_EMEA_GEN1

i am trying to install a custom rom on my Liquid acer A1, the Liquin next 1.9.2.

I have installed malez custom recovery 0.6.2 (the easy installer method)

In the recovery:

Build malez-liquid-0.6.2

finding update package.....

opening update package....

E:can't open/sdcard/update.zip

(no such file or directory)

installation aborted.

When i select anything it says aborted

Is this system rooted? ->Root check aborted.

Nandroid backup -> Backup aborted!

I have selected all method for root, but nothing!

I have installed z4root, and I have Superuser app.

How can I solve my problem?

Thanks

Guest prince976

try installing it again, maybe something is corrupted

I always have this problem,

I have installed again this rom:4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_256_bin with Acer Tools 3.1