Issue with Voicemail Notifications and MMS (O2)

Guest mo_sjo

Hi all :(

Had my N1 for a little while now and two main issues remain: Voicemail Notifications (lack of) and MMS (not working). I'm on O2.

Voicemail: I've configured my voicemail number (901) which works when I dial voicemail, but I don't get any notifications through of new voicemails.

MMS: I've got two APN's configured (as per previous discussions on modaco/xdadev). The internet one is working (apn type: not set) but the MMS one (apn type@: mms) appears not to work. Basically I get an error if I try and download an MMS message (download of message was unsuccessful). Doesn't work over GSM or Wi-Fi.

Can someone on O2 confirm what works please?

Guest AndiTails

I know the user Rocky7 has got O2 MMS working - though the pics come through very small.

As for Voicemail - not a solution per se, but I prefer and use HulloMail - they have a great Android app too :(

Edited by AndiTails

Guest kwazyivan
Hi all :(

Had my N1 for a little while now and two main issues remain: Voicemail Notifications (lack of) and MMS (not working). I'm on O2.

Voicemail: I've configured my voicemail number (901) which works when I dial voicemail, but I don't get any notifications through of new voicemails.

MMS: I've got two APN's configured (as per previous discussions on modaco/xdadev). The internet one is working (apn type: not set) but the MMS one (apn type@: mms) appears not to work. Basically I get an error if I try and download an MMS message (download of message was unsuccessful). Doesn't work over GSM or Wi-Fi.

Can someone on O2 confirm what works please?

I had the same issue, but i'm with H3G, what I found was rather odd, as if you imput the mms setting or even save the APN title in CAPITAL letters, it wont work, so dont save the settings as: MMS

but instead save the settings as: mms

It worked fine for me.

I hope this helps :(

Guest mo_sjo

I got the Voicemail notifications working by re-configuring them within the voicemail settings at O2 themselves. A bit odd as it used to work before, but perhaps the method has changed or something - i'm not familiar enough with how that works at the back-end to speculate further.

Still working on the MMS side of things. A guy on xdadev gave me some settings which aren't working. Not sure if it's because i'm on a business tarriff or not.

Guest Rocky7

settings I posted here work fine on my Nexus on O2, just double checked and sent myself an mms and downloaded it ... not sure if other poster is right about the name being lowercase but my names are lowercase too on my phone.

http://android.modaco.com/content/google-n...299495/uk-apns/

you still get the cack small images though which is why I just ported to Vodafone ... roll on Thursday!

Vodafone Femto Cell (sure signal) so I will have a signal in the house for 50 pounds.

30 day contract @ 25 pounds per month.

BT Openzone WiFi, unlimited landline calls, unlimited texts, 1GB of data, 900 minutes of anytime calls ... job done.

Guest Rocky7

If you want to "solve" your tiny pic size ...

Download Handcent SMS

Go into android messaging and disable notifications and auto download (not sure if second bit is necessary).

Open Handcent SMS and in settings change the user agent to be "Nokia N95" and enabled auto downloading ...

Voila ... 25kb images ... still pants but a lot better than 3kb.

Guest Rocky7

As for voicemail notifications, dial in to your O2 mailbox and set your voicemail notification to be a text message ... works on any phone then.