TG01 Knackered on Boot

Guest daviddakota

Guest daviddakota

I've had a TG01 for a few months, with a few issues here and there - a little resetting, and some random freezing etc but nothing too bad. All recoverable.

Until Now....

The phone refuses to boot. Holding the power button, the thing tries to boot; shows the Toshiba logo and eventually gets to the Orange logo (its on Orange) - unanimated, it just flashes up as a still image. And from there, nothing - it simply wont go any further, sitting there, screen bright, no repsonse.

Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

Regards

David

Guest daviddakota

i have not done a master reset, although i am tempted to try. Don't want to make things any worse, so have avoided a master reset so far.

It happened Sunday, it froze,rebooted (as it occasionally does) and then couldn't get past the Orange logo.

Guest bingm
i have not done a master reset, although i am tempted to try. Don't want to make things any worse, so have avoided a master reset so far.

It happened Sunday, it froze,rebooted (as it occasionally does) and then couldn't get past the Orange logo.

sound like it cant get much worse. if a hard reset doesn't fix it then return it?

Guest lonegunman
Tried all the above. Toshiba have advised that should a hard reset now fix the problem, it'll need to be returned.

Have you the phone number for Toshiba by any chance, mine wont turn on,show's the orange light that it's charging but when you go to switch it on nothing,when to orange this morning and because i got it second hand and have no proof of purchase they will not touch it or deal with it for me.

Guest Nomgle
Have you the phone number for Toshiba by any chance, mine wont turn on,show's the orange light that it's charging but when you go to switch it on nothing,when to orange this morning and because i got it second hand and have no proof of purchase they will not touch it or deal with it for me.

Try pulling the battery for five minutes, and I've also found you sometimes need to hold the power button for many seconds to initiate a power-on.

Failing that, a simple hard-reset should bring it back to life.