One less accomplished chef in the kitchen

Guest tedkord

Guest tedkord

BGILL/Evidence has tossed his Omnia II, and is now working Droid ROMs. This is a shame, as he made some of the best (IMO) ROMs for the original Verizon Omnia. He didn't really break new ground with them, but what he did probably as good or better than anyone else, was to research all the possibilities from all the other ROMs being cooked, pick the best options, then put it all together in a ROM that just worked (usually). I used his ROMs exclusively up until he left the Omnia behind.

I've pretty much talked myself out of the Omnia II. It's got great potential, but like so many other devices, it's held back by Verizon and Samsung. If only they'd release the official ROM and all related installers, etc...Then the true experts could make this bird fly.

Actually, I've pretty much talked myself out of re-upping with Verizon. If the "multimedia 3G phone" mandatory data plan is still there next Feb. when my contract is up, I'll be leaving Verizon. My wife and daughter both use LG Voyagers now, and like the flip open/hardware qwerty for texting, but don't use the internet on it (we have it blocked). You can't get a VZW phone with that form factor without a mandatory $10 data plan (for a paltry 25mb), and I will not pay this greedy company another penny. Their plans are already overpriced.

Edited by tedkord

Guest DirtySanchez
BGILL/Evidence has tossed his Omnia II, and is now working Droid ROMs. This is a shame, as he made some of the best (IMO) ROMs for the original Verizon Omnia. He didn't really break new ground with them, but what he did probably as good or better than anyone else, was to research all the possibilities from all the other ROMs being cooked, pick the best options, then put it all together in a ROM that just worked (usually). I used his ROMs exclusively up until he left the Omnia behind.

I've pretty much talked myself out of the Omnia II. It's got great potential, but like so many other devices, it's held back by Verizon and Samsung. If only they'd release the official ROM and all related installers, etc...Then the true experts could make this bird fly.

Actually, I've pretty much talked myself out of re-upping with Verizon. If the "multimedia 3G phone" mandatory data plan is still there next Feb. when my contract is up, I'll be leaving Verizon. My wife and daughter both use LG Voyagers now, and like the flip open/hardware qwerty for texting, but don't use the internet on it (we have it blocked). You can't get a VZW phone with that form factor without a mandatory $10 data plan (for a paltry 25mb), and I will not pay this greedy company another penny. Their plans are already overpriced.

well thats to bad to hear i also liked what bgill had cooked up over the last few years but where one steps away others can replace and lets keep im mind its a group effort and we all make this cooking thing work

o also im replying to this post on my new i920 and it works just fine

Guest snapz54

I was so relieved that evidence was a part of this and Wozzer was involved and training disciples that I pulled the trigger and received my O2 today... It's sitting here next to me and I think it just shed a tear. This thing is so gorgeous??? How can everyone just give up at the starting line remembering how far they brought us with the original omnia. This is a sad day

Guest odeveca25
I was so relieved that evidence was a part of this and Wozzer was involved and training disciples that I pulled the trigger and received my O2 today... It's sitting here next to me and I think it just shed a tear. This thing is so gorgeous??? How can everyone just give up at the starting line remembering how far they brought us with the original omnia. This is a sad day

I got my O2 about a week and a half a go. Decided to get an Omnia 2 . and though the verizon salesperson tried to pity me cuz of wmd i decided to go with the O2 because i know 2many people with the droid and i enjoyed my omnia 1 very much. I could have easily picked any phone i wanted but i decided to stay with omnia 2. I still flash my omnia 1 though i dont use it. My hats off to Lioryte, RobStorm and other cooks still cooking omnia roms they are an inspiration to me and i hope we can get some more omnia 2 cooks soon