WM6.5.3 seen on TG01

Guest Joe Hawkins

Guest Joe Hawkins

Ive seen some websites that have got TG01's running the prettier 6.5.3 version on WM and i wanted to know if anyone had information about this as the official version of 6.5 on my device is so ugly and boring, thanks!

Guest useyourfist

Toshiba say there is no plans to bring 6.5.3 to tgo1 and is probably only on show phones to make there stuff look better tosh are horrible to customers unfortuanetly,

BUT hopefully it looks like some progress is being made with custom roms so with any luck we may get it in an unofficial way

Guest Joe Hawkins
Toshiba say there is no plans to bring 6.5.3 to tgo1 and is probably only on show phones to make there stuff look better tosh are horrible to customers unfortuanetly,

BUT hopefully it looks like some progress is being made with custom roms so with any luck we may get it in an unofficial way

I dont understand why they gave the TG01 the most basic ugliest version of 6.5 they could? where they purposely putting themselves at a disadvantage especially as this device is so powerful :/

Edited by Joe Hawkins

Guest useyourfist

it was the newest release at the time so cant fault them on that but we should really get the new update but as i said they are just lazy/rubbish i would advise ppl to just avoid them from now however tempting there products may seem.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rob evans
it was the newest release at the time so cant fault them on that but we should really get the new update but as i said they are just lazy/rubbish i would advise ppl to just avoid them from now however tempting there products may seem.
When you said about temptation, well i was tempted to buy the tg01 @ £149 + 10 top on pay as you go, 3 weeks ago, windows 6.5 is an improvment on the 6.1, and still has the sound problem, sluggish op system, but it has its other advantages, just hanging on for a new updated s/w too.Rob <_<

Guest useyourfist

they are good for the £149 but i got mine on a two year contract about 3 months beforwe the price cut <_< neway custom rom is not far off so all probs should hopefully be fixed soon

Guest Ács Lajos
they are good for the £149 but i got mine on a two year contract about 3 months beforwe the price cut <_< neway custom rom is not far off so all probs should hopefully be fixed soon

Be fixed soon????

read the topic about the sound issue!

Seems to the toshiba just playing.

Guest Joe Hawkins
Be fixed soon????

Hopefully although unlikely toshiba will release 6.5.3 as an update which includes the sound issue update. but if worst comes to worst this week there has been a lot of progress in ROM development for the TG01 and it seems that Roms are starting to be cooked.

Edited by Joe Hawkins

Guest useyourfist
Be fixed soon????

just need new radio in cooked rom and has the possability to be better as srswow shows speaker and mic volume can be improved.