the kevster's Base ROMs

Guest thekevster

Guest thekevster

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR DEVICE! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!

must have cf03 installed before flashing this ROM.

Thanks to:

smaury for the new UI version of oskitchen

waremike32 for the xipfix and recmod for the kitchen as well as the help he has provided with ?'s i posted

everyone over at omnia mods for making the best site ever for chefs.

all other chefs for making cooking on the omnia what it is today

current: v2 Base 23541

align screen removed. tap top left corner to get past orange windows screen on first boot.

Added:

Mortscript

Chome Editor

Office Mobile 2010

IMSelector

Showcase

Removed:

All Verizon and Samsung Apps

WMWeather Widget

WMMoney Widget

too much to list

ScreenShot5-2.pngScreenShot3-2.pngbase2.pngScreenShot4-2.pngbase1.png

Download:

Latest Release:

Base v2 23541

Archive:

Base v1 28230

Change Log

v2: various reg tweaks (fixed mms, hardware buttons, etc.), added office 2010, im selector, mortscript, chome editor

v1: first Base build, added showcase, kinetic scrolling

Edited by thekevster

Guest rubadub234
Nice work for a start

its nice to see some cookin going on lately

i may have to give it a go :(

agreed, glad to see I wasnt the only one stuck with a crappy 2 year contract and no upgrade til August :(

good job kevster, i will give it a shot

Guest reaver76
agreed, glad to see I wasnt the only one stuck with a crappy 2 year contract and no upgrade til August :(

good job kevster, i will give it a shot

I've been looking for something new to try. I'll give it a go.

I wish my contract was up in August. I'm stuck til January 2011.

Guest thekevster

thanks! hope you guys like it. i'll try updating the ROM whenever i have free time.

lucky yall, i'm stuck till May 2011 :(

Guest thekevster

no problems with showcase yet as far as i have noticed. havent really run many apps on my phone since i flashed though.

working on cooking a non-base build. going to include tellme, opera mobile 10 beta 3, flashlite 3.1, myphone, fingerkeyboard 2 just to name a few. should be posted tonight, stay tuned.

Guest thekevster
throw a theme in there too?

gchris titanium theme

i was actually going to try cooking this in on my non-base build. just trying to figure out how to set a certain theme as default on first boot then it should be good to go. will be late this evening or tomorow before i can work on it though as i have class from from 12:30-6:20 today then an organic chemistry test to study for then class from 8-5 tomorrow. oh the joys of college :(

Edited by thekevster

Guest Zero XG4

This ROM is EXCELLENT and I applaud your ability to free up so much memory. I wanted to keep it but, unfortunately, I believe the build itself (28230) is bad. I couldn't wake my phone up this morning, and had to remove the battery to start it. Moments after, the battery trick didn't even work.

Build 28230 seems to be bad for our phones in terms of the sleep of death issue. I've also heard about the exact same things happening on Lioryte's 28230 ROM.

If this was on a working build it would be AMAZING. I love the amount of free program memory for a change.

Guest peperonikiller

Might wanna try build 23105. Besides camera font and the well known wifi issues its got no problems, at least that i can tell.. Im going to see if i can fix the problems when i mess with the kitchen for my lite build. Nice to see a new cooker starting off putting out Base builds. I personally love base builds and its a great place to start and learn how to customize everything to your own and not use someone elses reg settings etc..

Guest thekevster
Might wanna try build 23105. Besides camera font and the well known wifi issues its got no problems, at least that i can tell.. Im going to see if i can fix the problems when i mess with the kitchen for my lite build. Nice to see a new cooker starting off putting out Base builds. I personally love base builds and its a great place to start and learn how to customize everything to your own and not use someone elses reg settings etc..

i was thinking about cooking in 23541. which one is stabler 23105 or 23541?

28230 isnt very stable for me. 28223 is stable but i like the threaded emails of the 23XXX builds

and i agree. its much better to start off from scratch and work you're way up. i prefer learning how to do something then doing it manually instead of cooking in a cab that someone else made that does the same thing. it gives you a better understanding of the omnia IMO. i understand the omnia and how it works more than i ever did now that i have started cooking.

Guest thekevster
This ROM is EXCELLENT and I applaud your ability to free up so much memory. I wanted to keep it but, unfortunately, I believe the build itself (28230) is bad. I couldn't wake my phone up this morning, and had to remove the battery to start it. Moments after, the battery trick didn't even work.

Build 28230 seems to be bad for our phones in terms of the sleep of death issue. I've also heard about the exact same things happening on Lioryte's 28230 ROM.

If this was on a working build it would be AMAZING. I love the amount of free program memory for a change.

thank you :(

yea, 28230 freezes my phone too much. there was 1 time i only had it booted for about 5 seconds before i had to remove the battery again.

going to post a 28223 Base build here in a little while. i've been running 28223 builds for a few days and havent run into any problems as of yet.

the only problems i am having are with the kitchen. doesnt seem to want to disable security warnings so you have to click yes every time a program tries to load for the first time.

within the next couple of days i plan on posting a 28223 and 23541 or 23105 base build (maybe even both) along with a couple versions of non-base builds. one of the non-base versions will most likely include gchris's titanium theme.

Guest thekevster

thanks! i'm glad you like it :(

there may be a bug with mms. i'm running my personal 28223 rom and mms doesnt work for some reason. i cant even try to create a new mms message.

my brother in law sent me a picture message last night while i was right there with him and i have yet to get it. not sure what the problem is, but i'm working on trying to figure out.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest thekevster

expect a new version to be posted tonight.

some major enhancements include changing build to 23541 with office 2010 and fixing the mms problem(thanks Nilse and waremike32!).

it isnt a base build, i wont be able to build a new base build until tomorrow.

stay tuned!

Guest thekevster

no time for screenshots or descriptions, will post later when i have time. for now here it is, first version of non-base ROM:

Edit: Data Connection not working so i removed the link. switching back to the original OEM i used. stay tuned for the new version.

Edited by thekevster

Guest thekevster

added a new version to the first post. new version inlcudes alot of bug fixes including mms and sleep of death. this is a stable working ROM with no major problems that i have found. i'll be adding new versions when i can, maybe in a new thread. i have alot of work to post once i make them modaco-friendly. i have a custom titanium build (non-base), an M2D only ROM, and i'm currently working on a flotanium ROM.

Guest RoyalDrew
added a new version to the first post. new version inlcudes alot of bug fixes including mms and sleep of death. this is a stable working ROM with no major problems that i have found. i'll be adding new versions when i can, maybe in a new thread. i have alot of work to post once i make them modaco-friendly. i have a custom titanium build (non-base), an M2D only ROM, and i'm currently working on a flotanium ROM.

Wow man I really like the Base v2 23541 build. It's super responsive and doesn't seem to have the laggy feel of the roms I've used lately.

I've used roms from almost every cooker out there and i would have to rate this one of the top!

I usually only use base roms because i have a certain set of apps and don't want any other bloat so i'm glad i ran across this one!

Guest thekevster
Wow man I really like the Base v2 23541 build. It's super responsive and doesn't seem to have the laggy feel of the roms I've used lately.

I've used roms from almost every cooker out there and i would have to rate this one of the top!

I usually only use base roms because i have a certain set of apps and don't want any other bloat so i'm glad i ran across this one!

thanks! I'm glad you like it. I've found 23541 to be the most stable build i've ever used. I havent experienced the sleep of death on it yet, and it's only frozen on me once but that was because i was trying to run like 5 apps at one time lol.

i was the same way before i started cooking my own ROMs. i liked the designs of some of the ROMs, but most of them had stuff cooked in that was useless to me and a waste of space.

i'm planning on adding a version with office 2010, chome editor, and showcase removed as well some other small things to allow for more free memory. i think with all of that removed i might be able to get on the upwards of 170MB free.

Edited by thekevster

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robertjm

Hi Kevin,

So I had a question about your two base ROMs that you have here. What exactly is the main differences between 28223 and 23541 (besides it being a different com)?

You mentioned 28223 not having threaded email. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's where emails are nested as they are received, correct? What about texts? Personally, the threaded texts drive me up the wall and one of the first thing I usually install is Modaco's OmniaThread to get rid of that. Somewhere you also mentioned that you were having issues with MMS in 28223 and were going to post a new version. Did you ever figure out the problem? I didn't see a new ROM based on that build posted.

Do these bases come with Titanium, or is it just the Start screen?

Totally unrelated question. I've downloaded and installed Vistang's Kitchen, but was wondering where do I get the base ROM files to seed the kitchen with?

Thanks!!

Robert

Edited by robertjm