Storm ROMS [CF03] - TouchFlo Detach - 12MB Pagepool

Guest Rob Storm

Guest arirang
I noticed even in my own roms of 2354X that I would get the SOD a lot. Might just be either a branch issue or something duking it out with an Omnia driver. Tis why ive been cookin with the 2310X builds, the only downside to that branch is the Camera font but thats just an appearance issue

@peperonikiller: something to consider for your next build:

1. 28223 [lior's] has been rock solid and IMO a good candidate.

2. it could be showcase-related. lior's 28223 doesn't have it cooked in. it's one thing that seemingly every chef seems to cook in, so perhaps it's a conflict with it and 2354x branch. cosmetics aside, the plumbing is definitely different. for example, i use evernote which consistently installs and fully functions on 282xx but never has fully functioned on 235xx.

Edited by arirang

Guest doubleroll
has anyone had an problems sending txt and or viewing them in the "all messages" window? im on build 23544

Yes I had texting issues. The text would just sit there. Had to roll back to 23542.

Guest kevkavalier

23544: Anybody having a problem with the TODAY (titanium) screen? Seems that even after I click on it, I'm still stuck in TOUCH-FLO mode. Damn shame no texting as well. I really like the GUI of this rom but it REALLY HAS TO WORK without all these damn bugs in it. Couldn't get it to see my saved weather location but somehow google maps is automatically changing the locations as I drive through- a very cool feature. This rom POTENTIALLY has the ability to kick total ass but I am disappointed not to see any comments/fixes from Rob a day later. I think he mentioned having some personal issues so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. Unfortunately, I must flash to something that works.

Please fix, if you can, Rob, as soon as humanly and emotionally possible.

Take care of yourself.

Guest thedeathofme

Come on, give the guy a break So Mr. Storm is MIA for a day or two and your device has a SOD once in a while, big deal. It's par for course my friends. Just remember what your Omnia worked like when you pulled it out of the box, how boring and uninspiring it was. Now you have the ability to revamp everything with a 5 minute flash thanks to guys like Rob and the few others that are left on the i910 threads. I'm sure he'll get it worked out soon as he can. <_<

Guest kevkavalier
Come on, give the guy a break So Mr. Storm is MIA for a day or two and your device has a SOD once in a while, big deal. It's par for course my friends. Just remember what your Omnia worked like when you pulled it out of the box, how boring and uninspiring it was. Now you have the ability to revamp everything with a 5 minute flash thanks to guys like Rob and the few others that are left on the i910 threads. I'm sure he'll get it worked out soon as he can. <_<

I did give Rob a break. No SOD for me since I already upgaded to his 23544 first. I just flashed back to my first rom (stock V2- Wozz/Lior) here, just to add what I've learned over the last 2 months here. So yeah, I went back to souped up stock- what about it? I even asked for version 3.

Peace!

Guest Rob Storm

Sorry for the delay as I have been cooking up a storm (no pun intended <_< ). Finally settled on 28223 (Newest IE6) and added in Office 2010 from Com 5 as well as threaded email. Did not want to just have a quick release without running it through the paces.

Seems very stable. I have not had any SOD errors, texting works fine.

Please try this one and offer your feedback.

Happy Flashing!!

Rob

Storm Rom V2.0 - TouchFlo Detach 28233

Guest doubleroll
Sorry for the delay as I have been cooking up a storm (no pun intended <_< ). Finally settled on 28223 (Newest IE6) and added in Office 2010 from Com 5 as well as threaded email. Did not want to just have a quick release without running it through the paces.

Happy Flashing!!

Rob

No problem. Thanks for all your hard work! Great job. I will try 28233 and let you know.

Edited by doubleroll

Guest arirang

Happy Flashing!!

Rob

+1 IE6. i've used Opera since it fit on a single floppy disk [for desktop], and naturally have used its mobile version. however, with the latest versions [upto v10b3], i wasn't satisfied with the rendering of seemingly basic mobile Google web layouts [igoogle, Google homepage, Google reader, etc.]. so i compared with IE6, and found it renders noted pages with more finger-friendly font sizing, is more responsive when tapping links, similar Program memory footprint, and launches more quickly than Opera.

your mileage may vary.

Guest LordSith

Happy Flashing!!

Rob

Excellent Rob, downloading now. Won't be able to flash until probably tomorrow, but will post my results.

I'll put up some screen shots for others, unless someone beats me to it. LOL

Guest Chimp

Happy Flashing!!

Rob

Cool! I'll flash this evening once I get home.

P.S. Your message above says 28233 when in fact it is 28223 - just might be confusing to some... :mellow:

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest tractor101

quote name='Chimp' date='Mar 9 2010, 12:11' post='1212405']

P.S. Your message above says 28233 when in fact it is 28223 - just might be confusing to some... :mellow:

/Chimp (Tom)

Guest techfellow

Are there any "benefits" to running a rom like this? You like titanium, or you like touchflo right? I'm I missing something?

Guest renee613
Are there any "benefits" to running a rom like this? You like titanium, or you like touchflo right? I'm I missing something?

or u like both. <_< touchflo detacher is cooked in and assigned to a softkey so you can switch back and forth between the 2 with the push of a button.

btw, flashed to the new 282XX rom. works really good and the blue theme is beautiful. no SOD issues either. will post pics in a few.

edit: here are pics. fyi, i have a custom bottom taskbar thats not part of the rom and memory shown is after i installed my apps.

post-575094-1268183884_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183893_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183899_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183907_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183919_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183929_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183936_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183961_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183967_thumb.jpgpost-575094-1268183975_thumb.jpg post-575094-1268183982_thumb.jpg

post-575094-1268183946_thumb.jpg

Edited by renee613

Guest snkeyez95

Hey Storm. Really enjoy your build. Thanks.

Anyone have suggestions on where to go for more TouchFlo information. Looking to customizse icons and such. Are there dedicated threads to TouchFlo I haven't run across?

Guest norm883

Very nice ROM and thank you.

Just a question? I appear to lock up in the screen to acrivate GPS and need to soft reset to clear. Am I doing something wrong. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Norm883

Guest rpmm70
Very nice ROM and thank you.

Just a question? I appear to lock up in the screen to acrivate GPS and need to soft reset to clear. Am I doing something wrong. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Norm883

For most custom ROMs, you cannot close the GPS Setting page with the OK button. You have to set one of your hard keys to <OK/Close>. After you save your GPS settings, you can change it back to whatever you want.

Guest LordSith

Don't understand it, but I'm having some serious problems with this ROM. Can't get the keyboard to open up, I have to use the optical mouse since half of my touch screen fried, and the mouse is jumping around like there's something running in the background.

I have soft reset 5 times, and each time I get 1 of 2 errors: Bootloader can't load, or Showcase manager can't load.

Resetting back to the official Verizon update, then will try to re-flash this ROM again.

** UPDATE: Well, I can't even do the official Verizon. Since half of my touch screen is fried, I'm stuck on the align screen and can't get passed it. LOL So I'm retrying the 28233 now to see if I can get it working.

Edited by LordSith

Guest compwat
i910 ONLY - CF03 ROM - FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK

This ROM gives the best of the 2 most popular build branches. The Com 5 (235xx), has the newest "Threaded Email and Office 2010", while The WMD (282xx), has the newest Internet Explorer improvements. This ROM is made on the 282xx platform.

ROM Includes:

TouchFlo Detach (Titanium & TouchFlo)

Comm Manager Suite with WiFi Sharing

Bluetooth Icon Broker

FTouchSL 2.10

GeoServices

Google Maps 3.2

HTC AGPS

HTC Album 2.0

HTC Audio Manager 2.0

Google Location Service

Palingro

Custom Lockscreen

Custom Incoming Call Screen

PhatFingers 3.1

Office 2010

Default IM

Manila2D Config by mpenguin

Manila Weather Settings Editor

MortScript

Black Camera Skin

HTCSettings

Showcase Suite 1.1

Microsoft Tellme

HTC Calculator

YouTube

Titanium Weather

AT Contacts

Threaded Email

Happy Flashing!!!

Any chance of some screen shots?

Guest norm883
For most custom ROMs, you cannot close the GPS Setting page with the OK button. You have to set one of your hard keys to <OK/Close>. After you save your GPS settings, you can change it back to whatever you want.

Duhhhh! Feal very folish, Thank you that was very helpful.

Norm883

Guest thedeathofme

@ Rob

I flashed to your latest Version 2 and everything seems great so far. Only issue I have is on the Touchflow side of things I can't seem to add shortcuts for the last 6 open slots under the "programs" tab. I noticed this with the last build too. Any idea why?

Thanks Bro!!!

Guest techfellow
@ Rob

I flashed to your latest Version 2 and everything seems great so far. Only issue I have is on the Touchflow side of things I can't seem to add shortcuts for the last 6 open slots under the "programs" tab. I noticed this with the last build too. Any idea why?

Thanks Bro!!!

Same here.