malezRecovery image 0.6.2 + easy installer

Guest malez

Guest malez
I copied the recoverylog for ya

or atleast the part that should be interesting

Storing the ext2(Apps, Dalvik-cache) contents in the backup folder.

Warning: --ext2 specified but unable to mount the ext2 partition.

..KO

Error running nandroid backup. Backup not performed.I:Set boot command ""

Dont have any ext2 so not really sure why it wanna mount it whereas if i run it from the shell it works perfectly

Thank you for the log. I made a little fix for it. I will release 0.2.1 really soon. Just need to test before

Guest goa200
Thank you for the log. I made a little fix for it. I will release 0.2.1 really soon. Just need to test before

Thanks dude. Much appreciated for your fast work. Awesome recovery

Guest malez
Thanks dude. Much appreciated for your fast work. Awesome recovery

Version 0.2.1 with fixed nandroid when no ext2 partition on sd and called by stantard recovery menu is available. Have fun :(

Guest malez
does this recovery need the phone to be rooted?

No need to be rooted. You can even root/unroot your phone directly from the recovery menu :(

Guest goa200
Version 0.2.1 with fixed nandroid when no ext2 partition on sd and called by stantard recovery menu is available. Have fun :(

Many thanks for the quick fix

tried nandroid backup and it worked perfect from recovery

Guest malez

For those who are on an 1.6 android and would like to use app2sd, here is an update that was made by Lickon and that mount the needed partition on boot. I can't test it as I am on 2.1 rom but I used it before on 1.0.4 emea. Might not work on 2.0.16. Tell me and I would rebuild another specific one. Moreover it may downgrade your busybox version to 1.15.

I don't have time to update its content now.

Original post was here http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...custom-rom-0-3/

http://rapidshare.com/files/358851463/app2sd_update.zip

md5sum :

f7162a4dae4b967e00a2cb53697115b0 app2sd_update.zip

Installation instructions :

boot in recovery mode

make a nandroid backup (to have you current boot image and system on stock)

copy your backup to your computer

place app2sd_update.zip on your sd card root

reboot in recovery mode (adb reboot recovery)

choose install any zip file on sdcard and then app2sd_update.zip

when phone is booted, adb shell mount.

You should see something like

/dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd/ (rw)

make a backup of your sd card content

then you can reboot in recovery, choose "Split sd for apps 2 sd" (all data on sd card will be lost) and launch "app2sd" to move your apps to the sd card.

Reboot

if phone does not boot after flashing, simply restore your nandroid backup in recovery mode (adb reboot recovery is the easier way but you can use buttons too)

Edited by malez

Guest linuxluver

Does MalezRecovery v0.21 support the use of ext3?

I prefer to use a journaling version of the ext file system. Perhaps very slightly slower, but more robust.

Guest liquid_it
I prefer to use a journaling version of the ext file system. Perhaps very slightly slower, but more robust.

IMHO ext3 is a bad choice on such storage device as liquid microsd.. writing on a (class 2) sd is already extremely slow!

Journaling moreover is meant to avoid dataloss and filesystem unconsistency risk (which can be related to writing operations went wrong after an incorrect unmount), but app2sd partition is used just to store installed apps (ie: the partition is used just for reading @99%), I really can't see how it can be useful here..

Just my 2 cents :(

Guest bedtrip

I have a issue with app2sd: on lcr 1.1 (init.rc modded as in the first post) it works but when i reboot apps moved to sd don't appear installed.

Sorry for my bad english.

Edited by bedtrip

Guest malez
I have a issue with app2sd: on lcr 1.1 (init.rc modded as in the first post) it works but when i reboot apps moved to sd don't appear installed.

Sorry for my bad english.

what does adb shell mount returns ? (reboot your phone first)

Guest bedtrip
what does adb shell mount returns ? (reboot your phone first)

# mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd/ rw

mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd/ rw

BusyBox v1.15.1 (2009-09-24 15:48:43 CEST) multi-call binary

Usage: mount [flags] DEVICE NODE [-o OPT,OPT]

Mount a filesystem. Filesystem autodetection requires /proc be mounted.

EDIT: cannot read /etc/fstab: No such file or directory

EDIT 2: i found that after reboot the app2sd line from init.rc disappears!

Edited by bedtrip

Guest linuxluver

The ONE change I'd like to see is a menu item allowing the selection of a Nandroid backup from a list....as on AMON_RA's recovery ROM for the G1/Magic.

Is it possible to get the source for the recovery? I might have a go at making just this one change.

Guest malez
# mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd/ rw

mount ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 /system/sd/ rw

BusyBox v1.15.1 (2009-09-24 15:48:43 CEST) multi-call binary

Usage: mount [flags] DEVICE NODE [-o OPT,OPT]

Mount a filesystem. Filesystem autodetection requires /proc be mounted.

EDIT: cannot read /etc/fstab: No such file or directory

EDIT 2: i found that after reboot the app2sd line from init.rc disappears!

If you read carrefully, It's written that the initrd modification could be done in the boot.img image. Ramdisk is reloaded on each boot, so changes you have made were lost. That's why I have told you to reboot your phone. I knew knew there was something wrong.

Which rom version are you using ? If I find time, I will try to provide different boot images for test (Currently on LCR so I can't test for 1.6 roms ?)

Guest malez
The ONE change I'd like to see is a menu item allowing the selection of a Nandroid backup from a list....as on AMON_RA's recovery ROM for the G1/Magic.

Is it possible to get the source for the recovery? I might have a go at making just this one change.

I am currently working on the menu rebuild. My goal is to integrate all fonctions from adb backoffice script directly to menu. I am currently looking at the key mapping.

I you want to help me, that's whith pleasure. PM me

Guest bedtrip
If you read carrefully, It's written that the initrd modification could be done in the boot.img image. Ramdisk is reloaded on each boot, so changes you have made were lost. That's why I have told you to reboot your phone. I knew knew there was something wrong.

Which rom version are you using ? If I find time, I will try to provide different boot images for test (Currently on LCR so I can't test for 1.6 roms ?)

Sorry, i misunderstood that, btw i'm on LCR 1.1 .

Guest malez
What flags are you using to make the boot image using mkbootimg (or repack-bootimg)? What's the kernel base and board kernel command line?

What's you goal. Make a paid recovery ? From what I can read about you, you are trying to make money and ask others to test.

Are you not able to test by yourself ? Do you have a liquid (at least) ?

In my oppinion, and that's what I apply for my recovery, every fonction I propose is fully tested by me, and my recovery will always remain free !

So if you want some impovement, please ask me and I will try to include them.

Currently rebuilding my menu.

If you want to help me, please provide me you key mapping for liquid. I can find it by myself but i would gain some time.

Guest Koush
What's you goal. Make a paid recovery ? From what I can read about you, you are trying to make money and ask others to test.

Are you not able to test by yourself ? Do you have a liquid (at least) ?

In my oppinion, and that's what I apply for my recovery, every fonction I propose is fully tested by me, and my recovery will always remain free !

So if you want some impovement, please ask me and I will try to include them.

Currently rebuilding my menu.

If you want to help me, please provide me you key mapping for liquid. I can find it by myself but i would gain some time.

My recovery is free, AND open source. Yours is not. Mine runs on multiple devices. Yours does not. I am trying to help out the Liquid community, instead you are just being immature about it to stroke your internet ego.

http://www.koushikdutta.com/2010/02/clockw...very-image.html

http://github.com/koush/android_bootable_recovery

Anyways, thanks for the lack of help. I'll ask elsewhere.

Edited by Koush

Guest malez
My recovery is free, AND open source. Yours is not. Mine runs on multiple devices. Yours does not. I am trying to help out the Liquid community, instead you are just being immature about it to stroke your internet ego.

Anyways, thanks for the lack of help. I'll ask elsewhere.

I have given you informations by PM but you have not read them. I don't permit you to say i am immature. I have never refused to help anyone. I have just asked you why you where not able to test your recovery by yourself. Instead of giving me an answer, you just agress me. My recovery could work on any devices too. I just have to the kernel and rebuild the img file. I just hope it helps people. All I do is for community no for my "internet ego" as you have written.

If you appreciate my work and wait to support me, please no donation, just tell it, that's all.

Good luck in you work.

Edited by malez

Guest malez
Guys, is it so hard to cooperate?

That's what I did, telling Koush what was the base address for liquid as he was requesting. Strange reaction.

For public information, base address is 0x2000000.

Good luck in his work.

Edited by malez

• 3 weeks later...
Guest marcolino123

Hi malez!!I like your work, but i have a question: why don' t you add "wipe battery stats" option??

Is very very usefull..Thank you for your recovery!!